SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#290356 - 07/21/10 10:18 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
What the Bose does is let you hear what you really sound like. If you aren't ready for the truth you may want to use something that hides stuff.
DonM

hmm....interesting and a tad brash. Good thing we all have our own set of ears. The only way I want to hide my singing and playing is when the Bose amplifies it - ugh.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#290357 - 07/21/10 10:23 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
Well, I think that is the reason why you are unhappy with the sound! From a personal experience, mixing and setting up should be done on the actual PA-system that you will be using. Internal speakers or headphones will not give you an accurate representation of the sound that you will hear through the PA.

By the way, I am glad to see that you are refusing to ruin the sound of your keyboard by playing through MONO.

Good points and you helped me settle my case. The Bose IS NOT STEREO, regardless on how, where and what you throw in it.

The Bose was good. I used it for a year. But when I had qualified personnel really assess its sound, I knew I had to make changes.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#290358 - 07/22/10 06:56 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
Well, I think that is the reason why you are unhappy with the sound! From a personal experience, mixing and setting up should be done on the actual PA-system that you will be using. Internal speakers or headphones will not give you an accurate representation of the sound that you will hear through the PA.

By the way, I am glad to see that you are refusing to ruin the sound of your keyboard by playing through MONO.

Good advice..although I think some editing with "keyboard speakers" or headphones is fine...when trying to balance parts in relationship to each other..
Yes the ideal way would be with your sound system..

The biggest difference with the studio edits and the stage set up..is the EQ, and the frequencies response ...If neither of these are considered..there can be a dramatic difference..
This is one of the reasons I like the Edirol mixer with "RAC"...this one feature alone can take the sound I want from the studio edits..and transform them into the stage room..with similar results..and yes..in stereo..

DonM, have you tried the Edirol RAC on your Bose....I have found the results, a major improvement on the L series..So have every other Bose owner I know..that have tried it.
Not only does it make the Bose better...it makes all units better...Same with my "old" Roland Cubes...

Don, I like to know what you think about this...since you do use the Edirol...are you using RAC?

#290359 - 07/22/10 08:30 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Not using RAC. I tried it briefly and evidently didn't get it right. I'll try it again sometime.
Zuki, I reread my post and I really didn't mean it to sound that way. It certainly wasn't meant to belittle you or your sound. Sorry.
There are at least five local groups or acts that have heard my sound and immediately purchased Bose systems. Three of those groups have members in the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame, so I figure it must sound o.k., at least in the backwoods.
DonM

#290360 - 07/22/10 09:24 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
DonM, have you tried the Edirol RAC on your Bose....I have found the results, a major improvement on the L series..So have every other Bose owner I know..that have tried it.
Not only does it make the Bose better...it makes all units better...Same with my "old" Roland Cubes...

Don, I like to know what you think about this...since you do use the Edirol...are you using RAC?

Using...RAC 100% diffrence in sound quality......

Night & Day

#290361 - 07/22/10 10:27 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Bill in Dayton,
I'll be using the T1 on tonight's gig for the first time. I'm very happy with the Bose Compact and the L1 Model 1 - I started using the Classic in 2003 for larger venues and the Barbetta for smaller gigs. I replaced the Barbetta with the Compact a while back. I had several mixers that worked well, my concern was with the T1. I just purchased the T1 and I'm still tweaking ... gettin' close to a good sound, not quite there yet.
Ciao,
Jerry

#290362 - 07/22/10 11:04 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
zuki Offline

I cranked up and played my first job with kb speakers only and it was fantastic - unbelievable audience acceptance. Sorry for my Bose review, but no way I will ever run mono again.DonM - np, it was late and I was crabby - my bad.

#290363 - 07/22/10 01:22 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
Bill in Dayton,
I'll be using the T1 on tonight's gig for the first time. I'm very happy with the Bose Compact and the L1 Model 1 - I started using the Classic in 2003 for larger venues and the Barbetta for smaller gigs. I replaced the Barbetta with the Compact a while back. I had several mixers that worked well, my concern was with the T1. I just purchased the T1 and I'm still tweaking ... gettin' close to a good sound, not quite there yet.
Ciao,
Jerry

Jerry I understand a renowned Tyros/Bose critic will be at your gig tonight.....
I will see you around 6:30...

#290364 - 07/22/10 06:39 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Yo Zuki, I don't usually get involved in these kind of discussions. A year ago in June I bought my L1 Compact. The 2nd gig I played was a 50th anniversary. I was thinking small job. It was 250+ people. I cranked the Bose and there were 3 DJ's in the audience. They came up to me and said, we can't believe it, but you are carrying the room. They all went out and bought one. I have been happy as a lark with the Bose. Just my 2 cents.

Joe

#290365 - 07/22/10 06:56 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Jerry I understand a renowned Tyros/Bose critic will be at your gig tonight.....
I will see you around 6:30...

Jerry at work tonight..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCrSaijC0I

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online