SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#293535 - 09/20/10 01:27 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
mr9000 Offline

It is NOT a hard concept with todays available technology to completely blow the doors off every last releasement with todays access to microchips/programmers. All these companies are STILL living like it's the late 90's with their thinking styled bell bottomed turned upside up caps. Putting in blue led's(ya,yamaha was really listening there..i mean,whom requested this blue stuff?,that alone drove up the price for a causeless cause),some new human voiced scat samples,just more than a few mind you,should be appraoching 100 for all the rukus these out of date scats get imo. I
would love to have a camera follow those in yamaha's R&D sector for a month and watch all the goofing off at ian's wallets expense..
Moral, i thought technology was to double every 700days or so. This is in actual put at about 10% newness every releasement. IF $4000 is acceptable work output for ya'll's..well..WHAT recession then! Please donate to a needy nigerian

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-20-2010).]

#293536 - 09/20/10 01:51 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Putting in blue led's(ya,yamaha was really listening there..i mean,whom requested this blue stuff?,

The blue led were added for the benefit of the color-blind.

What arranger are you using presently?

Your posts seem to indicate that you are a Roland user.

Ian

#293537 - 09/21/10 12:54 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
[B] The blue led were added for the benefit of the color-blind.

What arranger are you using presently?
Your posts seem to indicate that you are a Roland user.
[/B

The color blind?wow..what's next a keyboard for the limbless..who was the probable SINGLE dude who couldn't see the pretty green/red LED's. The blue led's should of been an option one could voluntarily pay for! As the thousands as i that have NO such issues with such blindeness are NOW forced to doll out probably $500 for this arbitrary forced upon feature.

No, i am not a Rolander, presently(and at this going rate,starting to look permanant) i cannot justify moving on from my PSR9000 at these outrageous current prices,
To me nothing beats that professional Black/Grey color with rubber buttons. I think rubber buttons last longer because they absorb the initial shock IF accidently hit to hard,plus sweaty finger don't bounce off like the 'improved' plastic buttons. I'll always prefer Yamaha over all else,but i find the pace their traveling at to be a real test of virtuous patience. I just know their purposfully holding back on me in the R&D areana. Call it telepathy,but they probably have it already planned out what's in store when the Tyros9 is to be released.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-21-2010).]

#293538 - 09/21/10 01:29 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
wow..what's next a keyboard for the limbless..

Limbless? Do you mean those who can only play by ear?

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-21-2010).]

#293539 - 09/21/10 01:41 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The blue led were added for the benefit of the color-blind.

And the additional 15 notes were taken away for the benefit of the deaf

#293540 - 09/21/10 01:43 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
There you go Mr9000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJ-NeXRcEk
It starts at about 2min 15sec

#293541 - 09/21/10 01:48 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And the additional 15 notes were taken away for the benefit of the deaf

You can't remove what has never been there...

Ian

#293542 - 09/21/10 01:49 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Dnj Online   content

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
There you go Mr9000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJ-NeXRcEk
It starts at about 2min 15sec

BRAVO!!!

#293543 - 09/21/10 02:01 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
I will probably see him the first week of Oct. I am taking some lessons from one of their keyboard guys...and I always go early.

Last spring I was over there and asked if he was in..he was...he came out and took me through the entire PC3, spent 2 hours with me...very nice.
BUT now the PC3K can load previous Kurz K series samples and programs...so they raised the bar. If they annouc a rack version..I willl sell my K2600X and get one to use with arranger play. Th new PC3 strings are to die for...very expressive.

When it come to Kurzweil he is GOD!
He was gone from Sweetwater for a few years...then he returned last year.

I'm sure your K2500 has KDFX etc?

Lee S.

#293544 - 09/21/10 02:09 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
I think rubber buttons last longer because they absorb the initial shock IF accidently hit to hard,plus sweaty finger don't bounce off like the 'improved' plastic buttons. I just know their purposfully holding back on me in the R&D areana. Call it telepathy,but they probably have it already planned out what's in store when the Tyros9 is to be released.

I love the rubber buttons on my S910 (and my earlier S900), they are nice and "grippy", and have never given me any problems, despite a lot of usage.

I would say plans on the Tyros5 are already in the early stages...the R&D departments are always busy.

I'll be interested in your views of the Tyros4 after you've played it, and explored it's great new features...I'm really looking forward to trying one out.

Those who have heard it and played it were very, very impressed.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-21-2010).]

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online