SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#289265 - 06/18/10 10:22 AM Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
A question for those of you that are familiar with the Technics Kn7000/Kn6500 Sequencer and the Style Composer.

I was able to do so much with every part of a style making just what I wanted, I can not, to my knowledge do this to my Tyros3. There was even a Piano Roll for editing page for the tracks of the Sequencer in Technics. It seems that I can not change the bass lines or edit the drum track or rewrite the accompaniment parts in my Tyros3.

My question – What main stream keyboard can give me the option to work on all parts of a style and sequencer?

Any help will be appreciated, John C.

#289266 - 06/18/10 10:35 AM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
john give us an example of the sorts of things you would do on the technics step by step and i can tell you if it can be done on the Korg. The korg Pa arrangers are generally recognised as the most flexible fully editable arrangers on the market.

#289267 - 06/18/10 11:26 AM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi John
If you go along to the support sections of the various manufactures sites, you can usually download the operating manuals, thus you will then be able to see which manufactures keyboard comes closest to the Technics.

Another alternative is to do it externally via a computer, as there are a number of programs out there especially for Yamaha Arrangers, which means you would not need to change from your Tyros 3

Bill

#289268 - 06/18/10 11:40 AM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Until now, the ONLY arranger manufacturer that gives the user FULL access to ALL the parameters to make styles without the need of special "software" is Korg, I recently develop with my business partner Juan Miguel Zarate some styles for them, soon to be released.
I did use only a regular SMF sequencer and the keyboard itself.

ALL the others, give you "some" VERY limited Access to parameters like if you want to make a Intro3 in Mayor then another Intro3 in minor tonality, and that goes for the "virtual CV1, CV1b, CV1c, etc" for every variation, fills, Endings, etc, so, until those manufacturers do what APPLE is doing, giving access to programmers all over the world to develop apps, you can guess "who" benefits?, as everybody have seen the Apple adds, they even use that as a tool for marketing....more apps for their products to make them even more appealing.....for some reason, Apple is successful.

------------------
mdorantes

#289269 - 06/18/10 12:03 PM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
Dnj Offline

Roland G70

#289270 - 06/18/10 12:20 PM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
Until now, the ONLY arranger manufacturer that gives the user FULL access to ALL the parameters to make styles without the need of special "software" is Korg, I recently develop with my business partner Juan Miguel Zarate some styles for them, soon to be released.
I did use only a regular SMF sequencer and the keyboard itself.

ALL the others, give you "some" VERY limited Access to parameters like if you want to make a Intro3 in Mayor then another Intro3 in minor tonality, and that goes for the "virtual CV1, CV1b, CV1c, etc" for every variation, fills, Endings, etc, so, until those manufacturers do what APPLE is doing, giving access to programmers all over the world to develop apps, you can guess "who" benefits?, as everybody have seen the Apple adds, they even use that as a tool for marketing....more apps for their products to make them even more appealing.....for some reason, Apple is successful.

Shows just how uninformed people are..especially products they know nothing about...

Roland arranger keyboards.....going back to the E series ..example E-600...also the VA series and all the G series too...were all sophisticated enough...to make styles from scratch (why you would want to..is another matter.. )...

If one was to understand Korg , Roland etc....you would know Roland detail control of style making exceeds Korg....As an example..Roland's micro edit is still the most detailed edit tool of all the arrangers...

John, I would be very surprised..if you could not originate styles in a similar way on the Tyros....Maybe someone that has "know how" about the Yamaha method will chime in...and not just the misleading comments as above..

#289271 - 06/18/10 01:01 PM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
On my Kn7000 Technics I was able to edit every part of a style.
1-Change instruments – Ty3 can do.
2-Change volumes of each Accompaniment part. –Ty3 can do.
3-Delete an accompaniment and record my own. –Ty3 can not.
4-Record my own bass line. Ty3 can not
5-Change a drum set – Ty3 can do but very limited.
6-Change the instruments in the drum set and their volumes – Ty3 can not.
And there is no user set of drums.

I was fairly satisfied when I was doing jobs with the Yamaha, I accepted the styles pretty much as is – having so many available styles made the task acceptable. Now in partial retirement I would like to enjoy my keyboard by creating or editing styles and sequencing. Gotta have something to leave my kids. (smile)

I do have the Cakewalk/Sonar sequencing program but I was hoping to do it all with my keyboard as I did with the Kn7000.
Will a Yamaha Tyros3 keyboard allow the changes I make in the Cakewalk/Sonar sequencing program. This is where I run short.

Again, any help is much appreciated, John C.

#289272 - 06/18/10 01:24 PM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
Dnj Offline

John Fran is right Roland shines in this department above all.

#289273 - 06/18/10 01:32 PM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
all of that can be done on the Korg PA products

#289274 - 06/18/10 02:03 PM Re: Which Keyboard for Sequencing and Styles
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
all of that can be done on the Korg PA products

I have found KORG a bit more tedius vs the ROLAND's makeup tools to edit.....imo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online