SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#291992 - 09/11/10 09:18 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Danny...specs were what we pretty much expected.

Now to hear it...that will be the clincher.

Ian

#291993 - 09/11/10 09:22 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
DannyUK Offline

Looks like they've worked on the drums a bit!

#291994 - 09/11/10 10:21 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Bachus Offline

They did exactl;y the same as with the Motif...

They used the same hardware(processor and soundhardware) and added the much needed flash ram...

To make it look like a new instrument they added a some sounds and drums and some styles.

Its still the same technollogy as the T3... When Korg bings new sounds and styles in a package they call it a free update...

Couldn't they just have made a Flash memmory update that would fit in the T3's dimm memmory slots?

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 09-11-2010).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#291995 - 09/11/10 10:47 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Its still the same technollogy as the T3... When Korg bings new sounds and styles in a package they call it a free update...

Of course it is the same technology, Bachus; it is a "Tyros" after all. In fact, the basic engineering goes back quite some way, but mostly back to the original Tyros.

It works, and it works successfully, both sonically and economically.

If it were to be a completely new instrument, with a new sound generator, and other new technology, it would not be called a Tyros model anymore...it would have a new name.

Korg's last free update was when?

I doubt you'll see anymore, if there is a new Korg PA on the way.

Ian

#291996 - 09/11/10 11:02 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Of course it is the same technology, Bachus; it is a "Tyros" after all. In fact, the basic engineering goes back quite some way, but mostly back to the original Tyros.

It works, and it works successfully, both sonically and economically.

If it were to be a completely new instrument, with a new sound generator, and other new technology, it would not be called a Tyros model anymore...it would have a new name.

Korg's last free update was when?

I doubt you'll see anymore, if there is a new Korg PA on the way.

Ian

Well as long as people that buy these instruments can live with that, i guess Yamaha is right to do things like this.....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#291997 - 09/11/10 11:11 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Well as long as people that buy these instruments can live with that, i guess Yamaha is right to do things like this.....

Thats how they are able to stay in business especially in this economy.

#291998 - 09/11/10 12:34 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Looks like they added the ability to use SA voices as part of the style... that ought to raise the bar a bit!
Polyphony remains the same (but 128 ought to be sufficient!). A LOT more voices, especially SA stuff,
but we'll have to wait and see whether all these new voices use new samples, or are just variations on the
same sample set. Ditto for the drums...

Flash RAM is going to change the game, albeit expensively, but Yamaha are still locked into their own
proprietary multisample format, no Akai import or Soundfonts etc., so the choice you get to fill it
will still remain in Yamaha's (so far) miserly hands. It is LONG past time Yamaha opened up their samplers
(Motif's have the same problem) to the largest sample collection out there.

Oh, and Lee... no, on the whole, I'm far more gratified to coax new sounds out of what I already
have, to learn to better PLAY it, to make it a part of my playing. Constantly removing your familiarity with
your gear by upgrading long before you've exhausted
the current one's possibilities is a game for those with more income than sense, IMO

We got a price in the US on the T4 yet? Apparently, the MoXF comes in at exactly the same price as the
XS, despite its' improved capabilities. Is Yamaha keeping the price on its' arranger products as static?
Knowing Yamaha, I doubt it. Better get some lube handy

#291999 - 09/11/10 01:05 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Demo day is over at Pakefield...where's all the details of the T4?
Come on Guys & Gals...Give!
Please...

Lee S.

#292000 - 09/11/10 01:06 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

No one buys an instrument because they are forced to get it...Yamaha's elder arrangers (PSR-8000/9000/3000/2000), as well as those golden oldies from Roland like the G-70 and G-1000 are still viable, and still in use with many happy owners who are still creating new sounds, styles and great music on them.

The Tyros4 will have it's supporters and detractors, just like any other company's arrangers, and it looks to be a fairly substantial upgrade from the Tyros3, especially in the drums/percussion and SA voices, the latter of which are doubled (same for mega voices).

I'm looking forward to hearing and playing it, and hopefully I'll have one on my sample account in the very near future.

I was holding off getting anything new, hoping I'd spring for an S910 at the end of their cycle (cheaper again), but if I really like the Tyros4, I just might end up with one...I don't do much gigging anymore, just a lot of recording, so it would be a terrific tool for my needs.

Ian

#292001 - 09/11/10 03:18 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'd be interested in finding out, if you trumpeted it loud and clear and constantly, that pretty near ALL
the new styles for the T4 would be ported over to the T3/T2, etc., how many would reconsider buying one...

After all, all of the T3's styles were eventually re-voiced for the T2 910's for the 900, etc..

Sure, there's usually a few months' wait, but they ARE going to come. And sure, they won't sound
EXACTLY the same. But they'll still be VERY welcome to older arranger players. I've got a sneaky feeling
that those new styles is often (along with a couple of lead sounds) really the ONLY reason some people
upgrade...

Well, this time round, remind yourselves that those styles WILL be available before you start getting all
weak at the knees at upgrading to the T4...

Good things come to those that wait!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-11-2010).]

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online