SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#293627 - 09/17/10 05:36 PM Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
Dnj Offline

After hearing the 50 demos of the T4....
how do you think they compare to your Audya 76/61 in sounds, styles, features so far?... this is really both ends of the spectrum but in a very Good way fro arranger Kb players.... I hope to hear some interesting debates?...

#293628 - 09/17/10 07:19 PM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Well for starters I'm not an Audya owner, but I own a ketron. I heard all 50 demos and its a nice board, great sounds but I would get very bored with it just like the other yamaha I owned. The right hand sounds are great but the styles are still to cd like, not like the live band sound that the ketrons have. I'm sure anything that is on the T4 could have might as well been on the T3, so why spend $3500-$4000 all over again. Yamaha makes great boards but not for me and the style of music I play. There great for american ballads, club/dance etc. but Latin is a no-go. I hope their latin section is better, but knowing them they just re-packaged it again.

Well I'll pass on this one, good luck to those who buy one.

#293629 - 09/17/10 07:41 PM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Well for starters I'm not an Audya owner, but I own a ketron. I heard all 50 demos and its a nice board, great sounds but I would get very bored with it just like the other yamaha I owned. The right hand sounds are great but the styles are still to cd like, not like the live band sound that the ketrons have. I'm sure anything that is on the T4 could have might as well been on the T3, so why spend $3500-$4000 all over again. Yamaha makes great boards but not for me and the style of music I play. There great for american ballads, club/dance etc. but Latin is a no-go. I hope their latin section is better, but knowing them they just re-packaged it again.

Well I'll pass on this one, good luck to those who buy one.

What ketron unit are your playing...?
I also wished there were more demos of the Latin styles among the 50 shown?...
it seemed so overpowered by styles with vocal chorus, scat, doo bee doos, etc, etc, ...maybe Yamaha should buy out Ketron and incorporated the best of both..

#293630 - 09/17/10 09:57 PM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
leezone Offline

Ok

Honestly It has great RH sounds
But that's it
Something about the overall sound that turns me off
It lacks the punch
It lacks that in your face sound
It lacks that live band , real band sound
It sounds too fake. Sounds like a grand orchestra Like a 20 piece band.
Come on. Who are you trying to kid?
Ye great skat voices. And strings.
But I need some good Usable styles.
This T4 sounds Like a CD
Sounds thin
It's hard to explain
But play an Audya and you'll know what I'm talking about
Play an Audya and you'll get that
Damn this is one great drummer bass and guitar player
Play the yamaha. And you'll say wow
T
I sound like a wanna be 40 piece orchestrA

Something about the audya that's sounds REAL
Play it and you'll know what I'm talking about ...

#293631 - 09/17/10 11:04 PM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Ok

But that's it
It lacks the punch
This T4 sounds Like a CD
Sounds thin
It's hard to explain
T

I pretty much agree with your observation...and explaining it to folks that love the Yamaha sound is impossible...but most other folks know exactly what you mean..

#293632 - 09/18/10 01:12 AM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Ok guys,who care in your audience if you play with live drumer or gutarist?Simple answer is :nobady.
Ketron live sound is just for your feeling and that is right.Nobady complain about Ketron or Yamaha sound but Ketron users complain about haw that Audya behawe and works.
Yamaha haw no problems with OS and customer suport and that is the point!That is more like live drumer...who nobady hear!
And one more thing:what the hell you are listening on yours Radio stations eweryday?I thing,you listening CDs again and again....

[This message has been edited by Dusan (edited 09-18-2010).]

#293633 - 09/18/10 04:10 AM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Ok

But that's it
It lacks the punch
This T4 sounds Like a CD
Sounds thin
It's hard to explain
T

That's what pretty much what I was trying to say. Not every style has to sound like a 20 piece orchestra. What I like so much about a ketron a lot of there styles mimic what a 4-5 piece band would sound like not carnegie hall. I think a t4 for right hand sounds and Audya for styles and you have one hell of a combination. But te T4 alone does not cut it. I would have sold it in a short time to replace it with a Ketron.

#293634 - 09/18/10 05:04 AM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
Dnj Offline

So LIVE band sound allegedly..vs..
CD Quality orchestra Sound......but the bottom line no matter how you twist it
IT'S STILL AN ARRANGER KB ...both sound great....both enthrall an audience.....both make people buy them, & enjoy playing them so in essence there is NO Right or Wrong answer .....only separate opinions that will NEVER change!.......then to throw a wrench into the fray you have the Roland G70 affectionatos who love a 10 year old unit that in their eyes blows both out of the water?....weird eh?.....what does it all mean?.....nobody will ever know.....
at lest the TYROS has 61 keys.. For the "everyday" gigging musician Yamaha wins hands down all around.

This song says it all....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUSrtw6gJs&feature=related

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-18-2010).]

#293635 - 09/18/10 05:28 AM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I like the T4 and who knows, I might buy one. But it ain't no Audya. As I listened to the T4 demo's, I thought, geez those drums sound terrible, WHY can't they make them more real? And the Audya's bass lines are just incredibly real. For gigging, Audya wins.

Then again, I have not played a T4. Which matters.

#293636 - 09/18/10 07:09 AM Re: Audya owners what are your Impressions of the New Tyros 4 ?...
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
I Like It! I've listened to several of the demo's/styles.

I love my Audya, but what I've heard so far I have to give Yamaha credit.

Here comes another great arranger!

Jim

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online