SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29226 - 10/27/02 02:33 AM Suggestion for a future upgrade to the SD1 O.S.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I have already posted about this on the General Arranger Forum; however this time I will be more specific.
I am starting to use the sample-handling feature of the SD1; some of the samples stored on the HD are great (like the organs), but since I have hundreds of samples on my Akai S2800 I would like to download them into the SD1. Unfortunately I did not see anywhere on the manual a mention to the sample dumping ability. I have already asked if there is an unexpensive way or program to do this, but here I am simply suggesting to implement this feature in a future upgrade of the OS. If the feature, on the other hand, is already present and I missed it, please let me know.
Thanks
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 10-27-2002).]

#29227 - 10/27/02 01:17 PM Re: Suggestion for a future upgrade to the SD1 O.S.
Dreamer Offline

Dan,
the Sd1 doesn't read the Akai floppy disks; it gives a message saying "not formatted".

#29228 - 10/29/02 04:12 AM Re: Suggestion for a future upgrade to the SD1 O.S.
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I tried to use the sampler to play an akai CD sample in the SD1.
1) I convert samples for each key and velocity into .wav with my computer and transfer it in the SD1.
2) I redo all loop point, and note range ... and then save the .wav in the SD1
3) I do a .msp file for play it.
But after 3 hours of work, it doesn't work. There is lots of bug, the pitch shift doesn't apply correctly...
AND THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION !!!

And another thing:

I tried to do a pattern with a loop of percu in .wav, but the syncro with the tempo doesen't work! The .wav should have how many number of bars? I must cut the loop to 1 or 2 time in bar?

And the documentaion is very poor!!

I think, ketron doesn't use their sampler or their loop syncro to make their sounds and styles, and let us with poor possibilities...

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#29229 - 10/30/02 12:14 PM Re: Suggestion for a future upgrade to the SD1 O.S.
Dreamer Offline

Dan 2000,
please check this topic I have posted in the General Arranger Forum:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/004891.html

besides, if you subscribe to the Solton Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solton/

in the "Files" section you will find a couple of sounds to download (a Hammond organ and a Minilead sound); the Hammond organ has a loop noise in one of the samples, but otherwise they load just fine and this proves that it's possibile to transfer sounds into the SD1. I have already downloaded and registered the program "Awave studio" mentioned in the above link and it seems to work well.
So I think that it's just a matter of proper conversion of the samples into a format that the SD1 can read well.
Andrea

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online