SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#289023 - 06/12/10 11:26 AM Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?topic=25424.msg247570;topicseen#msg247570

#289024 - 06/12/10 11:36 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Bachus Offline

Strange i have heared rumors from Musik messe visitors that Yamaha had a new Motif model finished, but that they where holding back release because either Roland or Korg was also releasing a new instrument and somehow Yamaha wanted to be sure that their new flagship was the top...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#289025 - 06/12/10 11:52 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
It's all very much a game.

Commit to nothing by announcing it, but have something ready to go if the others make a move.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-12-2010).]

#289026 - 06/12/10 12:18 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I dont know why Yammy would compete with Korg while they actually own a lot of the company...
on the other hand i know Korg's WS will be comng this year...an M3 replacement.

#289027 - 06/12/10 12:35 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I've heard a rumor or two, but they are just that...rumors.

I believe the PSR-S910 broke with the usual cycle, so anything is possible.

Ian

#289028 - 06/13/10 07:06 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Why this is absolutely stunning I tell ya'!

Yamaha broke their normal "3" year cycle and will have a Tyros 4 (or whatever they decide to call it) out for the holidays! Or at least that is what I'm hoping anyway.

You must realize that Yamaha has "in the past" occasionally broken from their normal 3 year cycle as evidenced by the "2" year transition from Motif to Motif ES. It can and does happen.

Yamaha is wanting to "capitalize" on the strength of their market share by continuing to "stay on top" of the competition by bringing new and exciting technology keyboard products to the forefront of the public's attention. Roland is 'frothing at the mouth' lagging behind considerably in the arranger market arena whilst the whole world waits (so far in vain) for a G70 replacement. Korg, on the other hand, has a fairly decent and relatively current product in their Pa2XPRO but it's over 2 years old now and growing somewhat long in the tooth as well.

Enter Yamaha! A brilliant move by Yamaha if indeed they can release a stunningly new technology based SUPER arranger (new random variable style play function) by years end. By doing so (especially if we see a version with 76 keys) the arranger world will suddenly be beholden anew to Yamaha's breathtakingly new product released at a competitive price point and making the holidays a truly exciting time to look forward to.

Hey! The reason I'm so excited is because I need a high end arranger and so far Roland and Korg have let me down and Ketron is too expensive (for what you get). Roland is dilly dallying and Korg's Pa2Xpro has less polyphony than my 9 year old PSR 2000 had, plus some other shortcomings. Plus the fact I really like Yamaha's OS navigation and generally their overall sound quality over the arranger competition as well.

This is really GOOD NEWS if it's true. Let's hope it is and for my sake let's hope it also comes in a 76 key flavor too huh? And that it also comes in at around 35-40 lbs too. I would say 30 lbs or under but I doubt Yamaha would use the ultra light composites necessary to achieve that weight constraint limit. I can deal with 35-40 lbs though. The only thing that will be the real deal breaker would be if there's no 76 key version. We'll see...

All the best,
Mike

#289029 - 06/13/10 07:19 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Dnj Offline

Finally something to talk about besides Audya

#289030 - 06/13/10 09:59 PM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Why this is absolutely stunning I tell ya'!

Yamaha broke their normal "3" year cycle and will have a Tyros 4 (or whatever they decide to call it) out for the holidays! Or at least that is what I'm hoping anyway.

You must realize that Yamaha has "in the past" occasionally broken from their normal 3 year cycle as evidenced by the "2" year transition from Motif to Motif ES. It can and does happen.

Yamaha is wanting to "capitalize" on the strength of their market share by continuing to "stay on top" of the competition by bringing new and exciting technology keyboard products to the forefront of the public's attention. Roland is 'frothing at the mouth' lagging behind considerably in the arranger market arena whilst the whole world waits (so far in vain) for a G70 replacement. Korg, on the other hand, has a fairly decent and relatively current product in their Pa2XPRO but it's over 2 years old now and growing somewhat long in the tooth as well.

Enter Yamaha! A brilliant move by Yamaha if indeed they can release a stunningly new technology based SUPER arranger (new random variable style play function) by years end. By doing so (especially if we see a version with 76 keys) the arranger world will suddenly be beholden anew to Yamaha's breathtakingly new product released at a competitive price point and making the holidays a truly exciting time to look forward to.

Hey! The reason I'm so excited is because I need a high end arranger and so far Roland and Korg have let me down and Ketron is too expensive (for what you get). Roland is dilly dallying and Korg's Pa2Xpro has less polyphony than my 9 year old PSR 2000 had, plus some other shortcomings. Plus the fact I really like Yamaha's OS navigation and generally their overall sound quality over the arranger competition as well.

This is really GOOD NEWS if it's true. Let's hope it is and for my sake let's hope it also comes in a 76 key flavor too huh? And that it also comes in at around 35-40 lbs too. I would say 30 lbs or under but I doubt Yamaha would use the ultra light composites necessary to achieve that weight constraint limit. I can deal with 35-40 lbs though. The only thing that will be the real deal breaker would be if there's no 76 key version. We'll see...

All the best,
Mike

Don't count on a 76 key version, Yamaha syill thinks noboddy will buy a 76 key version. the PSR 9000 Pro did not sell well enough.

For yamaha 76 key arrangers is a nichemarket not worth spending development time on.

But then, everyone changes their mind from time to time, so the instrument released in December could just as well be a T3 Pro

http://keyszone.boards.net

#289031 - 06/14/10 06:30 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
IF the game does go down and everyone shows their hand, I think KETRON are going to be in one of the worst positions the company has ever been in.

On one hand you will have KETRON's very expensive old and outdated technology that is still unbelievably not finished and working right.

And on the other hand you will have the latest cutting edge technology from the big 3 that will sell for far less and offer WAY more than Ketron could ever, and will also be a finished product on the day of it's release.

James

#289032 - 06/14/10 06:38 AM Re: Is Tyros 4 on the way this year
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Yamaha does not own any part of Korg, they did at one time had an investment but that was a long time ago.

And if that was true, Yamaha would have better sounding drums

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online