SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#293475 - 09/17/10 01:11 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Dnj Offline

last thing I would ever use is scat voices, no bneed for them at all... abosolutley for me a non issue as is the
76 key thing....

next

#293476 - 09/17/10 01:12 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
They were even more incredible well over ten years ago, on my Kurzweil:

These are very, very nice Diki...what are the styles like?

Ian

#293477 - 09/17/10 01:20 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny...So you don't even care about one of the BIG deals on te T4...scat, & vocals??

Diki..+1 My K2600X has the take six installed..superb.

Ian, The Kurzweil is NOT an arranger at all.
Workstation only...no styles. PRO all the way. Probably still the best sounds on the planet from a KBD.
Lee S.

#293478 - 09/17/10 01:34 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

Ian, The Kurzweil is NOT an arranger at all.
Workstation only...no styles.

Yep, they were mighty fine scat voices...all you have to do is take your Kurzweil along and put on or under your main arranger.

The Kurz has some nice strings and pianos too.

Ian

#293479 - 09/17/10 01:38 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
last thing I would ever use is scat voices, no bneed for them at all... abosolutley for me a non issue as is the
76 key thing....

next

The Roland Scat is velocity switched..so you need to learn how to play them...you need a dynamic touch on a great key bed to use them...not your wide open style you like...Even touch sensitive is not needed in your style...
Same with piano sounds...and why we need sustain pedals...

I know you like full throttle brass sounds...that is fine with arranger background...but when we turn off the auto stuff..."touch comes into play"..especially piano and yes Scats too....

And for this style of playing..76 keys are a must too..

#293480 - 09/17/10 01:43 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
The Roland Scat is velocity switched..so you need to learn how to play them...you need a dynamic touch on a great key bed to use them...not your wide open style you like...Even touch sensitive is not needed in your style...
Same with piano sounds...and why we need sustain pedals...

I know you like full throttle brass sounds...that is fine with arranger background...but when we turn off the auto stuff..."touch comes into play"..especially piano and yes Scats too....

And for this style of playing..76 keys are a must too..

We all have our styles of play and choices of gear..bottom line lets hear what anyone has to offer musically...... all the BS talk also means squat to me.....music is to be heard not bullshitted constantly. Take what ever is anyone's gear record a piece of music/vocal etc, and show it off.......
then we can talk about it shall we ?......
Scats, Pedals, 76 keys all useless to me...... who cares?...that's the way I play...you people do it different so what? doesnt make it right especially if you cant hear what your talking about?...But the minute I ask for an example to explain everyone shuts up ....weird eh?....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293481 - 09/17/10 01:48 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Great compared to previous models (sounds)..but absolutely no better than I can find on my "old piggy" G70..

I'm glad to hear you are content with that wonderful G-70, Fran...it was an awesome keyboard in it's day, so it makes sense to keep it.

Besides, having that R o land tattoo on your bum removed would be a pain in the...well, you know.

And some day, that G-70 is going to be worth hundreds of dollars.

Ian

#293482 - 09/17/10 02:02 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'm glad to hear you are content with that wonderful G-70, Fran...it was an awesome keyboard in it's day, so it makes sense to keep it.

Besides, having that [b]R o land
tattoo on your bum removed would be a pain in the...well, you know.

And some day, that G-70 is going to be worth hundreds of dollars.

Ian[/B]

It's worth hundreds now..about $1,900..

#293483 - 09/17/10 02:02 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Don't want to sound too critical but I'm sorta' like Fran, I frankly don't see what all the excitement is about (especially at five grand). These are my honest-to-god unbiased observations.

Although the demos sound ok (like something from the bargain bin in the record store), I have yet to hear a end-user presentation that anyone would recognize as coming from the same instrument. In other words, if your stuff didn't sound great on the Tyros, Tyros II, or Tyros III, it ain't gonna sound great on the Tyros IV either. Even on these professional demos, it sounds like absolutely no humans were involved. I know it sounds like I'm trashing Yamaha, and in a way, I guess I am, but this is the most un-organic (non-organic???) music I think I've ever heard. To me, it sounds like music composed by, performed by, and produced (mixed and mastered) by, a computer from a 'B' space movie.

I know there are those that like Yamaha's CD-like, processed sound, and some that hate it. Those that like it should be in sonic heaven, as this sound has now been taken to the ultimate end. Those that hate it may be heading for a Yamaha distribution center in a truck loaded with fertilizer.

Like I said, I'm not biased, but for goodness sake, save yourselves some money; buy a CD player and start heading for that bargain bin (look under 'imports').

chas

#293484 - 09/17/10 02:12 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Guys-WOW! Yep....sounds terrific!!! I knew there was a reason I skipped T3. Might not be able to fight off this one! Love the sounds!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online