SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#292363 - 09/06/10 07:51 PM Meeting friends on Philly trip
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
My wife pat and I are home from our trip out east. We had a great time and connected with some of our Synthzone friends.

I had called Fran to arrange a breakfast meeting with him. Fran has helped me many times in the past and I wanted to thank him in person. Fran said let me call Donny. Pat and I had met Donny at his dance club many years ago. I thought Donny lived too far away so I never contacted him. Lo and behold I received a call from Donny and before you knew it we had breakfast with Fran AND Donny. Donny and I renewed our friendship at breakfast and I got to meet Mr. Roland himself, Fran.

Next Pat and I drove to Maryland to meet Gary Diamond. We got to Gary's house, had a cup of coffee and headed out with him to a gig at a nursing home.

Let me tell you Gary is totally professional about his work. Before he even started to set up he handed the AD an invoice. Gary has his setup down to a science. It took him less than 10 minutes all the while he was talking to me. His PSR3000 and Bose compact sounded great. His time between songs was a few seconds. Gary performed for and hour and packed up.

We drove back to Gary's house and relaxed with an adult beverage. While Pat and Gary's wife Carol were fixing food I went and put Gary's backup 3000 through a few paces. Gary has his keyboard tweeked to a t. Gary really knows his Yamahas.

It was time to grill the steaks and Gary and I went outside and Gary did the grilling. When the steaks were done we had a wonderful dinner with Gary and Carol. The food was great and so was the company. Gary gave me one of his signature vests and it was time for Pat and I to head back to our hotel in Cherry Hill NJ.

I have met so many great people on the Zone forum over the years. There are too many to list at the moment. This week I met two more great people, Fran and Gary and I got to see Donny again. Life is good.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 09-06-2010).]

Tom

#292364 - 09/06/10 08:11 PM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
Dnj Offline

Tom...it was our pleasure to visit with you again, I wish we had more time to do things ....maybe next time for sure!!
I agree SZ has made many friends come together for me also. I met Gary thru SZ many years ago and we have visited each other many times thru the years..
Gary & Carol are ACES!!!

#292365 - 09/07/10 06:37 AM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tom,

It was a wonderful day and I really enjoyed meeting both of you. Next time you're in the neighborhood I'll take you and Pat sailing on the Chesapeake's upper reaches before burning some steaks.

Thanks for thinking of me,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#292366 - 09/07/10 12:12 PM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#292367 - 09/07/10 12:21 PM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
Fran Carango Offline

#292368 - 09/07/10 04:34 PM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Fran,

Thanks for posting the pictures. At first glance I thought I was looking at Moe, Larry, and Curly but realized it was Fran, myself and Donny.

The second picture is Gary and myself wearing the vest that Gary gave me.

Thanks again,

Tom

Tom

#292369 - 09/07/10 05:18 PM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Fran,

Thanks for posting the pictures. At first glance I thought I was looking at Moe, Larry, and Curly but realized it was Fran, myself and Donny.

The second picture is Gary and myself wearing the vest that Gary gave me.

Thanks again,

Tom

Tom Looking good!!!

#292370 - 09/07/10 06:57 PM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
Fran Carango Offline

BTW: Tom I was feeling lousy (head cold), and very little sleep for a week prior to your visit...

That is why I was not myself...and my teary eyes..and zombie look...

I am just getting back to normal now..

#292371 - 09/07/10 07:04 PM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Fran,

I'm glad you are feeling better, I thought you were fine just a little on the quiet side. I'm glad we could meet.

Tom

Tom

#292372 - 09/07/10 07:17 PM Re: Meeting friends on Philly trip
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tom looks good in that vest--it will go great with his tux.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online