Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#294035 - 09/21/10 11:54 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
QED...

No way, Diki....even the Great Houdini wouldn't go there.

Ian

#294036 - 09/22/10 12:15 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
I am nomally a well-behaved "old fart" and try very hard to parade my senior tolerance of most things and rants BUT I am about to follow the route of our many normal subscribers , like Scott and others who have decided to use their time , not much of that left I fear where the air is sweeter.

#294037 - 09/22/10 01:37 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
to the genesys Offline

Well I think that Yamaha is showcasing those Scat Voices as a marketing tool.
In order to promote a new product, they have to show that something is actually new in the product. That is why the Scat Voices are featured because they are now including something in a Yamaha arranger that other arrangers had years before.
It would be interesting to see if future demos promote any new things on the T4.

------------------
I have shortened my ID to TTG

#294038 - 09/22/10 01:39 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:
I am nomally a well-behaved "old fart" and try very hard to parade my senior tolerance of most things and rants BUT I am about to follow the route of our many normal subscribers , like Scott and others who have decided to use their time , not much of that left I fear where the air is sweeter.

Ian and Diki, Diki and Ian, those lines were meant or you in case you didn't notice.

I was reading the thread from top to bottom and had a thought, "wait a minute, these two seem to have a decent conversation, what happened?" and after 2-3 posts, the usual **** comes back.

Anyway, to the point, I noticed that

1) Ian said people asked for scat voices
2) Diki has forked out a small fortune for them at an earlier time

When people have asked for something and they are willing to pay for it, isn't this a good enough reason for Yamaha to include them?

I think this is meant to be the "wow" factor of the keyboard, since if it only improved overall it would seem a smaller step forward. Now you have something to talk about, as was the case with the Irish pipes in earlier models. Most people said "I don't use them but damn those pipes sound awesome"

#294039 - 09/22/10 02:42 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yamaha is clearly looking after a different market/clientele, than you............

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-21-2010).]

"Target Marketing" not every musician is a target of this product.

Same reason Ben & Jerry's make over 50 flavors of ice cream and breweries as an industry brew hundreds varieties of beer. Don't like Miller Light not strong enough maybe there's a dark stout that'll have you falling down drunk after a few. Or maybe Gary's Kickapoo Joy Juice is more to your taste, don't like it, don't drink the "Kool Aid."

#294040 - 09/22/10 02:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
to the genesys Offline

Iana said: “Yamaha isn't looking for your business at all”.
What a silly and irresponsible thing for a representative of Yamaha to say.

Some one is interested in your product and are asking to implement things that could help increase your bottom line and you tell them to go to your competitor (who makes a similar product to you)?
Just imagine if I went to Roland and told them I want SA type technology in your arranger technology. And just imagine if a representative of Roland told me on a public forum No … we do not want your business and you should go to Yamaha.

No wonder people do not find Iana credible and just think he is one big joke.

------------------
I have shortened my ID to TTG

#294041 - 09/22/10 04:04 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Malika3625 Offline

Loc: UAE, Dubai.
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yamaha is clearly looking after a different market/clientele, than you, Diki.

The average Tyros buyer is retired, fairly well off, usually coming from an organ or accordion background, or perhaps played synths or combo organ in a band.

Yamaha isn't looking for your business at all.

You need to wait for something by Roland or Ketron...it might be a long wait...of course, you're prepared to wait...you're content with your two G-70's.

You really have no use for most of what's on a Tyros...do you do a lot of Ballroom, Country, Swing/Jazz for instance? Is a polished pop style, or ballad part of your repertoire?

Plus, you don't like a compressed or polished sound, which is the hallmark and a major selling feature of the Tyros (and PSR) instruments.

Yes, the drums on the T4 are vastly improved (from what I've been told), but the overall sound is still "Yamaha"...a sound you don't like very much.

You need 76 keys...Tyros has 61.

Focus on the brands that will give you the sound you are looking for or need, or more accurately, want...don't waste time berating a company who prides itself on it's refined and balanced sound, and who looks after clients far different than you.

All the rhetoric you can muster will not change the good ship Yamaha's course..it is already set, and the destination is, and always was, a profitable one...you're better off spending your time campaigning Roland to make something that would be more suitable for your needs/wants/purposes/style.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-21-2010).]

