SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#294883 - 09/29/10 07:56 AM KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Dnj Offline

#294884 - 09/29/10 10:19 AM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I just listened to American Rock, the first one, and this is simply unbelievable! That's why I bought this baby! You guys have heard this fellow say a dozen times, it's the best live band sound arranger on the planet. Nothing comes close that I have heard. Cheers for ever did that demo!

#294885 - 09/29/10 10:29 AM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Wow! Nice stuff, Donny.

The Audya sounds very good.

Ian

#294886 - 09/29/10 12:44 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Dnj Offline

Listen to them all, Audya...Sd5/2 also.. especially all the style parts...WOW!.....simply Amazing!!

Tyros 4 who? (kidding)

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....do you hear it?
could that be a delivery truck out front ?......Hmmmmm?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-29-2010).]

#294887 - 09/29/10 12:56 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Listen to them all, Audya...Sd5/2 also.. especially all the style parts...WOW!.....simply Amazing!!

Tyros 4 who? (kidding)

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....do you hear it?
could that be a delivery truck out front ?......Hmmmmm?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-29-2010).]

I heard you ordered a Casio WK-7500....

#294888 - 09/29/10 01:17 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I still believe the greatest strength of the Audya is also its' greatest weakness...

Yes, those styles sound AMAZING. And you are going to want MORE, and more, and more...

Ketron's past performance in bringing out loads of styles with live loop drums on them for the SD-1 was not very impressive. Making your OWN live loop styles is vastly more complicated than doing them with MIDI (and so few of us can even do THAT). Using other user's live loop styles that have loops taken from commercial libraries brings up all sorts of copyright issues, not to mention there are few audio drum loop libraries out there that firstly, contain complete performances with plenty of Intros, Endings, break/fills etc. in addition to the basic patterns and fills, and secondly, even fewer in the sort of styles that appeal to the majority of the somewhat elderly arranger demographic...

I personally think that how an arranger impresses you AFTER you've played it for maybe three or four years is what decides whether it is good or not. That new car smell DOES eventually wear off... But MIDI based arrangers can continually expand their style library with translations, user styles and third party styles with little difficulty, at least compared to live loop ones. I've got a TON of stuff in my G70 it didn't come with.

I just wonder if that degree of freshness is going to happen to the audio arranger... Time will tell.

#294889 - 09/29/10 02:39 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Tonewheeldude Offline

they are working on new styles right now, but this time they will be for sale.

don't forget since the Audya was released there have been two large, free, style packs bringing the total styles to around 570 now.

plus there are loads of unused loops so you can make your own up with ingredients already on the keyboard.

#294890 - 09/29/10 02:41 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I still believe the greatest strength of the Audya is also its' greatest weakness...

Yes, those styles sound AMAZING. And you are going to want MORE, and more, and more...

Ketron's past performance in bringing out loads of styles with live loop drums on them for the SD-1 was not very impressive. Making your OWN live loop styles is vastly more complicated than doing them with MIDI (and so few of us can even do THAT). Using other user's live loop styles that have loops taken from commercial libraries brings up all sorts of copyright issues, not to mention there are few audio drum loop libraries out there that firstly, contain complete performances with plenty of Intros, Endings, break/fills etc. in addition to the basic patterns and fills, and secondly, even fewer in the sort of styles that appeal to the majority of the somewhat elderly arranger demographic...

I personally think that how an arranger impresses you AFTER you've played it for maybe three or four years is what decides whether it is good or not. That new car smell DOES eventually wear off... But MIDI based arrangers can continually expand their style library with translations, user styles and third party styles with little difficulty, at least compared to live loop ones. I've got a TON of stuff in my G70 it didn't come with.

I just wonder if that degree of freshness is going to happen to the audio arranger... Time will tell.

Diki,

I have to completely agree with you. I'm a very big supporter of Ketron. I like their products and their keyboards fit my playing style better than any other brand. BUT!!! Ketron has not rolled out series style disks/library since the MS series. They did release a few style disks with the X1 & SD1, but nothing like what was done for the MS Series.

I know that anyone can create styles, but I don't have the time nor the creativity to mimic anything what ketron would put out as factory styles. So that would leave me for wanting more...... If ketron not going to release a new styles library, then you only have what on the audya. I don't remember every style on the audya but after six months, I would probably get somewhat bored and would want more options as far as styles. I'm in no rush to buy an audya until I see what ketron releases as a audya style library.

I have an SD5, which I love but they really didn't push any new styles besides what the keyboard came with and what was already released for the ms and x series. I would have liked to see new style library with the release of the Sd5, but now that the audya is out, anything for the SD series is now closed and we're left out in the cold.

I still have dozens of the styles from the x1 and ms that I want to revamp and use on my sd5 that should carry me for a good while so I can wait.

damn spelling errors, I'm sure I still have a few!!

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 09-29-2010).]

#294891 - 09/29/10 02:45 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Good to hear, TWD...

I only hope rampant piracy doesn't have the same effect on Ketron's desire to make paid styles as much as it has effected the rest of that industry...

You also have to bear in mind that Ketron DID say pretty much the same thing when the SD-1 came out. Didn't translate too well to a lot of new styles that time round...

Only time is going to tell.

#294892 - 09/29/10 04:01 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
"Ketron's past performance in bringing out loads of styles with live loop drums on them for the SD-1 was not very impressive"

Accually they did come out with additional styles. They did not market them as much but I am certain that the distributor has them. Here is the link. Select SD1plus. Select Styles and sounds and you will see 20 different categories. Each has 4 to 6 new styles and sounds.
http://www.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=22&lang=eng

Styles and sounds. I believe this is way more that Yamaha came out with for the T series.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 09-29-2010).]

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 09-29-2010).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online