SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#294326 - 09/24/10 07:25 AM Creating your own SA2 sounds
Bachus Offline

Here we go watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFYyYWZrYk

Its a Kontakt 4 plugin that allows you to create your own SA and SA2 sounds or even recreate the orriginal Yammaha sounds to use them with live-styler or lionstracs.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#294327 - 09/24/10 07:57 AM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
Dnj Offline

Very nice..........but a bit steep in the learning curve for the average player.
Do you think the people in the peter barrtman audience could figure this out?
http://www.ocala.com/article/20100915/ARTICLES/100919797/1402/NEWS?Title=Behold-the-7-000-keyboard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOhjGpAKuI&feature=player_embedded#!

#294328 - 09/24/10 09:00 AM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Very nice..........but a bit steep in the learning curve for the average player.
Do you think the people in the peter barrtman audience could figure this out?
http://www.ocala.com/article/20100915/ARTICLES/100919797/1402/NEWS?Title=Beh old-the-7-000-keyboard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOhjGpAKuI&feature=player_embedded#!

No mate....they will not figure this out, neither do they want to figure that out..

But people that choose Mediastation should be able to use this and achieve greatness with it.

So should certain people that want Audya styles combined with grade A vst solo sounds.. And make a setup of Audya/PC

But the average retired pensionada in the Tyros crowd will have no clue what this video was all about.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#294329 - 09/24/10 01:40 PM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I am amazed that all the people that are MOST impressed with the potential in open arrangers and keyboards, to the point of having bought them, would not try to make a fortune off of doing the very thing they say is SO possible...

Turn them into a great sounding arranger OOTB.

Here's a challenge to all the people that have been saying just how good an open arranger COULD sound (if only we were willing to do the work)... DO THE WORK YOURSELF!. And then SELL us the data to turn this blank canvas into the work of art a modern closed arranger is.

I mean, if it is SO easy, why not make a buck off of it? I want a complete, well balanced set of sounds, playing a complete, well balanced set of styles. AT LEAST as good as a T4 or PA2Xpro (or even a G70 would be nice! ). Now, how hard could THAT be? Seems I've been told for YEARS that it is doable. Surely ONE of you has managed it, by now?

Give us a shout when you are finished... I've got my checkbook ready

#294330 - 09/24/10 03:32 PM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I am amazed that all the people that are MOST impressed with the potential in open arrangers and keyboards, to the point of having bought them, would not try to make a fortune off of doing the very thing they say is SO possible...

Turn them into a great sounding arranger OOTB.

Here's a challenge to all the people that have been saying just how good an open arranger COULD sound (if only we were willing to do the work)... [b]DO THE WORK YOURSELF!
. And then SELL us the data to turn this blank canvas into the work of art a modern closed arranger is.

I mean, if it is SO easy, why not make a buck off of it? I want a complete, well balanced set of sounds, playing a complete, well balanced set of styles. AT LEAST as good as a T4 or PA2Xpro (or even a G70 would be nice! :p). Now, how hard could THAT be? Seems I've been told for YEARS that it is doable. Surely ONE of you has managed it, by now? :rolleyes:

Give us a shout when you are finished... laugh I've got my checkbook ready eek[/B]

WHY

If they had wanted to have features of a G70, T4, PA2x etc., then they would have bought one, however they don’t, and so they didn’t.

Remember not everybody wants the same as you.

Bill

#294331 - 09/24/10 04:23 PM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
That's the future...and it's here now...
I've got my check book ready too.

Some day....it WILL happen!
Like I have always said it's content that takes the skill & work.
Lee S.

#294332 - 09/24/10 04:58 PM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
That's the future...and it's here now...

I hope not.....diki is spot on above !

#294333 - 09/24/10 07:15 PM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
You wouldn't want an open arranger with great content OOTB. Then be able to add tons of sounds (Vsti's etc, styles, as you want or need them?
Incremental growth...buy a well built machine once every ...5-8 years and upgrade CONTENT as needed..

I think it could beat the 'H' out of all this expensive spoon feeding we get from the closed arranger MFG's.

Lee S.

#294334 - 09/24/10 07:38 PM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
A computer is an 'open' platform, able to be made better simply by software alone... but only up to a point. How many of us are using a ten or fifteen year old computer? Damn few, I'd say..!

The idea that an open keyboard future-proofs us is demonstrably false. New OS's, new power-hungry plug-ins, new I/O standards, all of those make us turn over our computers on a cycle probably not THAT different to the arranger cycle. And, an open keyboard being basically nothing more than a computer inside a keyboard case, why does anyone think it is less in need of replacement every few years? I would doubt, even though it MIGHT be feasible to do, that many of us are running a modern TOTL computer in a ten to fifteen year old case and peripherals, either.

Add to that that no keyboard company is going to stay in business making ONE model, that software alone keeps viable for YEARS. There are only so many of us, and new products and turnover is what will keep them in business. And you better PRAY that they stay in business, because, as OS's change, and newer plug-ins ONLY work on the latest OS's, somebody is going to have to work constantly to keep them up to date.

And sorry, abacus, but EVERYBODY wants something as good sounding OOTB as a T4, PA2Xpro or G70! THEN they can improve it from there. But when simply even getting to the point of the same quality (no-one's saying it needs to be IDENTICAL... it needs to be, as you keep saying it can be, AS GOOD) seems to be beyond the capability of even its' most ardent fans (you EVER going to play us some of what it is capable of? ), it simply seems the ONLY people that want one are those determined to do everything themselves. And that is a TINY, tiny fraction of the arranger market.

But, if you WANT something that sucks the day you get it, and will probably take a lifetime to sound better, well, you've made the perfect choice!

#294335 - 09/25/10 01:22 AM Re: Creating your own SA2 sounds
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Once again Diki you prove how out of touch you are with the real world.

To say something is rubbish because YOU don’t like it, just gives the impression that only YOUR opinion counts, and the rest of the world (Including those that have looked at the open concept) does not.

Sorry to say Diki, but only in YOUR World. (A term I thought I would not have needed to use again)

Bill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online