SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#289525 - 06/26/10 01:04 AM Roland E-60 problem
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

hey there, if anyone here uses an E50 or E60, please help me.

I wanted to buy a good arranger keyboard for composition and I wanted to choose between the Yamaha PSR-3000 and Roland E-60

so I decided to buy them both (used of course) and try them both for a few weeks, which I am doing as I now have the E-60 as well.

I think the e-60 has a strange problem.

Even if I do a factory reset on the keyboard and I switch the keyboard back on, the Bender does not bend notes at all, not even on guitar sounds, which is strange. Does that happens with your E keyboard as well? If so, I might be missing some settings, but I doubt it. Usually the pitch wheel or lever or ribbon controller or whatever it is, works straight out of the box on all arrangers and synths. I would not thing there's anything to set before hand.

Still, I tried to do that too, and when I go to MENU> hand controllers> Bender assign, I see a value from 0 to 24,
isn't that 0 to 24 semitones? Yet if I set it to 24, the bender only works in a half-step range, if less than that, it seems to work in a microtone! (less than half tone)

this is weird....am I missing something? I think this keyboard has a problem with the pitch bend

Also, I tried the D Beam by following the instructions on page 51 and it does not seem to work at all. I don't know if I am missing something, but I just recall the D Beam display, set a function (say pitch bend) then start a style, but the D beam does nothing.

Everything else works well....sequencer, sounds,styles, etc....but this pitch bend and D Beam thing is weird and does not seems right, what do you think?

#289526 - 06/26/10 11:35 AM Re: Roland E-60 problem
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Check your default User program..The User program can control the D beam, and pitch bend..

#289527 - 06/27/10 08:10 AM Re: Roland E-60 problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Check your default User program..The User program can control the D beam, and pitch bend..

thanks, unfortunately I could not check in time as I have now made a mess. In the hope that the software was corrupted, (and hoping it wasn't an hardware problem), I tried to update the E-60 and failed. The procedure asks to delete the files on the internal memory from a PC and to put the new system file in the 'update' folder, etc

Well, I was only able to manage deleting some of the files in the internal memory, then when I tried to put the new system file in the 'update' folder in the internal memory of the E60, I was getting silly errors from the PC : 'drive full' (meaning the internal memory of the E60).

So I wasn't able to do the update. I have then tried to replace all the files on the e60 internal memory with the same files from a backup CD that came with the E60 (in the hope that the old files were corrupted and were causing problems to the Bender and D beam) : no luck there either, I have only managed to delete more files, but not replacing them.

The result now is that the E60 has no styles, no user programs etc, only the sounds.

I am reading another file on the roland CD that explains how to reformat the internal memory in case of trouble, then put in all the files from the backup.

But I now fear that I will be able to reformat the internal memory but not able to put all the system files in there. Don't know what to do. Do you know somebody who fixes digital keyboards for a reasonable fee?

any help appreciated.

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-27-2010).]

#289528 - 06/27/10 10:16 AM Re: Roland E-60 problem
Fran Carango Offline

#289529 - 06/27/10 12:20 PM Re: Roland E-60 problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
http://roland-arranger.com/index.php?

yeah, brilliant, I'll email Mr Roland tomorrow to see if he can come around and fix my keyboard. Thanks for letting me know the Roland website, very helpful. I didn't know they had a website. Now I know something I didn't.

#289530 - 06/27/10 06:36 PM Re: Roland E-60 problem
Fran Carango Offline

Check the site out before you get sarcastic...This is an independent group that could easily walk you thru your error ed ways..

Most of your problems are simply human error..

#289531 - 06/27/10 09:37 PM Re: Roland E-60 problem
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had the bender quit working last year on my E50. I took it to a local repair shop and it was a really easy fix, just a solder joint.
DonM

#289532 - 06/28/10 04:20 AM Re: Roland E-60 problem

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-28-2010).]

#289533 - 06/28/10 04:31 AM Re: Roland E-60 problem

fran carango, you are part of a group, you don't represent them, so quit trying to pass up as someone who represent a whole group and address yourself a user, not a group.

As for your 'human error' argument, no it's not, it's just that you like to write generalizations and pretend to know something when in fact you don't, which really don't help anybody.

and as for 'This is an independent group that could easily walk you thru your error ed ways..'
you evidently are someone who like playing games. What you are basically saying is 'I could walk you through but I won't', as if people are going to die without your infinite and enlightning knowledge.

I suggest you grow up. Be unhelpful and lazy if you like, but don't be too proud about it

#289534 - 06/28/10 04:50 AM Re: Roland E-60 problem
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
fran carango, you are part of a group, you don't represent them, so quit trying to pass up as someone who represent a whole group and address yourself a user, not a group.

As for your 'human error' argument, no it's not, it's just that you like to write generalizations and pretend to know something when in fact you don't, which really don't help anybody.

and as for 'This is an independent group that could easily walk you thru your error ed ways..'
you evidently are someone who like playing games. What you are basically saying is 'I could walk you through but I won't', as if people are going to die without your infinite and enlightning knowledge.

I suggest you grow up. Be unhelpful and lazy if you like, but don't be too proud about it

You don't have a clue...

You are the one that has the problem ..not me...I tried to direct you to folks that have the ability (that still own a E-60}..to help YOU...So you decided it was "Roland's" site...and Mr Roland had to visit you to correct your problem...So I explained to you that it was a group site...and you still didn't get it...

I have helped others with the E-60 in the past and will do so in the future...Your attitude, will have you look elsewhere for help...

One hint...Don't delete files ..especially when you don't know what you are doing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online