SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#291868 - 08/31/10 06:53 AM Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm not hearing much about the Bose L1 and II systems or the Compact either. I still have and love my Compact. Are Bose lovers defecting to other PAs or are you keeping yours? I'd love to hear your opinions of ownership now that the original wave of enthusiasm has passed.

#291869 - 08/31/10 07:03 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
Dnj Offline

I was passionate with both my Bose units for a while on stage until the loss of Mids & Stereo got to me 7 too many pieces to carry and cover all the time .....I can understand why some people still use & enjoy them...
but for me I'm so very glad I moved on to Stereo all the time & POWERED 15"s.

enjoy

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-31-2010).]

#291870 - 08/31/10 07:43 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Most of those that purchased the Bose L1 Compact continue to use them and would never go back to a conventional sound system.

Then, of course, there are some folks that only own a piece of equipment for a couple hours before going to something else.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#291872 - 08/31/10 07:59 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Most of those that purchased the Bose L1 Compact continue to use them and would never go back to a conventional sound system.
Gary

Ditto.

In the 4 years I've been gigging I've tried a number of combinations including the Barbetta 31c, Roland KC 150, an older Peavey KB 150 that was a hand me down, Logitech z5500s, Roland CM30s. None of those do for my ears or the audience's ears what the Bose Compact or Bose L1 Model 1 does Not only that when you just gig part time as I do it becomes a losing proposition to keep buying equipment, then selling at a loss.

#291873 - 08/31/10 08:08 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have a compact, and I'm not thrilled with it. It's very possilbe I'm not doing somemthing right, but really, it shouldn't that complicated. I don't consider myself a loud music act but I find it losses clairty at a moderate volume- vocals distort especailly when using a my TC Harmony M vocalizar.

Maybe it's a mixer issue? Maybe I should be using two compacts?

I got to play on Don M double set at the volume I normally play at and it sounded great. Not mine. For my next few gigs I'm going back to my "traditional PA" set up: Two passive 15" Yamaha , Two 12" passive Yamaha monitors, and an makie 808M powered mixer. Yes, it a bunch of stuff to have to lug around.... Especailly for a dou that doesn't play that loud.

For now I'm using Bose for rehersals in my bedroom/studio, small house parties and maybe if I ever get a low volume resturant or NH gig. Any thing that requires moderate volume (like a dance for senior citizens) the Bose Compact does not cut it for me.

Maybe I'm overlooking something simple. Perhaps a differnet mixer? Any ideas? I'd really like to get this thing to work for me!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#291874 - 08/31/10 08:08 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have a compact, and I'm not thrilled with it. It's very possilbe I'm not doing somemthing right, but really, it shouldn't that complicated. I don't consider myself a loud music act but I find it losses clairty at a moderate volume- vocals distort especailly when using a my TC Harmony M vocalizar.

Maybe it's a mixer issue? Maybe I should be using two compacts?

I got to play on Don M double set at the volume I normally play at and it sounded great. Not mine. For my next few gigs I'm going back to my "traditional PA" set up: Two passive 15" Yamaha , Two 12" passive Yamaha monitors, and an makie 808M powered mixer. Yes, it a bunch of stuff to have to lug around.... Especailly for a dou that doesn't play that loud.

For now I'm using Bose for rehersals in my bedroom/studio, small house parties and maybe if I ever get a low volume resturant or NH gig. Any thing that requires moderate volume (like a dance for senior citizens) the Bose Compact does not cut it for me.

Maybe I'm overlooking something simple. Perhaps a differnet mixer? Any ideas? I'd really like to get this thing to work for me!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#291876 - 08/31/10 10:31 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Not at all!
I love my two L1's and will never go back to 'ordinary' speakers.
How can people assume one single system will bring a stereo image? .... Especially for keyboard use you need TWO L1's

#291877 - 08/31/10 10:54 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:
Not at all!
I love my two L1's and will never go back to 'ordinary' speakers.
How can people assume one single system will bring a stereo image? .... Especially for keyboard use you need TWO L1's

Roel, are you saying..you do not have a conflict with out of phase when using 2 units?

Other Bose owners that have used twin units in stereo have mentioned this ..with the "ripple" effect overlapping...
And others say they have no problems...I wonder it the latter folks just don't realize the out of phase problem..

#291878 - 08/31/10 11:01 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have the L1 and the Compact. I still get favorable comments on their clarity and general sound, including vocals.

I wouldn't trade them for anything else.

#291879 - 08/31/10 11:14 AM Re: Has the fire for Bose L1 and Compact passed?
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
I started out with a Peavy system then went to the Barbetta's (31c & 32c) & then the Mackie 450's. I purchased a Bose L1 Classic from Uncle Dave back in 2007 & this year I purchased a L1 Compact, which I use for mostly all of my jobs. I seriously doubt that I will ever go back to a conventional PA system again.
Wally

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online