SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#292501 - 09/08/10 11:02 AM Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
DannyUK Offline

Hello all,

Well I was playing on my T3 this evening as I usually do and under the light I was horrified to see the silver paintwork slowly starting to wear down in places!!! This is quite shocking considering I've only had it since Feb this year. I've had my KorgPA1x since 2005 and the paintwork on the front is in the same perfect condition as to when I bought it 5 years ago.

I am a bit dissapointed with this because I am absolutely meticulous about how I treat my items.

Anybody else have this trouble with any of the Tyros'?

Danny.

#292502 - 09/08/10 11:40 AM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I have an s910 and there's a small section of silver paint that has peeled away from the area just to left of the volume knob. I'm very careful with the s910, there's no reason this paint should have chipped off.

#292503 - 09/08/10 02:13 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Ketron User Offline

This is what You can expect with Keyboards "MADE IN CHINA"

Regards.
Carlo

#292504 - 09/08/10 02:19 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Carlo, don't insult Chinese workmanship. The keyboard was designed in Japan and made to YAMAHA'S specifications IN CHINA! I have a pair of PSR-3000s with the same silver paint job. No wear anywhere on either board after three hard years of gigging.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#292505 - 09/08/10 02:47 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Build quality is one reason I don't play Yamaha
arrangers...they're the "planned obsolescence", mass merchandisers for sure.

Very successful, but, at least in the arranger department, not for me!

Do like their amps, PA's, motorcycles...even a cool, cheap little NP-30 I keep in the office and play out with occasionally.

Russ

#292506 - 09/08/10 03:15 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron User:
This is what You can expect with Keyboards "MADE IN CHINA"

Regards.
Carlo

Duh? The T3 is made in Japan. Also, China's products use parts made in Japan, but assembled in China.

Ofttimes paint or finish wearing off has a lot to do with the player's body chemistry and sweat composition.

It happens on guitars, horns, synths etc...no big deal.

The real pain is when the instrument gets shipped with HUGE bugs like Lee is experiencing with his new Audya.

I have not have a finish wear problem on any of the Yamahas I have for demos and clinics, and they get used and carted around far more than the average user.

Ian

#292507 - 09/08/10 03:25 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
I have an s910 and there's a small section of silver paint that has peeled away from the area just to left of the volume knob. I'm very careful with the s910, there's no reason this paint should have chipped off.

Wearing off & chipping off is two different things ...body finegr acids/sweat is the main culprit and so what? ......do you want it to last forever sheeeesh!!! it's only a freaking keyboard........who cares what it looks like as long it it SOUNDS GOOD and everything is working properly, and YAMAHA KB's are durable & road worthy beyond belief Gig after gig, ....year after year, profit after profit, they are still the best bang for the buck arrangers made period. ....take it from people in the trenches with thousands of gigs under their belts, not some bedroom players who go nowhere......

Sept 17 cant come soon enough....

#292508 - 09/08/10 03:33 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
My Tyros2 had worn off paint and worn buttons after the first year. My Tyros3 hasn't experienced this yet. I thought Yamaha may have improved in these areas because I remember the complaints from several Tyros2 users. Maybe not.............

I do know this............ My hands are eternally dry (I'm a mechanic) and whenever I played in front of others I always applied hand lotion to make them look better. I had several earlier keyboards, Yamahas and Korgs, that had their paint disappearing. I know it was the lotion!! -charley

#292509 - 09/08/10 03:50 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
My Tyros2 had worn off paint and worn buttons after the first year. My Tyros3 hasn't experienced this yet. I thought Yamaha may have improved in these areas because I remember the complaints from several Tyros2 users. Maybe not.............

I do know this............ My hands are eternally dry (I'm a mechanic) and whenever I played in front of others I always applied hand lotion to make them look better. I had several earlier keyboards, Yamahas and Korgs, that had their paint disappearing. I know it was the lotion!! -charley

This is another good reason to bring back BLACK KEYBORDS!!!!!

#292510 - 09/08/10 04:01 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
DannyUK Offline

I agree Dnj, I wished they were black again.

I think the best keyboard i've owned for build quality is the Korg i30, it was built like a brick s*** house.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online