SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#293322 - 09/20/10 07:05 PM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Again, Genny, it is your perception that is circular.

Please don't put so much importance on what I say...I certainly don't put any on what you say.

If you aren't satisfied with, or do not understand, Yamaha's definitions...don't use them...use whatever suits you, and whatever you can understand.

Ian

LOL is the only reaction to your postings that is fitting. I will leave Diki to try and help you in making sense when you say something.

------------------
I have shortened my ID to TTG

#293323 - 09/20/10 08:00 PM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
I will leave Diki to try and help you in making sense when you say something.

Genny, the little damsel in distress...

It's so generous of you to leave something with Diki (without permission, I might add) that you cannot do yourself.

Ian

#293324 - 09/20/10 09:18 PM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I finally reached my "easy-to-talk-to" contact person at Casio. He advised me the new Privias will be out in a few weeks and the release date for the WK7500 is the 2nd week in October.

He also said to post his phone # if anyone else has questions about Casio products.

Casio: Gus (direct #) 973-361-5400 x4265

Lucky

#293325 - 09/27/10 01:30 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
Knotawurri Offline

Posting to Synth Zone re Casio 7500

This is my first time on this forum and I must say the politeness, respect and information on this forum is absolutely first rate. It is pleasure to read the comments.

As an Yamaha Electone owner/operator I wish to upgrade an go back to a single "piano" keyboard which I have always missed. I had settled on Casio WK 500 (A$699) till I played the Yamaha NP V80 (A$799) which had impressive quality of sound. Then I surfed the net for an equivalent priced Casio when I came across the 7500.

I emailed the Australian Distributors on when and how much and they replied exactly "The ETA for the WK7500 are end of November, suggested RRP A$727.23 Incl".

This makes it look like a WK 500 supercede. The WK 7500 does not appear to a have numbers sub keys as does the WK 500. I wonder how they will get up the various songs.

You can make your currency adjustments.

Question: How will 76 keys affect me over 88 keys? Will I regret not going the extra dollars to buy 88 over 76? I can get a new Casio 8000 (last new one in existence I think)but that is at least 5 years old technology and a discontinued model at that.

As you can see by my posting I play for personal pleasure only, therefore I am my only critic and I am'an old fart to boot'. LOL.

Thanks again for all your very interesting contributions thus far. They make for great reading and a great source for very helpful information.

Knotawurri

#293326 - 10/04/10 08:38 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
elwoodblues1969 Offline

Lucky2Bhere,

For the last 2 weeks,I have called Gus several times-everyday,leaving messages on his answering machine and this f*cking c*cks*cker has NEVER returned my phone calls.

I spoke to two different customer service agents today-one of which,had spoken directly to the sales directer AND Gus and she told me that the WK-7500 will not be available in the U.S. until SPRING OF NEXT YEAR.
What's worse,is that Bonner's Music in the UK,is selling the WK-7500 for 999.99(according to the Google result);

Casio. WK7500 Keyboard. £999.99. Add to Basket. Call now for prices ... Close Up Images. Casio WK7500 Keyboard at Bonners Music ...

If this is true,then the WK-7500 will be going for $1400 in the U.S...what a f*cking joke.
No Casio user on the planet,is going to shell out $1400 for a Casio,when they realize they can buy a professional keyboard for the same,or even less money.

This company is a Goddamn joke,as the customer service team are nothing but a horde of bleeding imbeciles,because if they don't have an answer for you,then they'll make one up.
The WK-7500 will be an absolute piece of sh*t at $1400,for what it offers....hell,I could save up for a Yamaha Motif XF6 easily,before the WK-7500's release date.

Casio's musical instrument end of the company is going to disappear,with this kind of bullsh*t going on and I am going to be very pleased to see these motherf*ckers fall.

Casio should just stick to what they know and just make watches and calculators.

-Elwood

#293327 - 10/04/10 10:01 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Elwood.., if you go back over the posts you'll see that I stated it wouldn't surprise me to see the 7500 (possibly) hit the $1,000 mark.

Keep in mind (if) it does this won't be the first time Casio released a Semi Pro arranger that sold for a grand or more. The MZ-2000 was ranging from $1,100 to just over $1,300. At that time the public wasn't ready to see a Casio keyboard with that tag either. It was surely a hit and miss with that unit for Casio. Plus it was a rather risky gamble for them too.

Lets set aside the price of $1,000+ for a minute and put the feature list into perspective.

