SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#290336 - 07/21/10 07:28 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I read a while back about the "ripple" of the sound wave..made the Bose L series not practical for stereo...Probably the result Dave mentioned..

#290337 - 07/21/10 07:48 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Keep in mind that under the Bose purchase agreement, you can try it for up to 45 days and if you don't like what you hear you can return the system for a full refund--NO QUESTIONS ASKED! I've heard DonM performing using a pair of L1 compacts--no phase cancellation was noted. However, it didn't sound any better than a single L1 compact to me. Of course, the person between the two systems on stage will benefit from the stereo sound, but will the audience? The jury is still out on this one.

Good luck,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 07-21-2010).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#290338 - 07/21/10 11:33 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Bill from Dayton, Is all well using the T1? I read your posts on the Bose forum as you were trying to set it up. I have many of the same concerns that you presented to the forum.

Don and Gary, Are you using the T1 with your Bose?

Is anyone using the Midjay/SD5 with the T1 and Bose Compact or L1?
Ciao,
Jerry

#290339 - 07/21/10 11:57 AM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
zuki Offline

Well, I can say that when I turn my keyboard speakers off and listen to the mono Bose, I want to gag I've been duped all along by the keyboard monitors. In fact, I think I've had more positive feedback when I used a stereo setup. I know, I know, eq, etc. WHAT I WANT is the audience hearing the same thing I do when I listen to my keyboard speakers (that is the ultimate sound). If I don't hear an appreciable difference, I will return it and probably sell the other and go with a stereo setup, maybe something small, but I'm hoping (2) will result in what I seek.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#290340 - 07/21/10 12:23 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-21-2010).]

#290341 - 07/21/10 12:24 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Well, I can say that when I turn my keyboard speakers off and listen to the mono Bose, I want to gag I've been duped all along by the keyboard monitors. In fact, I think I've had more positive feedback when I used a stereo setup. I know, I know, eq, etc. WHAT I WANT is the audience hearing the same thing I do when I listen to my keyboard speakers (that is the ultimate sound). If I don't hear an appreciable difference, I will return it and probably sell the other and go with a stereo setup, maybe something small, but I'm hoping (2) will result in what I seek.

Jim, if the Bose do not work out for you..check out the BA330..I think it will handle all your jobs...fine

#290342 - 07/21/10 12:27 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jerry,

I'm using a PSR-3000 with the L1 Compact, and prior to that, the standard L1. I believe DonM has used them with just about every keyboard ever made including the Audya, SD5, several Roland models, and maybe the Midjay.

Jim,

Sorry to hear you're not getting good results with your system. As I posted a couple years ago, you must dead-plug the onboard speakers so you can hear what the audience hears. It took me about an hour tuning the keyboard's EQs and effects to obtain the sound quality I wanted. Once I had it set, it was saved as a registration, the EQ's were anchored by the onboard Parameter Lock system, and I never looked back.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#290343 - 07/21/10 12:54 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
zuki Offline

BA330 users:

Where do you position the BA330 to get the stereo effect for your audience: I'm going to give this unit a try and really had one on order to do so some time ago (changed my mind as usual). Man, I want stereo again and those inputs - wow

Floor?
Pole?
In front?
Behind?
Beside?

Thx

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#290344 - 07/21/10 01:03 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
BA330 users:

Where do you position the BA330 to get the stereo effect for your audience: I'm going to give this unit a try and really had one on order to do so some time ago (changed my mind as usual). Man, I want stereo again and those inputs - wow

Floor?
Pole?
In front?
Behind?
Beside?

Thx

All of the above..

I usually set it to my side about a foot behind the keyboard...I will use the tilt stand that is built into the unit..

#290345 - 07/21/10 05:52 PM Re: Anyone using (2) Bose Compacts?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
By Zuki”
WHAT I WANT is the audience hearing the same thing I do when I listen to my keyboard speakers (that is the ultimate sound). If I don't hear an appreciable difference, I will return it and probably sell the other and go with a stereo setup, maybe something small, but I'm hoping (2) will result in what I seek.

Zuki, I understand just what you are saying and I am in agreement. But think of what you have said – “The ultimate sound is when I am sitting at my keyboard”. And that is what an army of sound engineers worked hard to accomplish measuring the exact position of your ears while sitting and placing the speakers in the ultimate spot so that you would hear one great sound.

Now all you have to do is to set up the audience and your speakers in the same manner. An impossible job at best. I know this is hard for people to understand accept but the sound of my guitar amp on stage was terrible and I did not like it – but when I had someone play my guitar and I went to the center of the room the guitar sounded great. Speakers use the room to do a job and most of that you will never hear any of that when sitting at your keyboard.

Does any of this help? No, but maybe it may help stop some of your Gagging. (smile)

John C.

Hey, I love my Bose Compact. Stereo is not important to me. You see my left hear does not hear as well as my right ear so the musicians on my left side always need improvement.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online