SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#292270 - 09/04/10 12:30 PM Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tom Cavanaugh and his lovely wife Pat were on one of their many summertime jaunts around the nation and stopped by to visit yesterday. Prior to stopping here they had breakfast with Donny Pesce and Fran Carango near Philadelphia, PA, then headed to the sunny south. (Yes, Maryland is south of the Mason/Dixon Line.)

They accompanied me to a NH job to hear the Bose L1 Compact and listen to an old guy pound lightly on the keys of his antiquated PSR-3000.

After the job, my wife Carol put together a mixed vegetable salad, then sauteed asparagus with fresh, crushed garlic and some special spices, which were finally covered with melted cheese. While Carol slaved over a hot stove, I grilled four fillet mignon basted with Yoshida Gourmet Sauce and sprinkled with Montreal Steak Seasoning.

After dinner, we adjourned to The Swamp (the family room) where Tom played the 3000 for a while. He's a very talented player and singer, and it didn't take very long for him to refresh his memory of Yamaha's OS again.

Unfortunately, they were only here for a short time, therefore I didn't have an opportunity to take them sailing on Chesapeake Bay. Maybe next time,

Tom and Pat are wonderful people and I feel very fortunate indeed to have had the opportunity to meet them in person.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#292271 - 09/04/10 01:25 PM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
Dnj Offline

Gary you beat me to the punch......this was my second time with Tom & his lovely wife Pat as about 8 years ago they visited the NJ Shore and were able to catch my act at one of my dance clubs also.....Breakfast was great...Tom & Fran of course had the pancakes with fresh Strawberries, whipped cream & a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream, Pat & I opted for the incredible breakfast Buffet. Yes it was a short time together but a very pleasant one ......it was great to see them again and hope to do it many more times in the future, maybe on the shores of lake Michigan where they are from too...who knows! I have met so many SZ people thru the years and hope to meet many more in the future for sure that I have on my list!!

Tom & Gary if you have any pictures please post them when you can!!

#292272 - 09/04/10 08:32 PM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Pat and Tom have been to my part of the country a couple of times. Great folks!!
I've had the good fortune to meet a lot of SZ guys and girls, including Donny and Gary. Makes me want to start thinking about another JAM!
DonM

#292273 - 09/05/10 10:12 AM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Tom & Pat swung through S.Florida a few years ago. We met at a Cracker Barrel, had lunch and then I set up a PSR 2000 on the porch among the rocking chairs for a picture.

I saved the picture on an old computer that has since gone Kaput.

It was a very short visit with a very pleasant couple. Next time, Cracker Barrel said they will let us plug the keyboard in.

Hurry back Tom.

Eddie

#292274 - 09/05/10 07:27 PM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
travlin'easy Offline

I think it's about time for DonM to head north. Yep, we can put together a jam in this part of the world too. And, it's still south of the Mason/Dixon Line, which still qualifies as the Sunny South--just not the deep south.

Cheers,

Gary

#292275 - 09/05/10 08:02 PM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I think it's about time for DonM to head north. Yep, we can put together a jam in this part of the world too. And, it's still south of the Mason/Dixon Line, which still qualifies as the Sunny South--just not the deep south.

Cheers,

Gary

Now thats a great idea Gary ....with you be the "JAM MASTER" how can anyone go wrong!! if Im off I'm there !!

#292276 - 09/06/10 03:25 AM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Now thats a great idea Gary ....with you be the "JAM MASTER" how can anyone go wrong!! if Im off I'm there !!

Gary, how far are you away from BWI? If not close to the airport 350 miles or so isn't a bad drive.

#292277 - 09/06/10 03:54 AM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Gary, how far are you away from BWI? If not close to the airport 350 miles or so isn't a bad drive.

Steve not to far at all off 95..........
as a extra treat I'll bring Fran also

#292278 - 09/06/10 07:35 AM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
travlin'easy Offline

Steve,

BWI is just about 45 minutes drive south of where I live.

Gary

#292280 - 09/06/10 08:10 AM Re: Met Tom & Pat Cavanaugh yesterday...
travlin'easy Offline

Yes, Forest Hill, MD.

DonM usually has his in January, but that can be a nasty time of year in this part of the world, even worse for those residing in states to the north and west. I'll try to do something near the end of March or early April, when the weather is more suitable for driving.

Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online