SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#288425 - 05/30/10 04:06 AM Were are the USA/Canada Online Keyboard Shows
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Most shows seem to be over the UK/Europe side, (With Asia also having separate promotions) and I was wondering if there were any in the USA/Canada, and If not, Why not?
There are plenty of Pro Players in the USA/Canada to be able to put an online show together, as well as bringing it to the attention of the manufactures. (This should allow the USA/Canada more say in what they want on a keyboard, (Just like Europe/Asia does) rather than being treated as an almost total irrelevance) It’s no coincidence that the Europe/Asia market pretty much dictates what gets put on arrangers.
It will be interesting to see the opinions of SZ members.

Bill

#288426 - 05/30/10 08:04 AM Re: Were are the USA/Canada Online Keyboard Shows
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Bill.

I've never heard of any online show before. Not even sure how that would even work.

As for actual shows, don't you guys have NAMM ? Not that it matters anyway, a show like that does not dictate the direction a product is going to take as far as it's content goes. Information like that is constantly being evaluated, tweaked and implemented.

While arrangers are more popular in Aisa and Europe, they don't dictate the content either. Aisa / Turkey / Oriental markets are directly addressed by KORG, but the main arrangers come with universal content for the European and American markets.

You guys are not playing songs we don't play here. Country music for example is pretty much universal.

So no one market is dictating what everyone else has to listen to. Everyone gets a very nice bite of the apple.

Regards
James

#288427 - 05/30/10 10:57 AM Re: Were are the USA/Canada Online Keyboard Shows
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi James
What I meant to say was Online Radio/Video Shows like Organfax etc., but done in the USA/Canada.

You will find most of the Yamaha Arranger voicing is done by UK Artists (Martin Harris is pretty much the T3) with the rest heavily influenced by Europe. (Virtually no input is taken from the USA/Canada)

I have started a new thread with a more appropriate title so as to cut down on confusion http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021270.html

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online