SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#289023 - 06/12/10 11:26 AM Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?topic=25424.msg247570;topicseen#msg247570

#289024 - 06/12/10 11:36 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Bachus Offline

Strange i have heared rumors from Musik messe visitors that Yamaha had a new Motif model finished, but that they where holding back release because either Roland or Korg was also releasing a new instrument and somehow Yamaha wanted to be sure that their new flagship was the top...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#289025 - 06/12/10 11:52 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
It's all very much a game.

Commit to nothing by announcing it, but have something ready to go if the others make a move.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-12-2010).]

#289026 - 06/12/10 12:18 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I dont know why Yammy would compete with Korg while they actually own a lot of the company...
on the other hand i know Korg's WS will be comng this year...an M3 replacement.

#289027 - 06/12/10 12:35 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I've heard a rumor or two, but they are just that...rumors.

I believe the PSR-S910 broke with the usual cycle, so anything is possible.

Ian

#289028 - 06/13/10 07:06 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Why this is absolutely stunning I tell ya'!

Yamaha broke their normal "3" year cycle and will have a Tyros 4 (or whatever they decide to call it) out for the holidays! Or at least that is what I'm hoping anyway.

You must realize that Yamaha has "in the past" occasionally broken from their normal 3 year cycle as evidenced by the "2" year transition from Motif to Motif ES. It can and does happen.

Yamaha is wanting to "capitalize" on the strength of their market share by continuing to "stay on top" of the competition by bringing new and exciting technology keyboard products to the forefront of the public's attention. Roland is 'frothing at the mouth' lagging behind considerably in the arranger market arena whilst the whole world waits (so far in vain) for a G70 replacement. Korg, on the other hand, has a fairly decent and relatively current product in their Pa2XPRO but it's over 2 years old now and growing somewhat long in the tooth as well.

Enter Yamaha! A brilliant move by Yamaha if indeed they can release a stunningly new technology based SUPER arranger (new random variable style play function) by years end. By doing so (especially if we see a version with 76 keys) the arranger world will suddenly be beholden anew to Yamaha's breathtakingly new product released at a competitive price point and making the holidays a truly exciting time to look forward to.

Hey! The reason I'm so excited is because I need a high end arranger and so far Roland and Korg have let me down and Ketron is too expensive (for what you get). Roland is dilly dallying and Korg's Pa2Xpro has less polyphony than my 9 year old PSR 2000 had, plus some other shortcomings. Plus the fact I really like Yamaha's OS navigation and generally their overall sound quality over the arranger competition as well.

This is really GOOD NEWS if it's true. Let's hope it is and for my sake let's hope it also comes in a 76 key flavor too huh? And that it also comes in at around 35-40 lbs too. I would say 30 lbs or under but I doubt Yamaha would use the ultra light composites necessary to achieve that weight constraint limit. I can deal with 35-40 lbs though. The only thing that will be the real deal breaker would be if there's no 76 key version. We'll see...

All the best,
Mike

#289029 - 06/13/10 07:19 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Dnj Offline

Finally something to talk about besides Audya

#289030 - 06/13/10 09:59 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Why this is absolutely stunning I tell ya'!

Yamaha broke their normal "3" year cycle and will have a Tyros 4 (or whatever they decide to call it) out for the holidays! Or at least that is what I'm hoping anyway.

You must realize that Yamaha has "in the past" occasionally broken from their normal 3 year cycle as evidenced by the "2" year transition from Motif to Motif ES. It can and does happen.

Yamaha is wanting to "capitalize" on the strength of their market share by continuing to "stay on top" of the competition by bringing new and exciting technology keyboard products to the forefront of the public's attention. Roland is 'frothing at the mouth' lagging behind considerably in the arranger market arena whilst the whole world waits (so far in vain) for a G70 replacement. Korg, on the other hand, has a fairly decent and relatively current product in their Pa2XPRO but it's over 2 years old now and growing somewhat long in the tooth as well.

Enter Yamaha! A brilliant move by Yamaha if indeed they can release a stunningly new technology based SUPER arranger (new random variable style play function) by years end. By doing so (especially if we see a version with 76 keys) the arranger world will suddenly be beholden anew to Yamaha's breathtakingly new product released at a competitive price point and making the holidays a truly exciting time to look forward to.

