SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >
Topic Options
#288102 - 06/10/10 07:07 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
read the article better:

The court was first one world wide who recognize copyright on rom styles and only in China and Yamaha is first companhy claim this.

such as the article claims

Most of the Yamaha styles available are not ROM styles either, i can allways buy Yamaha styles and use them on Lionstracs.. or live-styler.

And user developed and shared (Yamaha formet) styles are most of the time free.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#288103 - 06/10/10 11:14 AM Re: OS 4.3...
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Most of the Yamaha styles available are not ROM styles either, i can allways buy Yamaha styles and use them on Lionstracs.. or live-styler.

And user developed and shared (Yamaha formet) styles are most of the time free.

i know that,i mean something else.........

something that has copyright somewhere in the world, has in a different place no copyright,
that is the point that you can see from that article.

the court was the only worldwide, and only in China and first court, which recognizes Copyright on Yamaha Rom Styles............

what you are saying to me about purchase Yamaha-Ketron-Roland.......... styles or third party styles , I have long before said on another topic to others.

Search the topic

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-10-2010).]

#288104 - 06/10/10 02:58 PM Re: OS 4.3...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
AFG. Dom Liontrac is walking on very thin ice. The copywrite laws in China are substantially the same in the US and the rest of the western Nations. China has signed up to the Berne Convention and the decade-old Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights .

If you are hinting that yamaha could not win a copywrite case like this outside of china you could not be more wrong.....

#288105 - 06/10/10 02:59 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
James, what is the difference between the samples that YOU made, and the samples that Yamaha made?

Why should YOURS not be copied, but Yamaha's can...?

#288106 - 06/10/10 03:36 PM Re: OS 4.3...
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
AFG. Dom Liontrac is walking on very thin ice. The copywrite laws in China are substantially the same in the US and the rest of the western Nations. China has signed up to the Berne Convention and the decade-old Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights .

If you are hinting that yamaha could not win a copywrite case like this outside of china you could not be more wrong.....

where have you seen I have said what you say???

I even said to Diki here:

D-i-k-i

why Yamaha does not do anything against this.....................?

Why Yamaha will not warning Lionstracs???
are they crazy to remain calm and do nothing if is illegal what Lionstracs sound Developers are doing??????????

do you think that Domenico risk the existence of his company to start with this without knowing anything about Law about this?????????

he's much smarter than you think.

sure he thought about everything.

So why are you glowing more then Light Bulb(Yamaha) itself???????????

declaration against copyright infringement is not expensive for Yamaha or else?????

and I have clearly written to you:

read the article better:

The court was first one world wide who recognize copyright on rom styles and only in China and Yamaha is first companhy claim this.

again:

again:

it was not my article but from Yamaha........

and spalding1968 you talking about something that you do not know how to write:

Copyright and not and not the way you write copywrite.

My English is bad, but I know what you wrote means something different...........

#288107 - 06/10/10 04:42 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Diki.

The only difference is in how it's packaged. I give you the raw files (my complete work) to access, Yamaha does not. Their data is encoded onto a chip and all you ever have access to is the recording they took from someone else product.

So Yamaha have as much right to the sound as the guys that build the instrument they took the sound from. If they were to bring a lawsuit against you for sampling a sound, they would have to explain their own activities.

Regards
James

#288108 - 06/10/10 04:46 PM Re: OS 4.3...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
AFG this is what you said

'something that has copyright somewhere in the world, has in a different place no copyright,
that is the point that you can see from that article.

the court was the only worldwide, and only in China and first court, which recognizes Copyright on Yamaha Rom Styles...'

If i have misunderstood you it is because of what you wrote. The fact that China was the first place to recognise copyright of styles means what to you ? That only china will recognise this international right ? Or its the first time yamaha pursued a company for piracy of its styles ?

Dont worry about my spelling. Thats just pettiness. Concentrate on the substance of the argument. If the styles are intellectual property and anyone has used them contrary to the authors permission without purchasing them then it is an infringment of the international copyright agreements. No doubt the 4 companies in China felt that yamaha would not or could not pursue them just like Liontracs.They had traded for several years using yamaha styles .....but they got CAUGHT EVENTUALLY . And that is the real point of the article.

The fact that It happened in china fisrt is irrelevant.

Perhaps you had better read the article again yourself.

Here are the salient points.

'The Court’s judgment recognized virtually all of Yamaha’s assertions and contained the following major points:
(1) The Court recognized that Style Data is intellectual property that is to be protected under copyright laws.
(2) The Court recognized that Yamaha holds the copyright to the 26 Style Data that were examined and deliberated.
(3) In addition to recognizing that the actions of the defendants were violations of copyrights, the Court issued orders forbidding the use of Yamaha’s 26 Style Data in the defendants’ products and forbidding the sale of products incorporating Yamaha’s 26 Style Data. The Court also ordered the defendants to pay compensation for damages to Yamaha and to publish an apology in the newspapers.'

I dont know why yamaha have not pursued dom yet but it certainly is not because they cant. An international precedent has already been set. My guess is when Liontracs becomes big enough to be worthwhile sueing Dom will hear from some lawyers.

And please dont tell me how smart dom is. He is arrogant not smart.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 06-10-2010).]

#288109 - 06/10/10 05:15 PM Re: OS 4.3...
AFG Music Offline

#288110 - 06/10/10 06:41 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi AFG, hi spalding.

If you guys are talking Styles only then this is an non issue.

Neither the developer of Live Arranger or Lionstracs sell a product that contains copyrighted styles.

Regards
James

#288111 - 06/10/10 07:06 PM Re: OS 4.3...
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
[b]Hi AFG, hi spalding.

If you guys are talking Styles only then this is an non issue.

hi James,

Diki wrote:

Seriously, James, have you ever considered what this means? Let us just assume that everyone BUT me is right on this issue. There is NO SUCH THING as copyright. Styles, sounds, software, music, none of it has any protection at all... I mean, if everyone's OK with copying every sound out of an Audya, why not every sound off a Madonna CD? (it's all just waveforms, ain't it? )

Is it just me, or doesn't anyone see any serious consequences to rampant piracy? Honestly, are you ALL amateurs, or is there someone on this thread that makes a living recording music? Producing samples? Creating music software..?

Then I have given my response on that.

then there were others who responded to me.

Before that I only talked about sampling as you can see.

I also tried to clarify if Yamaha won a lawsuit about styles,why are they silent against hardware music instrument sound sampling?

that is the point.

You've certainly read this post about sampling too,

D-i-k-i

why Yamaha does not do anything against this.....................?

Why Yamaha will not warning Lionstracs???
are they crazy to remain calm and do nothing if is illegal what Lionstracs sound Developers are doing??????????

do you think that Domenico risk the existence of his company to start with this without knowing anything about Law about this?????????

he's much smarter than you think.

sure he thought about everything.

So why are you glowing more then Light Bulb(Yamaha) itself???????????

declaration against copyright infringement is not expensive for Yamaha or else?????

Quote:

Neither the developer of Live Arranger or Lionstracs sell a product that contains copyrighted styles.

Regards
James

yes, i know read please my answer to Bachus on this page

thanks

Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online