SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#290060 - 07/12/10 06:58 AM Was it worth that much
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi all,

There was Wesri KB on ebay last week it did not sell, was it worth that much.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WERSI-ABACUS-KS1-k...=item1e5cd4969d

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#290061 - 07/12/10 07:57 AM Re: Was it worth that much
Dnj Offline

No bids tells ya someting eh?

#290062 - 07/12/10 08:10 AM Re: Was it worth that much
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
No bids tells ya someting eh?

That's what I thought, just wondered what it is worth. What someone will pay!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#290063 - 07/12/10 08:32 AM Re: Was it worth that much
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony
It’s a Pre Autumn 2003 model so to upgrade to the latest software (OAS 7) will cost you approximately € 350 – 400 (The internal DSP boards have to be changed to run OAS 7) + whatever options you decide to add. (You get trials of the various options when you upgrade)

The computer hardware is fine, unless you are going to make heavy use of CPU intensive VST or the Franz Lambert Sound Pack, (€445) although I would recommend an upgrade to 2GB of Ram for optimum speed. (DDR)

Mention Wersi to anybody on the street and you will just get a blank look compared to asking them if they had heard of names like Roland, Yamaha, and Korg etc., so its market is restricted to those in the know. (Most folks steer clear of the unknown)

Existing Wersi owners may find it attractive if they have early generation models, however if they have an OAS instrument (Which the Abacus is) then they will not be interested as they can already upgrade the instruments they have already got.

Is it worth the money? it depends on what you want, if you’re looking for a Wersi, and require easy install and use of VST instruments and Akai samples then yes, as even adding a number of quality VSTi and Akai samples will still make it cheaper than a TOTL keyboard of the big 3, as well as giving you a sound quality that the big 3 TOTL keyboards can only dream of.

However if you’re after a OOTB experience, then pay the extra and get the Pegasus Wing (Which is designed specifically for the OOTB experience) or stick with the big boys, as the Abacus will require effort to make it your own. (The upside is that its flexibility allows you to personalise way beyond any of the big 3 boards out there)

As with any keyboard try before you buy

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online