Hey! The reason I'm so excited is because I need a high end arranger and so far Roland and Korg have let me down and Ketron is too expensive (for what you get). Roland is dilly dallying and Korg's Pa2Xpro has less polyphony than my 9 year old PSR 2000 had, plus some other shortcomings. Plus the fact I really like Yamaha's OS navigation and generally their overall sound quality over the arranger competition as well.

This is really GOOD NEWS if it's true. Let's hope it is and for my sake let's hope it also comes in a 76 key flavor too huh? And that it also comes in at around 35-40 lbs too. I would say 30 lbs or under but I doubt Yamaha would use the ultra light composites necessary to achieve that weight constraint limit. I can deal with 35-40 lbs though. The only thing that will be the real deal breaker would be if there's no 76 key version. We'll see...

All the best,
Mike

Don't count on a 76 key version, Yamaha syill thinks noboddy will buy a 76 key version. the PSR 9000 Pro did not sell well enough.

For yamaha 76 key arrangers is a nichemarket not worth spending development time on.

But then, everyone changes their mind from time to time, so the instrument released in December could just as well be a T3 Pro

#289031 - 06/14/10 06:30 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
IF the game does go down and everyone shows their hand, I think KETRON are going to be in one of the worst positions the company has ever been in.

On one hand you will have KETRON's very expensive old and outdated technology that is still unbelievably not finished and working right.

And on the other hand you will have the latest cutting edge technology from the big 3 that will sell for far less and offer WAY more than Ketron could ever, and will also be a finished product on the day of it's release.

James

#289032 - 06/14/10 06:38 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Yamaha does not own any part of Korg, they did at one time had an investment but that was a long time ago.

And if that was true, Yamaha would have better sounding drums

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#289033 - 06/14/10 10:18 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
One slight correction. The PSR 2000 had "64" note polyphony. My bad. I should have rather compared the original Tyros (7 1/2 years old) which had "128" note polyphony, to the Pa2Xpro which has "120" note polyphony. I might also point out that several Yammie mid-range boards i.e. the PSR-S700/900/710/910 all have 128 note polyphony as well.

I do like the Korg Pa2xPRO but I hate to lose those extra 8 notes of polyphony that I enjoyed with my Tyros especially when we're talking about full blown arranger playing which can eat through polyphony in no time.

FWIW, I'm still waiting for the day when Yamaha and Roland (and others) can get 'beyond' the "128" note polyphony threshold. Ketron has a leg up on the competition with the Audya's 197 note polyphony but that's a $5,000 plus dollar "leg" we're talking about right? lol

All the best,
Mike

#289034 - 06/15/10 06:37 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
leezone Offline

what will come out first?

TYROS 4 or AUDYA 4/5

#289035 - 06/15/10 07:10 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:

TYROS 4 or AUDYA 4/5

http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/Ketron/Audya_4_Module
http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/Ketron/Audya_5_Keyboard

#289036 - 06/15/10 07:36 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Dnj Offline

Audya 5

3,799.00 GBP = 5,616.10 USD

#289037 - 06/15/10 08:14 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Audya 5

3,799.00 GBP = 5,616.10 USD

US will be cheeper because of Tax advantages in the US...

there is like 20% salestax overhere in Europe

#289038 - 06/15/10 10:49 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Dnj Offline

I hope they are not OUT Pricing themslves in the market. What is their strategy? sell less units at higher prices?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-15-2010).]

#289039 - 06/15/10 10:55 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
abacus Offline

Audya US price $4999 = £3375
Audya UK price £4299 = $6368
As you can see, straight conversion of prices ($ - £, £ - $) bares no relationship to actual prices in their respective countries.
Bill

#289040 - 06/15/10 11:06 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
abacus Offline

Here is a Tyros 3 comparison
Tyros 3 US $4599 = £3106
Tyros 3 UK £2883 = $4269
Using the above comparisons, when the Audya 5 gets to the US, it will probably be about the same price as a Tyros 3
Bill

#289041 - 06/15/10 12:22 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:

TYROS 4 or AUDYA 4/5

What do you think Leezone, you could ask AJ for a COUNTDOWN prediction, on second thoughts just ask him about the football!

