SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#293485 - 09/17/10 02:15 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I know there are those that like Yamaha's CD-like, processed sound, and some that hate it. Those that like it should be in sonic heaven, as this sound has now been taken to the ultimate end.

True, Chas, it is by far the best Yamaha has made.

I've always liked Yamaha's sound, beginning with the big old Electones, and their DX-synths, and now, in more recent years, the Tyros and PSR.

They are slicker than frog hair, especially this last one.

I may be retiring in full next year, so this would make a great parting gift (from me to me).

Of course, I'm rather broad-minded when it comes to keyboards so I like other sounds as well...Roland, the early Korgs, and of course Hammond...I nearly bought an XK3c pro system, but the Tyros4 will be more versatile, and I can't afford both.

Ian

#293486 - 09/17/10 02:16 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
DannyUK Offline

Hi all,

Well, certainly a beautiful sounding keyboard no doubt about it, very many people will be happy with it.

As for me though - a very satisfied T3 owner - I will be more than happy keeping the T3 as I see absolutely no mad panic to upgrade especially since most of the things that has been improved on the T4 wasn't what I wanted improved for me to justify upgrading which is a shame!

Still, I am really looking forward to reading the reviews here!

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293487 - 09/17/10 02:16 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
Guys-WOW! Yep....sounds terrific!!! I knew there was a reason I skipped T3. Might not be able to fight off this one! Love the sounds!

Randy

Randy can't wait to hear your songs which I love on the T4 !! At least your one of the few that don't BS & share your music & rightly so.. thanx

#293488 - 09/17/10 02:20 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
Hi all,

Well, certainly a beautiful sounding keyboard no doubt about it, very many people will be happy with it.

As for me though - a very satisfied T3 owner - I will be more than happy keeping the T3 as I see absolutely no mad panic to upgrade especially since most of the things that has been improved on the T4 wasn't what I wanted improved for me to justify upgrading which is a shame!

Still, I am really looking forward to reading the reviews

Danny....Those demos don't even scratch the surface of what's NEW inside the T4......Im just happy something finally has taken our minds off the Audya hoopla the past few weeks

#293489 - 09/17/10 02:30 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
leezone Offline

i gotta give it to Yamaha for making the BEST demos

but i'm still glad i got the AUDYA4,

the T4 would not fit in for my type of music
and i'm loving my drummer

#293490 - 09/17/10 02:31 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
DannyUK Offline

Yeah I hear ya Dnj, but my problem is Yamaha have improved things that I felt were fantastic anyway and haven't really done much on the things that I felt probably needed improving. Maybe it's me but I still sense from hearing the demo's that the Dance music on this thing won't be any different to what's on the T3 - an area that no arranger has really done well in to be fair so it isn't just Yamaha.

The R&B / Hip Hop stuff in the demo's are about 5 years out of date as is the Funky House stuff on the T3.

There is so much said about the drums. My take on this though I think Yamaha's drums are excellent except for when it comes to Dance music, they sound toy-ish, as does the Korg's & the Audya for that matter. Is Dance music THAT hard to replicate?

I guess I've always dreamed of a keyboard that was exceptional all the way round as I like to play all kinds of music genres. I can make my T3 sound authentic most of the time - but when it comes to Dance music you can still hear it doesn't sound authentic enough. Same with the T4 thus far, that Hip Hop demo was a sub standard "50 Cent" wannabe...

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293491 - 09/17/10 02:39 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
...I nearly bought an XK3c pro system, but the Tyros4 will be more versatile, and I can't afford both.

Ian

But those who purchased an XK3c won't be sitting around lusting after the 'next great thing' and will probably never even think about upgrading. The only way I'd upgrade my C1 is if they added drawbars (also wish they had made the pedal unit lighter and cheaper (and available ).

chas

#293492 - 09/17/10 02:40 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
DannyUK Offline

I will say though, the ChillPerformer style is probably the best style I've ever heard, certainly in the Cafe Del Mar league now.

#293493 - 09/17/10 02:53 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
They should have changed the name from Tyros to Yamaha Scat Doo Bloddy Bah! Why on earth have they chosen to highlight these awful sounds in most of the styles? Horrible!
As expected, nothing ground breaking has happened.

#293494 - 09/17/10 03:00 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
leezone Offline

i do think Yamaha has EXCELLENT RH sounds, at least on this T4...
so give em credit there...

now back to my beloved A4

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online