#290170 - 07/16/10 05:51 AM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#290171 - 07/16/10 07:49 AM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Thanks for the spec sheet Frank, that is a big help for me and others as well. I am a new member and look forward to get to know you all. I have talked to frank on a few occasions about buying an Audya 76 as soon as problems go away and they are fully up-dated with new sounds and styles. Just waiting for a phone call as to when He has one.I will call to make sure frank still has my number.I will be using the Audya in Church and at Christian concerts so It has got to be 100% rock solid dependable. I trust that it will be.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#290172 - 07/16/10 07:54 AM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
You have to realize that keyboards and/or modules are extremely marked up in price to what their actual true value is worth. For instance, the Audya 4 is selling for $3,778 according to Frank and most likely for each one sold Ketron would likely make over $2,000 in pure profit. If they sell five hundred of them that's well over a million bucks in their pocket free and clear. Which is fine and dandy because they're in business to make a profit no?

C'est la vie! Can't take it with you right? Who cares if Ketron makes out like hogan's goat? It will help keep them in business that much longer so they can keep ripping more people off for many more years to come selling their ridiculously overpriced products to gullible people like you and... you? lol

Same with Yammie by the way. You guys realize that the original Tyros was around $2,500 right? The Tyros 3 (a measly 5 1/2 years later) is over $2,000 MORE for basically the SAME keyboard?? Don't tell me SAV/2 is worth two extra grand either cuz they ain't... period. The overall Voice improvement on the Tyros 3 is also nice but two GRAND nicer!?!!?! Uh... no way folks.

Until consumers start fighting back against these exorbitantly over priced high-end arrangers and/or arranger modules Yammie and Ketron and the others will keep licking their chops and laughing all the way to the bank at our expense. Since I am a conscientious consumer advocate I feel strongly compelled to voice my concerns with others regarding these huge price discrepancies (rip-offs) and by doing so to hopefully see progress with manufacturers in lowering their prices in line to their products true value and worth instead of price gouging the world's populations in the name of greed.

All the best,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Comparing Ketron to Yamaha is an unfair comparison.

Does Ketron make motorcyles, Acoustic pianos, semi conductors, stringed instruments, jet ski's ?

Here is the description of Yamaha :

Business Description
YAMAHA CORPORATION is a Japan-based manufacturing company engaged in five business segments. The Music Instruments segment is involved in the manufacture and sale of musical instruments, including pianos, string instruments, percussion instruments, wind instruments and electronic music instruments, the operation of music schools and the music promotion activity, as well as the musical note publishing and record businesses. The Audio and Video (AV) and Information Technology (IT) segment offers audio equipment and information communication equipment. The Electronic Components segment offers semiconductors. The Living segment offers system kitchen, bathroom vanities and system houses, among others. The Others segment manufactures and sells golf equipment, automobile interior parts, factory automation (FA) machines, molds and parts, among others.
http://www.global.yamaha.com/ir/data/index.html

Look at the exchange rates from 2006 to 2010. Yamaha as a company is probably 1000 X's the size of Ketron. How do you think those same exchange rates effects a smaller company like Ketron ?

Being an ex retailer, I can only say that your opinion about HUMONGOUS! profits is rediculous. Ketron retailers make much less profit selling a Ketron product than all other manufacturers.

#290173 - 07/16/10 07:57 AM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I second that Dano

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#290174 - 07/17/10 05:07 PM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
leezone Offline

hey,

is it "on the water" as opposed to via air because
otherwise chips, boards, cables, diodes, capacitors, etc.
may suddenly "jump" out of place with turbulence?

seriously, Ketron products do have this problem,
i've had quite a few instances where my floppy cable came loose on my XD3
also, my screen cable came loose, etc
and i've heard others here complain about this..

hopefully Ketron has addressed these problems with the new Audya 4/5

ship it via AIR, so it does not take a month to receive

Frank,
let me know when you receive them...

#290175 - 07/17/10 08:28 PM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Lee let me tell you from experience, you won't get hot dogs, but if you love a buffet with good Italian food..........you'll be all set. If you do take a field trip let me know I'll see if I can round up Tony Mads and we'll take the 100 mile drive.

Steve ... if the weather is good we can ride with the top down ... this way we can put your new Audya 5 in the back seat for the ride back ...

t.

#290176 - 07/19/10 06:40 AM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
hey,

is it "on the water" as opposed to via air because
otherwise chips, boards, cables, diodes, capacitors, etc.
may suddenly "jump" out of place with turbulence?

seriously, Ketron products do have this problem,
i've had quite a few instances where my floppy cable came loose on my XD3
also, my screen cable came loose, etc
and i've heard others here complain about this..

hopefully Ketron has addressed these problems with the new Audya 4/5

ship it via AIR, so it does not take a month to receive

Frank,
let me know when you receive them...

Ketron products are packed into a container or containers and travel the Ocean. Once they arrive, they products must clear through customs.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 07-19-2010).]

#290177 - 07/19/10 08:28 AM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Steve ... if the weather is good we can ride with the top down ... this way we can put your new Audya 5 in the back seat for the ride back ...

t.

Perfect

#290178 - 07/21/10 08:16 AM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
leezone Offline

so it seems some people already have Audya5 but just not here in US :-(

#290179 - 07/21/10 09:06 AM Re: Audya 4 and Audya 5 on the water to us
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
so it seems some people already have Audya5 but just not here in US :-(

No chance, USA last on the list!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online