I am a bit worried about what James said about Ketron hope he's wrong, but I have a feeling that James is usually right.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#289042 - 06/15/10 12:24 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Here is a Tyros 3 comparison
Tyros 3 US $4599 = £3106
Tyros 3 UK £2883 = $4269
Using the above comparisons, when the Audya 5 gets to the US, it will probably be about the same price as a Tyros 3
Bill

Bill is it my eyes or is your maths tosh.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#289043 - 06/15/10 12:50 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
IF the game does go down and everyone shows their hand, I think KETRON are going to be in one of the worst positions the company has ever been in.

Don't you think its about time everyone shows their hand.

Selling people outdated technollogy at these prices is almost like cheeting customers out of their money.

#289044 - 06/15/10 01:04 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Don't you think its about time everyone shows their hand.

Selling people outdated technollogy at these prices is almost like cheeting customers out of their money.

Yea but you get live drums right Lee? did you order yours yet?

#289045 - 06/15/10 03:15 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Bill is it my eyes or is your maths tosh.

Audya US price $4999 = £3375
Audya UK price £4299 = $6368
Tyros 3 US $4599 = £3106
Tyros 3 UK £2883 = $4269

The US Audya is $4999 and tyros 3 $4599 therefore as the Audya 5 is cheaper then the standard Audya, there is a very good chance that it will be similar in price to the T3

Bill

#289046 - 06/15/10 06:44 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Such a storm in a teacup... the whole thing comes from one salesman trying to make a sale by implying that he is offering the T3 at a lower price because there's a T4 in the works...

And you actually BELIEVE him? A salesman?

I do not see any POINT in a T4 this year. What, exactly, is beating it sales-wise? What is blowing it away technologically? Surely NOT the Audya... Maybe if it actually WORKED well, was widely available, well supported and cheaper, OK, MAYBE Yamaha got a reason. But it doesn't...

Korg need to go another generation just to catch up to Yamaha. DNC is cool, but there aren't any samples for it to use...

No new Roland TOTL product, even in Rumor-Land.

And, it's probably safe to say, with the economic downturn, this is probably the lowest selling Tyros so far. Yamaha would certainly want to get as much from it before they HAVE to come out with something new, and with no pressure on it from a superior product, what on earth would make Yamaha decrease their product cycle..?

I don't buy it... Last time a salesman conned me, I ended up owning a piece of the Brooklyn Bridge! I have a feeling that many of you are shareholders too, now!

#289047 - 06/15/10 06:48 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

I do not see any POINT in a T4 this year. What, exactly, is beating it sales-wise? What is blowing it away technologically? Surely NOT the Audya... Maybe if it actually WORKED well, was widely available, well supported and cheaper, OK, MAYBE Yamaha got a reason. But it doesn't...

Korg need to go another generation just to catch up to Yamaha. DNC is cool, but there aren't any samples for it to use...

No new Roland TOTL product, even in Rumor-Land.

And, it's probably safe to say, with the economic downturn, this is probably the lowest selling Tyros so far. Yamaha would certainly want to get as much from it before they HAVE to come out with something new, and with no pressure on it from a superior product, what on earth would make Yamaha decrease their product cycle..?

I don't buy it... Last time a salesman conned me, I ended up owning a piece of the Brooklyn Bridge! I have a feeling that many of you are shareholders too, now!

I'm with you Dikki, what a pity that the Audya has not delivered, that would have been the best reason for Yamaha to try to better the stus quo, but i cant see it until, there is real competition out there

#289048 - 06/15/10 07:44 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Regarding 76 keys...??
What develpment time...none needed. Just a little bigger keyed, a few more samples in some cases(maybe some sound tweeking?) and a different case.
Simple.

I tell you it's politics, the PRO group does not want a 76 key T.

Lee S.

#289049 - 06/15/10 09:24 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
leezone Offline

AUYDA may have "old" technology
but is the only one with
real audio drums,
real audio guitar accomp,
the only one that actually sounds live, like a band

and if you doubt that,
then try the AUDYA out for yourself next to ANY of your awesome BIG 3 arrangers and you'll see

wheres my "old" AUDYA4?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online