The 7500 has 76 keys

Poly is 64 notes (although it's less than 128) it's not the typical 48/32 you find on a Casio.

The design has COMPLETELY changed on this unit, and Casio has made this new line WAY more professional looking. Gone are the cheesy painted text up top the unit with tone/style numbers ect. Those are all in categories now and Casio is using the data dial again. The design looks very sleek, modern, and it clearly looks like a semi pro arranger now.

The drawbar section of the MZ-2000 has been brought back (with the re-introduction of the sliders too). The MZ had an amazing drawbar section by the way.

The unit has a full 16 trk sequencer with indepth song editing options.

The unit will record USER styles

Basic tone editing has been brought back (a feature they removed from some current models).

FREAKIN AUDIO RECORDING HAS BEEN ADDED! This is CASIO we're talking about here that has AUDIO recording, and can use 32gb cards.

Overall the 7500 is a major improvement for the Casio line. This new model is SO close to what the MZ-2000 was.

To be honest.., I'd be very surprised if we see them go for $1,400 in the USA. I suspect the price would range from $799-$999. Plus there's a 61 key version too. I wouldn't be shocked to see the price on that unit be over $600.

Why fault Casio for putting out a semi pro arranger in this price range? The did it before.., why can't they do it again.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-04-2010).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#293328 - 10/04/10 10:18 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
NO, NO, NO...it can't be 76 keys BECAUSE YAMAHA SAYS THAT IS NOT REQUIRED AND WON'T SELL!

Who would want one?

Lee S.
Anyone who really believes bigger is always better and that would be considered terrible players by all those Assisted Living and Moose lodge folks without an extra 15 keys.....Now if it were 76 WEIGHTED.......

Black or Silver Duct tape sales will be going up.....

My 110 lb 47 year old wife who has played in theaters and has been making her sole living for 30 + years playing would not think of taking a non weighted Keyboard on a gig..

She would rather play a Casio Previa than the Tyros or PA2z Live (and does). She uses an RD700 for house gigs and has a Previa as a back up of for stair, open water, and one off jobs with Tyros backing tracks.

Some people raise their bars to different levels.....As for me Ill play on a 25 note board and sound great. LOL

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-04-2010).]

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#293329 - 10/04/10 10:36 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
squeak_D Offline

Lets not forget that Casio is offering BOTH a 76 and 61 key arranger with the EXACT same features.

Can you buy any PSR-S series in Both 76 or 61? Can you buy a Korg PA-500 in both 76 and 61? Does Roland offer the Prelude and GW-8 in both 76 and 61.?.?

On top of all that.., WHO here has heard one yet? Has anyone considered the possibility that Casio may have improved the sound quality on these models so that they'll be taken more seriously?

GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#293330 - 10/04/10 10:47 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Lets not forget that Casio is offering BOTH a 76 and 61 key arranger with the EXACT same features.

Can you buy any PSR-S series in Both 76 or 61? Can you buy a Korg PA-500 in both 76 and 61? Does Roland offer the Prelude and GW-8 in both 76 and 61.?.?

On top of all that.., WHO here has heard one yet? Has anyone considered the possibility that Casio may have improved the sound quality on these models so that they'll be taken more seriously?

The only people who care about this are those who seriously believe 76 keys will make them better musicians that 61...Casio and the others HAVE to offer 76 key Arrangers. Yamaha doesn't on their serious arrangers eand sells every last one ...Including their $5000 Tyros

76 keys just doesn't matter to those who would rather give that up in favor of a sound and feature set they consider superior to others....Obviously anyone who buys a Yamaha Arranger already does given the choices they already have.

This may effect sales of other 76 key Arranger makers.....and Yamaha YPG sales but not much more than their 61 key product already does. Casio is a Wal Mart Brand" has a name recognition issue....along the lines of MAttel and Hasbro. Once they get over that , they will be contenders.

They make a pretty nice $700 Previa that has some major performance feature not normally found at that price like Splits The weighted keys are adequate as well.

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#293331 - 10/04/10 10:58 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
squeak_D Offline

I don't know what part of the keyboard players playground you're on but there are A LOT of people out there who just want 76 keys simply because IT'S MORE KEYS! I've yet to find or speak to ANYONE who thinks 76 keys makes them a better player.

How in the hell is Casio supposed to change their image if consumers won't give them the chance? One thing is for damn sure.., the MZ-2000 raised some eyebrows.., and def caught the attention of the other makers. I say give Casio a break.., let them take another shot at it again.

Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online