SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#288934 - 06/11/10 07:44 AM Re: My new Groove machine
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
My left hand makes riding anything with a clutch difficult. At the office, I keep a small 150 cc Kymco scooter. It will do 60 mph tops, has a windshield and an extra carry box on the back and is automatic. It's great to run around town on. You can park in alleys, beside buildings, etc.

Several manufacturers make bigger ones. Kymco is a big company in Taiwan. Sym is the other. They make a good portion of the best two wheelers in the world. The biggest engine SYM makes is a 250cc. It has an 80 plus MPH top end but is a little sluggish on the take-off. Kymco makes a 500 cc. I tried the SYM out yesterday and will try the Kymco out this week-end.

Only thing: It's really HARD to be cool on a motor scooter! That is unless it's one of the older restored Cushmans I have.

Russ (scooter nerd) Lay

#288935 - 06/11/10 04:28 PM Re: My new Groove machine
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Only thing: It's really HARD to be cool on a motor scooter! That is unless it's one of the older restored Cushmans I have.

Russ (scooter nerd) Lay

Russ, I keep a couple of bikes around for my bike-riding musician friends who may stop by for a visit.

For my ORGAN playing friends:

For my ARRANGER playing friends:

For my YAMAHA arranger playing friends:

chas

#288936 - 06/11/10 04:45 PM Re: My new Groove machine
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Considering you are a closet Tyros2 arranger player, the last one is especially poignant.

Must look cool lashed to the back of the Shadow in case the latter falls over...

#288937 - 06/12/10 02:04 PM Re: My new Groove machine
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Pretty funny! I like the Shadow-because cruisers have always been my favorites, but the others you posted a while back were cool, too!

R.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online