SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 >
Topic Options
#288022 - 05/29/10 06:24 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Just looked up the prices of that hardware..

Can you just imagine the speed of that monster. If money was no object, throw a 256GB SSD in there and it would be totally insane. Drooling here.

The second prices start to drop on SSD's I'll be putting one on my own Meidastation.

Regards
James

#288023 - 05/31/10 02:39 PM Re: OS 4.3...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
A small OS update candy...

still some script text sampler feedback to optimize and then is ready..
For today enough.

#288024 - 05/31/10 02:45 PM Re: OS 4.3...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Its looking good Domenico!!

Looks like you have the multiple LSCP's sorted too...Sweet!!

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 05-31-2010).]

#288025 - 05/31/10 05:12 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Excellent.
This will come in extremely handy for me because I've got a virtual SD2 running on my Mediastation right now

Regards
James

#288026 - 05/31/10 05:26 PM Re: OS 4.3...
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Excellent.
This will come in extremely handy for me because I've got a virtual SD2 running on my Mediastation right now

Regards
James

Hi James,

Where did the virtual SD2 come from? Did you sample your hardware SD2?

Is is possible to buy it somewhere? Coz I cannot find an SD2 out here anywhere (s/h that is, I am not paying new prices )

Dennis

#288027 - 05/31/10 06:15 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis.

Quote:
Where did the virtual SD2 come from? Did you sample your hardware SD2?

Yes I sampled my unit, not all of it though. There are 4 banks of sound, each with 128 sounds in them. Bank A is the core GM bank and that's what I've sampled. That and all the drum kits.

I haven't touched the other 3 banks yet.

Quote:
Is is possible to buy it somewhere? Coz I cannot find an SD2 out here anywhere (s/h that is, I am not paying new prices

Domenico said above that someone has already cloned the SD2 and the Audya so I assume he's going to release that for free.

I'd love to know who done the work and how much effort they put in. It's not easy to do this right and the amount of time it would have taken to sample all 512 sounds is insane. Can't imagine anyone wanting to do that amount of work for free. It's a massive job.

Regards
James

#288028 - 05/31/10 06:22 PM Re: OS 4.3...
miden Offline

Yeah, I agree. Thats why I was asking if you would be prepared to sell a licence to me to use your samples.

Although I am not sure of the copyright with Ketron, or if thats allowed??

In any case I should be able to assign the LA out to VST's I think..So its probably a moot point.

I have not gone that far into LA...Yet!!

Dennis

#288029 - 05/31/10 09:19 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
A small OS update candy...

still some script text sampler feedback to optimize and then is ready..
For today enough.

If all of those soundsets will be high quallity, then we are getting close to walhalla...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#288030 - 05/31/10 10:05 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Domenic claimed someone had cloned the T2 back in the day... I wonder what happened to that?

We certainly have never heard a T2 style played on the MS that sounded anything like a T2!

James is right in the herculean scale of adequately sampling an entire arranger's worth of sounds. Plus, as he well knows, it isn't just about sampling each sound once... you have to take envelopes, modulations and velocity x-splits into account, all across the usable range of the sound. It's just another of those ideas that SEEM like a good idea until you realize the workload involved to get an adequate result...

#288031 - 06/01/10 04:24 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Domenic claimed someone had cloned the T2 back in the day... I wonder what happened to that?

There is a Tyros folder on the keyboard that contains lots of sounds. The problem is whoever did the work never finished what they started. Many sounds are not even looped, nor is there a LSCP file to use the sound in a GM Bank for style playback.

Quote:
James is right in the herculean scale of adequately sampling an entire arranger's worth of sounds. Plus, as he well knows, it isn't just about sampling each sound once... you have to take envelopes, modulations and velocity x-splits into account, all across the usable range of the sound. It's just another of those ideas that SEEM like a good idea until you realize the workload involved to get an adequate result...

Yes, sampling is an art. You have to be seriously committed to the task in order to do it right. I've been doing this 15 years and I will tell anyone straight out, it's a long and painful process to achieve top quality results.

Take my Virtual SD2 for example. I had to listen to each and every sound in detail one by one and adjust my key maps so that I capture the right notes in order to reproduce the sound as close to the original as possible. Then I have to take the time to loop each and every single sample that makes up each sound. In the end I then have to turn around and make the LSCP file so it will run on the keyboard for style playback. The entire process takes a very very long time even for someone like me and it's by no means easy.

Do it right though and the results are fantastic. I've already done some A vs B tests to compare the actual SD2 to my Virtual SD2 and it's extremely hard to tell the difference between them. It's also worth the effort in the end for me because now I don't have to touch a Ketron style and I get very good results out of the box with no tweaks.

Regards
James

Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online