SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#293991 - 09/22/10 01:44 PM Re: Which company in YOUR opinoion (and why) has made the greatest LEAP forward?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Oh, by the way i've touched many Audyas and know the system to the Core.

#293992 - 09/22/10 03:31 PM Re: Which company in YOUR opinoion (and why) has made the greatest LEAP forward?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Well,
This is a tough one as each one has made some great strides in specific areas.

The open system ones have the most potential..but lack CONTENT...that's why the demos suck. Great function, little good content..because it cost lots of $$$.

OK, how about Wersi...To be able to play Yamaha styles WITHOUT conversion...I think that's pretty smart because of all the available content.

Lee S.

#293993 - 09/22/10 04:18 PM Re: Which company in YOUR opinoion (and why) has made the greatest LEAP forward?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
TTG, SA2 is quite a bit more than velocity and legato switching... It also includes rules for intervalic switching, and also physical switches too (not sure, but that might include footswitches, too).

In all fairness, that's about the same as many VSTi's with articulation control..

The reason why I chose SA over audio loops or Korg's DNC is that it is FAR more mature than those technologies currently are. Ketron need better technology to allow the audio loops to be more than the incomplete system they are now, and Korg have yet to leverage the DNC capabilities with sounds and samples designed for it. Technological capability is only as good as its' implementation, and the IDEA of Ketron's audio loops is fabulous, but its' implementation leaves a LOT to be desired, so far...

#293994 - 09/23/10 10:34 AM Re: Which company in YOUR opinoion (and why) has made the greatest LEAP forward?
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
I can't say for sure but I will say that when I had my Tyros and played out at a gig not many people ask if it was me or memorex. Now that I have the Audya 5 people can't wait to take a close up of it and hear some more, so Ketron must have something that grabs up the attention that other arrangers don't. So all you Korg, Yamaha and Roland guys admit it, Audya blows all the others right out of the park, IMHO of course. My brother has an old psr-550 and through my sound system sounds the same as the Tyros I had, so whats up with that? in fact the tyros 3 still uses many of the same old styles as that old psr-550 so Yamaha has made very little progress if any at all.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#293995 - 09/23/10 11:55 AM Re: Which company in YOUR opinoion (and why) has made the greatest LEAP forward?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
I think its the opposite, Audio loops are nothing new, uses 1993 technology and its
user interface and controlls completely suck. I want someone to REALLY tell me whats new on the Audya.

You win. Enjoy what you have.
DonM

#293996 - 09/23/10 09:31 PM Re: Which company in YOUR opinoion (and why) has made the greatest LEAP forward?
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
EVEN IF AUDYA DIDN'T USE LOOPS IT STILL SOUNDS BETTER THAN THE REST OF THE PLASTIC TOYS OUT THERE.I HAD A TYROS AND AFTER ABOUT A MONTH I DIDN'T EVEN CARE IF I PLAYED IT ANYMORE. THE STYLES AND SOUNDS ARE A BORE. I CAN'T SEE WHY ANYONE THAT HAD A TYROS AND SOLD IT WOULD WANT TO BUY ANOTHER ONE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF A COUPLE NEW SOUNDS AND STYLES HOPING THEY ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN WHAT THEY ALREADY HAVE JUST TO BE DISSAPPOINTED AGAIN AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT MODEL.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#293997 - 09/23/10 09:37 PM Re: Which company in YOUR opinoion (and why) has made the greatest LEAP forward?
zuki Offline

Not because I have one, but I think the PA800 series from the PA80 is quite a jump:

1. Superb Songbook
2. TC Helicon
3. Improved sounds
4. Vastly improved OS

I wanted so bad to take the PA80 live, but the OS was silly and impossible for live play, so I stuck with Yammy.

When the 800 arrived, it was like an entirely new product (IMO) and a live player's dream.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online