Well Hello everyone.
I would like to say few words and I also don't want because I know that there will be a lot of comments that I will never have time to read them and also there will be good comment medium comment and bad comment.
I am a pianist and a keyboard player and I have experience more than 15 years.
I tried all Brands I had Ketron, Korg, Roland, Kurzweil, Gem and Yamaha and beleive me after all what I got of experience and after years of hearing and performing I find Yamaha the best voices quality till now.
Styles need to be improved but Drumkits are Fantastic so no need to complain about styles if you can do them by yourself with such Great drumkits.
Those who are complaining about Scrat voices just don't use them and also don't Judge Tyros4 by viewing only 1 Demo or 2 but you have to listen and explore Tyros4 by yourselves and since I have one I know how much it has been improved from Tyros3 specialy Drumkits and Voices with SA2.
Finaly those who doesn't know the VH2 I will tell you it is not to be compared with any other vocal harmonizer specialy Roland G70 it is much better.
At the end all of us here are different from each other from Regions, cultyres, Styles.... each one of us is right by his point of view and wrong by others point of view, so do not blame me for what I wrote this was my point of view.
As I also see a lot of comments that doesn't make sense to me like:
Why should I sell my Tyros3 and get Tyros4?
So for those people I sy that they don'y know their Tyros3 yet and they have never seen a Tyros4 and just trying to be Smart because difference is in Details and it is HUGE.
Thank you all.
Check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTcNz00hLIc
and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQnnJ8EGRhg&feature=related

And here is what some prefered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHudN6POFbI&NR=1

and THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oq8oOR84IU

Listen for the difference in quality for GOD SAKE!!!!!!!!!!

See this also to the END you find a lot in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRERLQDlAUY&feature=related

[This message has been edited by Malika3625 (edited 09-22-2010).]

#294042 - 09/22/10 04:53 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Dnj Offline

"Finaly those who doesn't know the VH2 I will tell you it is not to be compared with any other vocal harmonizer specialy Roland G70 it is much better."

So the vocal harmonizer hasnt changed much from previous models on the T4?...thats sad ..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-22-2010).]

#294043 - 09/22/10 05:21 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Iana said: “Yamaha isn't looking for your business at all”.
What a silly and irresponsible thing for a representative of Yamaha to say.

What are you...the post fairy?

Nothing irresponsible or silly about telling the truth.

Quote:

Just imagine if I went to Roland and told them I want SA type technology in your arranger technology. And just imagine if a representative of Roland told me on a public forum No … we do not want your business and you should go to Yamaha.

Again, Genny, you,the "post fairy", flit about with wand in your delicate little hand and pass judgement.

If you went to Roland and told them you want SA type technology in your arranger technology, and if a representative of Roland told you on a public forum "No … we do not want your business and you should go to Yamaha. They already have SA voices."

We would applaud his honesty and good business ethics...we decent people appreciate candidness, and integrity...a lost sale because of being forthright to the customer is never really a lost sale. Why lie? It's obvious in my post that the client, in this case Diki, is not going to buy a Yamaha Tyros because of two reasons...

1. He does not like the "compressed" and highly detailed and smooth sound of Yamaha tone generators...he has admitted this many times on this and other forums.

2. The Tyros4 has 61 keys...Diki needs 76. There is no way I know of replacing the 61 keys with 76, and Yamaha confidently feels that 61 are enough for even advanced home players, the target market for the T4.

Diki is a pro.

Genny, Yamaha wants your business, but not at the expense of selling you a product that does not meet all, or most of, your needs...in other words, if Yamaha did not make trucks, they would not try to sell you a Yamaha car, when you really need a truck. If you were told by some sleazy, soon to be fired salesman, that their cars were able to be used like trucks, the first time you fill the car's trunk (or boot) with dirt and rocks, there may be a bit of a problem.

However, if you were directed to another manufacturer, because you were told "No, we do not make trucks, so go to this brand manufacturer who makes great trucks", would you feel good or bad about such a company?

Have they lost a customer? Maybe this time, but remember, decent people value honesty and integrity, and will buy from, or recommend, that manufacturer when they, or a friend, need a car...they will have established a bond of trust with that company based on being treated with veraciousness and truth.

One or two lost sales due to honest customer qualifying are far better than getting a few sales by duping the clients...a lot of indirect sales would be lost as well, and news of bad reputation not only travels fast, but very far as well, and is difficult to overcome.

Frankie and George Kaye have no problem redirecting clients to where they get the product suited best for their needs, if unable to get it, or stock it, themselves...it's good business policy. Ask them yourself.

Didn't your Mama ever tell you, "Honesty is the best policy"?

If she did, and you haven't followed her advice, you are a poor excuse for a "post fairy"...hand in your wings, Tinkerbell.

Ian

PS...And please tell us, poor mixed up "post fairy"...what part of "No" do you not yet understand?

#294044 - 09/22/10 05:27 AM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
"Finaly those who doesn't know the VH2 I will tell you it is not to be compared with any other vocal harmonizer specialy Roland G70 it is much better."

So the vocal harmonizer hasnt changed much from previous models on the T4?...thats sad ..

I believe he means that the VH-2 shouldn't be compared to other harmonizers, especially Roland's, if you really don't know about it (the VH-2), or haven't tried it.

Ian

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online