SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#293102 - 09/17/10 08:10 AM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Chas, your the only one here that got it right.
Blues is for the blues.
Guys, go argue on your own thread. why in hell do you have to screw up every thread that is posted in this forum?
Bebop

#293103 - 09/17/10 08:20 AM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Bebop...I get your point.

My apologies.

Ian

#293104 - 09/17/10 11:43 AM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's simple guys... read this thread IN ORDER.

Chas posts the song. Everybody likes it. I post that it's great. Chas mentions the sax solo being a lousy imitation, so I try to write a few things that might help him make the NEXT one not be seem lousy to him (me, I don't mind, as long as he's happy with it).

Donny chimes in and asks me to post something that illustrates what I mean, although it will probably be impossible... (ever ask yourself what he means by THAT?)

Ian steps in again, mentions another aspect and suggests going monophonic, then starts extolling the Yamaha SA sax sound, the first mention of any comparative sax review (you'll notice I am completely brand neutral in my post), although he says he likes the Korg sound too. Then a bit about how nothing gets realistic (not that anyone has said you can).

Couple of fun posts, then another post where I, firstly, answer Donny's call for an example, then a few more details about how I go about getting the sound, and then the comment by Donny. "Like I said ...probably Impossible.." You want to pinpoint the time this started to go downhill, IMO, here it is. I graciously answered Donny's call for an example, and this is what I get?

Followed promptly by Ian's Greek chorus of 'Both would have been more realistic if they'd used SA sounds.'

Now, sorry guys, but I know when I'm being dissed. At least Ian TRIES to be funny about it. Donny's taunt is pure snark. If it all goes downhill past this point, ask yourself who PUSHED it there. Ian's next comment is actually pretty nice, until he simply can't STOP himself from fanboy gushing about how much better it would be on a Yamaha SA sound, and the tone is set.

Sorry it went that way, chas (and thanks for the invite... got rooms close to the race, but hopefully I'll have at least a bit of time to hang), but I made a point to make my comments brand neutral. Shame it didn't stay that way. Makes me wonder if it is possible to even TALK just about playing, here.

#293105 - 09/17/10 02:24 PM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Chas . Loved what you were doing here. Nice to hear some great music again. the blues gets me every time. Cheers

Worth

#293106 - 09/17/10 02:29 PM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
Dnj Offline

New Word of the Week ?............

drum roll please......

FANBOY

#293107 - 09/17/10 02:43 PM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

If it all goes downhill past this point, ask yourself who PUSHED it there.

You were just as much to blame Diki, so stop playing innocent. YOU could have stopped anytime YOU wanted, but YOU kept it going too...no one forced YOU to keep responding.

You're going to get reindeer poo if you're not careful.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293108 - 09/17/10 02:50 PM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
You were just as much to blame Diki, so stop playing innocent. YOU could have stopped anytime YOU wanted, but YOU kept it going too...no one forced YOU to keep responding.

You're going to get reindeer poo if you're not careful.
ian

I glad diki finished with his self absence hissy fit a few weeks ago and is back in rare form again.. brilliant!!

#293109 - 09/18/10 01:52 PM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Like I said ...probably Impossible..

Sorry, Ian, but where I come from, the FIRST person to shove is the one generally blamed for the melee...

Of course, hockey rules are somewhat different, aren't they?

BTW, it's interesting that, after Donny specifically asked for an example, he hasn't said a WORD about it, or even acknowledged that I actually posted anything at all. Sorry, Donny, but ALL your requests for musical example will be completely ignored in the future, as it is obvious that they are mere taunts and not a sincere desire for any example whatsoever.

Others are still welcome to ask, though. Perhaps Mr DiLeo is interested?

#293110 - 09/18/10 02:06 PM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
Dnj Offline

Diki.......
why ask the impossible anymore?...you should just provide it just to explain what your saying most of the time. You have created a shield for most just from the babbling rhetoric you spew.....I for one take a grain of salt attitude as most I assume.... I know who to turn to for
Real serious information. I tried to be nice but again you have taken this south thank you. I think even John DeLeo would be dissapointed in you also

Carry On

#293111 - 09/18/10 02:07 PM Re: Just felt like playing some blues
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wow! If anybody wants to get in the mood to play the blues, just read this thread, especially those parts that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic. I think Nigel should change the thread title to LASTWORDITIS; and while he's at it, he should make the age limit for posting 8 yrs old or above.

chas

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online