SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#293515 - 09/19/10 08:06 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Beakybird Offline

It does look like the demos are overly laden with vocal styles - which do sound fantastic, but it would be nice to hear some other non-vocal styles.

Without scouring every style on the Data List http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/port/tyros4_en_dl_a0.pdf, I would bet that the T4 has almost all of the styles on the T3, revoiced of course, plus a little over 50 new styles, many of which are vocal based.

Then there are all of the Premium styles available over the internet and probably more coming, so I don't think T4 players will ever be at a loss for styles.

As someone who's not likely to buy a new keyboard until the successor to the S910 comes out, it makes me sad that I will have to wait a year or two for a keyboard that has all of the T3 sounds - and another two to three years for a keyboard that has all of the T4 sounds. So for us in the mid-level keyboard bracket, it's going to be three to five years before we get these new voices. That's too long!

Beakybird

#293516 - 09/19/10 08:30 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Bashing much?.

Not any more than anyone else, including YOU, who comes across as bitter and/or resentful of some past issue with Yamaha (hence your username).

Most people actually play an instrument and hear how it sounds, and feel how it responds before making a decision to buy it...plus, of course, it must meet their needs.

Seems like a good plan, to me, but we all have our own methods.

Use whatever works for you, and get the help you need...and, again, if Yamaha products don't quite do it enough for you, don't buy them...there are many other choices.

Ian

#293517 - 09/19/10 08:32 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I would bet that the T4 has almost all of the styles on the T3, revoiced of course, plus a little over 50 new styles, many of which are vocal based.
Beakybird

Or put another way,everyone who purchases these latest tyros's are getting about $300-500 for all the new features. The remaining $3000+ remains a mystery of new blue lcd's
and nice new plastic,something every player requested.

#293518 - 09/19/10 08:37 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
YOU come across as bitter and/or resentful of some past issue with Yamaha (hence your username).
Ian

Simply for one sole reason, these $thousands of dollars for these painfully mild upgrades are absurd.Yam could easily just go into the business of OS's instead of all that usless new plastic wrapped up in fancy notso new sheep's clothing with it's rather greed based wolf hungry prices.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-19-2010).]

#293519 - 09/19/10 08:49 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Or put another way,everyone who purchases these latest tyros's are getting about $300-500 for all the new features. The remaining $3000+ remains a mystery of new blue lcd's
and nice new plastic,something every player requested.

Don't like it...don't buy it.

Why waste your time moaning about something you don't want...spend it looking for something that suits your needs.

Of course, it's your time to do with what you want.

I think the Tyros4 sounds awesome, as do many others...using the same cabinet and restricting appearance changes to blue lights (changed to make it easier for color blind people) has kept the price basically the same as the Tyros3.

My S910 looks exactly like an S900, but it sounds far superior to my ears.

Play a Tyros4 and then make a decision...or get someone like Diki to play it for you, and then let him make your decision for you as well.

Ian

#293520 - 09/19/10 09:10 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
zuki Offline

It's amazing how the bashing continues. Yamaha is listening and incorporated a few major things:

1. vocal harmonizer
2. scat / human voices
3. tuned drums option
4. more styles - more articulation

At the very least it is one company that moves forward, very quickly. Lord only knows what the unveil next and it may be too late for the competition to catch up.

As for pricing - do you expect a company to digress in MAP?

I haven't owned Y since the 910 days, but the major things missing for me (for live play) have been addressed ONLY in the T4.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#293521 - 09/19/10 09:23 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
It's amazing how the bashing continues. Yamaha is listening and incorporated a few major things:

1. vocal harmonizer
2. scat / human voices
3. tuned drums option

At the very least it is one company that moves forward, very quickly. Lord only knows what the unveil next and it may be too late for the competition to catch up.

I haven't owned Y since the 910 days, but the major things missing for me (for live play) have been addressed ONLY in the T4.

ZUKI I might be just using my Crystal ball But...when are you selling your PA800?...you know your gonna get a Tyros4

#293522 - 09/19/10 10:43 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:

1. vocal harmonizer
2. scat / human voices
3. tuned drums option

Zuki great points and ditto to your comments.

I don't get it, the bashing, that is. Maybe I'm just a naive SOB who lives in the smallest state in the union, who doesn't know any better. Yea, I'm a part time musician who can't hold a candle to many of the talented people here who make a living playing music.

I don't see the point of bashing any arranger, I've had every major brand in the last 4 years with the exception of Ketron. If it's not for me I sell it but I don't find a need to say it sucks or it's junk or it's priced too high or or too low or because the manufacturer is trying to steal my money by incrementally upgrading every 2 years or whatever their time line is.

To quote Ian "Don't like it...don't buy it."

You gotta admit SZ does come alive when it comes to comparing brands and the mine is better than yours syndrome.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-19-2010).]

#293523 - 09/19/10 11:08 AM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
You gotta admit SZ does come alive when it comes to comparing brands and the mine is better than yours syndrome.

Especially when thers no BACKUP provided to prove the point made.....it's all BS

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-19-2010).]

#293524 - 09/19/10 01:25 PM Re: TYROS 4 DOESN'T DISSAPOINT !! WOW !...WOW.!.. WOWEEEEEE !!!! WOW! !!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Stephenm52,
Well said...I agree.

My trouble is I know how well any of the arrangers could sound and work..and none of the MFG's get it done.

If, when I was buying home organs...they did this..Ha...we would have said pound sand!

One thing to remmber though, and for those never into it at all....these things are CHEAP!

The last Yamaha organ I bought was list $12,000.00, Sreet price $8,500.00.
That was in 1987! Wat would it be in todays $$?? Lots more.

It was a beautiful instrument and if there were any bugs...I didn't find them.
So, if you look at it that way...all arranges are cheap today.
BUT, we didn't buy new ones every 2 years either....well maybe trade up to better model (they actualy took trades then!)
Lee S.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online