SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
Topic Options
#293312 - 09/20/10 07:04 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
How about looking at these new models this way. Just for the sake of argument..., lets say the WK-7500 turns out to sound a lot like the WK-3800. If priced right..., would this be a bad thing?

Based on Casio's current sound set they're using.., I think it's safe to assume these boards are NOT going to sound like crap. What I think so many people are overlooking here are some very important features added to these new models as well.

I would suggest reading the manual. The sequencers in the WK-7500/CTK-7000 are VERY good. There's a lot more to the 16 trk sequencer in these models that you don't see from just looking at the specs. Ya gotta read the manual.

Another thing is the "Pattern Sequencer". Along side the 16 trk sequencer you get full style recording (and not just the mix and match system they've been using).., but the ability to create a style from SCRATCH. Again.., ya gotta read the manual.

Granted the Sampling/Tone W/Wav feature may be gone.., but for Pete's sake AUDIO RECORDING HAS TAKEN ITS PLACE! Casio is now allowing you to record your keyboard performance and audio TOGETHER. Plus the ability to use up to a 32GB card! Again.., read the manual folks

Another thing that shouldn't be overlooked.., THE 9 SLIDERS ARE BACK! One thing that MZ-2000 owners loved (including myself) was the sliders. Casio brought those back. Players now (once again) have instant access to the drawbars.., and the sliders function for other uses OUTSIDE of the drawbar organ mode.

Like it or not.., Casio has upped the game with this new line. There is so much more you can do with these new Casio's that you just can't with competing Yamaha models. Hopefully these models have good sales (which I'd be very surprised if they didn't) because their success would possibly mean Yamaha making some changes in the future to their competing line.

**On a side note.., if the WK-7500/CTK 7000 even sound like my old WK-3500.., I'd snatch one up without question. Shoot.., these new models have everything my old 3500 was missing (and more!)**
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#293313 - 09/20/10 07:07 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
Dnj Offline

Squeak good luck with your new WK7500.

#293314 - 09/20/10 07:13 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Thanks.., I'll be getting one for sure. It's gonna be a toss up between the 7500 or 7000. Getting crowded in my playroom.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#293315 - 09/20/10 07:26 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Like it or not.., Casio has upped the game with this new line. There is so much more you can do with these new Casio's that you just can't with competing Yamaha models. Hopefully these models have good sales (which I'd be very surprised if they didn't) because their success would possibly mean Yamaha making some changes in the future to their competing line.

I'm very impressed with the features of the WK-7500/7000, and those sliders are a very nice touch.

I'm curious how well the Leslie sim accurately mimics the real thing, but on the whole, these instruments really have upped the game.

The rumors I heard several months ago, were about an instrument that would sit between PSR-S-series, and the Tyros itself...of course, that would mean 4 variation styles and a tone generator with at least 128 poly.

Maybe it still could be on the way?

Based on it's own merits, the WK-7500/7000 is a pretty slick instrument...I'm really looking forward to playing one.

Ian

#293316 - 09/20/10 08:33 AM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Thanks.., I'll be getting one for sure. It's gonna be a toss up between the 7500 or 7000. Getting crowded in my playroom.

Squeak, I owned the WK110 (traded it to UD)..it did sound pretty good..some stellar sounds ...and some just average..

I also toyed with the WK500 a few days, but decided to pass..It had the same decent sound banks...( I purchased a Prelude around this time)..I would not pass over the WK7500 because of sounds..the newer sound engine is fine..

#293317 - 09/20/10 12:04 PM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
casaet Offline

Loc: Norway
The only thing I need now before I decide to buy a ctk 7000, are some DECENT demo videos. I already have a Ketron SD1, so the 7000 will do. There is one demo of ctk 5000 on Youtube, and I guess the 7000 will have the same features, and a lot more.
casaet

#293318 - 09/20/10 05:21 PM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
They are digital pianos with arranger features, since they are based on existing digital piano platforms.

The term Yamaha uses is "piano-based arranger".

Don't like their definition?

Don't use it.

Don't like their products?

Don't buy them.

Simple eh? Even for you.

Ian

So Iana, are they arrangers (like the PSR S910) or not.
And, I guess you would agree that the G70 and WK7500 are workstations because the manufacturers call them that.

------------------
I have shortened my ID to TTG

#293319 - 09/20/10 05:46 PM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
So Iana, are they arrangers (like the PSR S910) or not.
And, I guess you would agree that the G70 and WK7500 are workstations because the manufacturers call them that.

Genny,

They are piano based arrangers...piano first, arranger second; or, more to the point, digital pianos with some arranger features.

I don't care what Roland or Casio call their products.

Iain

#293320 - 09/20/10 05:51 PM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Genny,

They are piano based arrangers...piano first, arranger second; or, more to the point, digital pianos with some arranger features.

I don't care what Roland or Casio call their products.

Iain

I see you are back to your old selfr Iana. Talking in circles and controdicting yourself.

------------------
I have shortened my ID to TTG

#293321 - 09/20/10 06:04 PM Re: Casio releases new TOTL arranger.....wow
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
I see you are back to your old selfr Iana. Talking in circles and controdicting yourself.

Again, Genny, it is your perception that is circular.

Please don't put so much importance on what I say...I certainly don't put any on what you say.

If you aren't satisfied with, or do not understand, Yamaha's definitions...don't use them...use whatever suits you, and whatever you can understand.

Ian

Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online