SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29378 - 04/05/03 07:17 AM Dan01 or AJ
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
Dan, the reverb lock didn't work. Not for the problem I mentioned anyway. The only thing that I can do is not use it at ALL. I have it switched to "dry" on the online effects screen. What IS that "reverb lock" for exactly in the arranger mode??

More importantly, how in blue blazes do I get this idiot vocalizer to turn off with ONE touch of a button. Not two, not three, but ONE. Depending on where I am , the #^$& thing does this to me. It's really pissing me off.

If I turn it on, and don't stay on the page showing "vocal01", "vocal02" etc. etc, then whenever I press it to go off, it goes to that page and stays on. So I have to press it AGAIN. Sometimes, I'm not sure why, I have to do it THREE times. This is highly annoying and screws me up while I 'm playing live as it takes away my attention from singing AND playing.

I ASSUMED that it had to do with the HOLD function in harmony mode since the problem seemed to stop after I switched it to "on". (Which according to the new OS is supposed to stay that way when saved. It does NOT.)

But it worked for awhile, and then at one point started doing it again. Now why in God's name would it SOMETIMES do this and sometimes not???? Do you have any idea how frustrating that is when your keyboard won't even screw up consistently? :-) Arrrggghh.

#29379 - 04/05/03 11:22 AM Re: Dan01 or AJ
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by justforfun000:

Dan, the reverb lock didn't work. Not for the problem I mentioned anyway. The only thing that I can do is not use it at ALL. I have it switched to "dry" on the online effects screen. What IS that "reverb lock" for exactly in the arranger mode??

Do you have any idea how frustrating that is when your keyboard won't even screw up consistently? :-) Arrrggghh.

Well the reverb lock was worth a look at . The reverb lock feature is located in a strange place .

In regard's to your frustration's , the internet can only go so far as to helping someone out .
Perhaps's if I was with you in Canada , it would be easier .

Have your dealer look into this situation with your keyboard .
Have they loaned you a different SD1 to test ?

Dano

#29380 - 04/05/03 11:54 PM Re: Dan01 or AJ
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
No they haven't. The problem is that I bought it in Montreal which is a good 5 hours away from me. The only person in Canada that apparently understands the board in any depth, is no longer working there.

Geez. Even when I was there in person a month ago, I was trying to show the person there some of the problems and he's asking me if I'm doing this or doing that, and even I knew from my limited learning that those solutions either wouldn't fix the problem or even be related.

Example: Showing them how the pitch bend function doesn't work properly in vocalizer. he looks at the midi file and asks if I have tried it in "unison" mode or one of the others modes instead. It's like HELLO, dumbass, it's a midi file with tracks already set specifically for the vocalizer. And you're supposed to be helping me???

So my support structure up here is terrible. That's why I appreciate this forum so much, Thanks all.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online