http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20011536-1.html

#290453 - 07/24/10 05:55 AM Re: Watch Out I-Pad
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#290454 - 07/24/10 12:46 PM Re: Watch Out I-Pad
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
I think this is a fantastic idea.

I just paid 140 Euro for School Books for my 7 year old daughter and as she gets older, they will very quickly get far more expensive. The older kids going to school also have so many books that you have to rent lockers in school as the amount of books would break your back.

The iPad is more of a fan boys toy that's rather useless as a Computer. You can't install what you want on it, and even developers can't write whatever they want. You got to go through apple for everything. Write with tools they specify and do as they say. It's like a dictatorship.

The Archos 9 blows it away hands down and that's a REAL computer.

Regards
James

#290455 - 07/24/10 04:00 PM Re: Watch Out I-Pad
Bachus Offline

Just wait till there are Android tablets...

They should be in shops before Christmass... same quallity as an I-pad, but the user decides what to run on it and not Apple.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#290456 - 07/25/10 06:03 AM Re: Watch Out I-Pad
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Just wait till there are Android tablets...

Yeah, there's going to be a lot of choice that will cost a lot less than the iPad in the near future. The Archos 9 is already cheaper than the iPad.

With all those Android tablets on the way too..... people will have lots of choice and the freedom away from Apple to run whatever they want to run on their device.

I'm really starting to hate Apple lately as I watch the fights between them an the likes of Adobe and others. They really do want total control over what people do and see. Heck my iPhone is now using its GPS to track me and send anonymous data back to Apple. This was the new terms and conditions that came with the upgrade to the latest OS and Apple don't even tell you what information the phone is sending back to them on you or why it's using the GPS to track me.

That's kind of scary when you think about it. Apple know exactly where ever iPhone user is with an accuracy of a few feet and that this function is switched on and beaming this information back to them all the time.

Regards
James

#290457 - 07/26/10 04:52 PM Re: Watch Out I-Pad
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Apple Business practices aside - let's not forget WHY these Tablets are now becoming popular, cheaper, and "free-choice".

Whatever you think of the iPad and Apple, you can (mainly) thank them for making these other options available....

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#290458 - 07/27/10 03:07 PM Re: Watch Out I-Pad
Irishacts Offline

Not sure why you seem to think Apple deserve credit here.

Tablets have existed long before Apple's iPad, not that the iPad can be really classed as a Tablet anyway. It's just a big ass iPhone that can't make calls.

I'd take an Archos 9 in the morning over an iPad any day. It's cheaper too and has been out longer.

Regards
James

#290459 - 07/27/10 06:28 PM Re: Watch Out I-Pad
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I never said Apple invented the Tablet James, they rarely invent things - they re-invent things, specifically for Mass consumption.

I myself bought an HP Touchsmart Tablet PC (with Multitouch and a 12" screen) BEFORE the iPad, for our Song Charts at Gigs.

At that time, (about 12 months ago) there wasn't much of a choice - and you don't wanna know how much I paid for it

NOW

We have Tablets coming out of our collective orifices, either available right now, or coming soon - all with many options, and all with a significantly reduced Price Tag from when I bought our little wonder....

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#290460 - 07/28/10 11:41 AM Re: Watch Out I-Pad
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
I never said Apple invented the Tablet

Sorry, I think we are taking each other up wrong here.

I feel that your saying we should give Apple credit for being the cause of all the development that's going on right now. I don't see it like that at all and that's why I mentioned the Archos 9.

It's cheaper, it's been out longer than the iPad, faster, more advanced, and it's running Windows 7.

Regards
James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online