SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29119 - 01/17/05 10:30 AM Midjay INS for Cakewalk
Showbiz Offline

Loc: Kirkland, Quebec , Canada
Hello Friends , I was wondering if anyone is playing midi files on the Midjay from a laptop or computer . I work with an SD1 and I trigger my files from my laptop using Cakewalk and want to know if the Midjay is compatible with the SD1 and if the sounds in the B and C bank are in the same order . Does anyone have the INS for the Midjay or are they the same as the SD1. Thanks.
Michael Marino

#29120 - 01/18/05 10:08 AM Re: Midjay INS for Cakewalk
bobsynth Offline

Loc: Berlin, MD
I did my first gig New Years Eve with the Midjay. I had hooked up my laptop to it, just to be comfortable with it. I know my midis in my laptop work well, with my MS50, so I felt comfortable using this approach, for my maiden voyage. It worked fine with the laptop hooked up to the Midjay. I used Van Bosco for my software. I do know there are problems trying to record from the MJ into Cakewalk. It appears as though the banks are not being changed properly. However I believe this is more of a cakewalk issue than a MJ problem. I do find that I need to go into the midi file and insert a control change 0 to access the voices on banks 1 and 2. No biggie. I would also welcom a ins file for the Midjay.

#29121 - 01/19/05 09:23 AM Re: Midjay INS for Cakewalk
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I have been using Cakewalk/Sonar for many years, I use the instrument definitions and I customize my midi files for any of my boards Ketron X1, SD1, Korg PA60 and NEVER a problem......I wonder..??.

------------------
mdorantes

#29122 - 01/19/05 09:48 AM Re: Midjay INS for Cakewalk
Showbiz Offline

Loc: Kirkland, Quebec , Canada
It seem to me that i'm going back and er-editing all my files everytime Ketron comes out with a new OS ver. {ver4.0c} . They keep replacing sounds like its going out of style.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online