SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 >
Topic Options
#288012 - 05/28/10 12:44 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Excellent can't wait.

Just finished an intense two days in the Studio here and I ended up only using two keyboards for the entire project. That's a first for me, normally I'd draw on everything I own. Lol... My trusty AKAI S5000 sat this one out for the first time every.

I guess it works out about at 60% OASYS - 40% Mediastation for this project. The Mediastation was doing all the mega Sample based stuff and the OASYS was doing drums and the evolving synth based stuff. Very enjoyable and what a totally mind blowing setup it is to own both fine instruments.

Best of the best.

Regards
James

#288013 - 05/28/10 01:45 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Dnj Offline

Thats Great James it must sound awesome for sure. Would love to hear a few snippets if you would when its done.

Good Luck

#288014 - 05/28/10 03:44 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Excellent can't wait.

Just finished an intense two days in the Studio here and I ended up only using two keyboards for the entire project. That's a first for me, normally I'd draw on everything I own. Lol... My trusty AKAI S5000 sat this one out for the first time every.

I guess it works out about at 60% OASYS - 40% Mediastation for this project. The Mediastation was doing all the mega Sample based stuff and the OASYS was doing drums and the evolving synth based stuff. Very enjoyable and what a totally mind blowing setup it is to own both fine instruments.

Best of the best.

Regards
James

Seems you have the best of both worlds...Best sounding closed synth with Karma onboard combined with the most advanced open arranger.

While they don't realise but most keyboard players can only dream about this combination.

Still its sad there are only so few Oasys sold, and i don't think Korg will make an improved version of it anytime soon.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#288015 - 05/28/10 10:00 PM Re: OS 4.3...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i think its about time that the MS had styles specifically programmed for its internall sounds. Now we should be able to see the true potential of well balanced skillfully programmed styles on par with the likes of roland, yamaha and Korg instead of the passable to good styles it has had so far. This would at least get it into the starting blocks as an arranger.

#288016 - 05/28/10 11:56 PM Re: OS 4.3...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
MAYBE with the OS 4.3, we release also the new mainboards drivers for the Groove X-7 EXTREME3

USB 3.0!
SATA 3-6Gb!
Six core CPU.
16Gb RAM DDR3-1600!
Dual Sata3 HD 1Tb RAID.
This hardware and special OS wil be released ONLY for the Xtreme3 Groove models.

Just tested and full working!

here the Groove X7 Extreme3, with the new AM3-770Extreme3 mainboard, Six core CPU and Sata3/6Gb HD 1Tb.. of course..USB3 included.

I'm uploading on youtube the video hardware to prove it.

about the OS 4.3..we delay it some days untill is also ready the new Big features and new Interface, the Giga Sounbank loader!
Will allow to load in realtime Up to 12 LSCP sounbank by file browser( system like the Giga Solo edit mode)
In this way you can create your own LSCP name soundbank and load direct by the interface.
The tool wil also display in realtime the Sampler scanning information and will shown IF some sounds are missing, brocken and so on.
A NEW Yamaha GIGA soundbank is ready and also cloned the SD2 and audya sounds from another MS user.
Tastenpoit have about ready now 80 native audio styles...
Slow slow we arrival...

#288017 - 05/29/10 01:07 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
i think its about time that the MS had styles specifically programmed for its internall sounds. Now we should be able to see the true potential of well balanced skillfully programmed styles on par with the likes of roland, yamaha and Korg instead of the passable to good styles it has had so far. This would at least get it into the starting blocks as an arranger.

Thats exactly what Helmut at Tastenpoint is doing right now.

(he allready has 80 of those styles finished and is aiming to create over 200 of those) all those styles will be onboard of the Tastenpoint Mediastations/Grooves.

#288018 - 05/29/10 01:17 AM Re: OS 4.3...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Just tested and full working!
I'm uploading on youtube the video hardware to prove it.

about the OS 4.3..we delay it some days untill is also ready the new Big features and new Interface, the Giga Sounbank loader!
Will allow to load in realtime Up to 12 LSCP sounbank by file browser( system like the Giga Solo edit mode)
In this way you can create your own LSCP name soundbank and load direct by the interface.
The tool wil also display in realtime the Sampler scanning information and will shown IF some sounds are missing, brocken and so on.
A NEW Yamaha GIGA soundbank is ready and also cloned the SD2 and audya sounds from another MS user.
Tastenpoit have about ready now 80 native audio styles...
Slow slow we arrival...

That is super news Domenico...great work..And that new machinery looks "sweeeet"

The multiple LSCP will be a HUGE improvement!!

Can't wait

As I said in an other thread, Lionstracs HAVE arrived, and the steady river flow is going to soon be a torrent...I would not mind buying some shares now

Dennis

#288019 - 05/29/10 03:27 AM Re: OS 4.3...
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

we see more and more user friendly things.

good work Domenico and Lionstracs team.

#288020 - 05/29/10 05:23 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
also cloned the SD2

Is it someone we know that I could talk to?
I have a few questions I'd like to ask them.

Regards
James

#288021 - 05/29/10 05:44 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Bachus Offline

Just looked up the prices of that hardware...

mainboard €80
CPU 2.8Ghz €190
CPU 3.2Ghz €285
4x4GB DDR3 memmory kit > €600

Now thats some expensive memmory.

Because of de size restrictions Groove can prolly only handle motherboards with 4 Dims, and so you need to buy the very expensive 4GB DDR3 modules.

I don't know tough if Lionstracs supports people that want to upgrade the hardware of their systems.

A question to Dom :
Those 2 PCI PCB's, are those the interfaces to the soundhardware?

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online