SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#287185 - 05/14/10 09:45 AM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Dnj Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 43703
How well you play the songs is one thing.
Reading the crowd is another.
Knowing correct tempos for dancing is another.
Doing it differently each gig is another thing.
Ahhhhhh whats the use & what do I know about dancing?.....

have fun



[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-14-2010).]

Top
#287186 - 05/14/10 10:01 AM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Bill in Dayton Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 08/23/04
Posts: 2202
Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
if you ask your self this question your really shouldn't be playing in front of people until you have enough experience watching others and absorbing. It takes many many years to be effective in a dance situation don't kid yourself. Don't become one of those "I only Care about the money" type players that I see all over.B ut in a way I can only thank them.....because the more they play.... the more jobs I get.. !


[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-14-2010).]


Good grief...

I've been playing Ballroom Dances for a long time and I STILL ask people what they play. You can always pick up tunes from others.

The longer I perform, in fact, the more I'm comfortable learning from other musicians. About twice a year I've started threads on the SZ about new material people have added recently. It hardly means I've found myself on a stage and dumbstruck as to what to play, lol.

Can you ever have too many good tunes to pick from on a gig? I don't think so...

------------------
Bill in Dayton
_________________________
Bill in Dayton

Top
#287187 - 05/14/10 11:30 AM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Diki Offline


Registered: 04/25/05
Posts: 14208
Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
if you ask your self this question your really shouldn't be playing in front of people until you have enough experience watching others and absorbing. It takes many many years to be effective in a dance situation don't kid yourself. Don't become one of those "I only Care about the money" type players that I see all over.B ut in a way I can only thank them.....because the more they play.... the more jobs I get.. !


Didn't think it would be too long before the EGO reappears... (Deja vu all over again!?)
_________________________
An arranger is just a tool. What matters is what you build with it..!

Top
#287188 - 05/14/10 01:09 PM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Dnj Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 43703
1. I Gotta Feelin - Black Eyed Peas
2. Crazy In Love - Beyonce
3. Everytime We Touch- Cascada
4. Single Ladies - Beyonce
5. Just Dance - Lady Gaga
6. Yeah! - Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris
7. Don't Stop The Music - Rihanna
8. Low - Flo Rida
9. Get Low - Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz
10. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
11. The Way I Are - Timbaland feartring Keri Hilson
12. So What - Pink
13. We Like To Party - Vengaboys
14. Evacuate The Dancefloor - Cascada
15. Cyclone - Baby Bash featuring T-Pain
16. Miracle - Casada
17. Lose Control - Missy Elliot
18. Dance With Me - 112
19. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
20. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed peas
21. 1,2 Step - Ciara featuring Missy Elliot
22. Party In The USA - Miley Cyrus
23. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
24. Tic Tok - Key$ha
25. Move Shake Drop (remix) - DJ Laz

Have fun tryng to play todays top requested dance songs to fill the dance floor on an Arranger KB as a OMB...

Top
#287189 - 05/14/10 01:28 PM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Fran Carango Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 05/26/99
Posts: 9673
Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

1. I Gotta Feelin - Black Eyed Peas
2. Crazy In Love - Beyonce
3. Everytime We Touch- Cascada
4. Single Ladies - Beyonce
5. Just Dance - Lady Gaga
6. Yeah! - Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris
7. Don't Stop The Music - Rihanna
8. Low - Flo Rida
9. Get Low - Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz
10. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
11. The Way I Are - Timbaland feartring Keri Hilson
12. So What - Pink
13. We Like To Party - Vengaboys
14. Evacuate The Dancefloor - Cascada
15. Cyclone - Baby Bash featuring T-Pain
16. Miracle - Casada
17. Lose Control - Missy Elliot
18. Dance With Me - 112
19. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
20. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed peas
21. 1,2 Step - Ciara featuring Missy Elliot
22. Party In The USA - Miley Cyrus
23. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
24. Tic Tok - Key$ha
25. Move Shake Drop (remix) - DJ Laz

Have fun tryng to play todays top requested dance songs to fill the dance floor on an Arranger KB as a OMB...



If I had to play that song list...I would quit playing...
_________________________
www.francarango.com



Top
#287190 - 05/14/10 01:30 PM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Fran Carango Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 05/26/99
Posts: 9673
Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Just confirms my opinion...Music is at it's lowest point..

I guess we will never return to the great music of the 40's and 50's...
_________________________
www.francarango.com



Top
#287191 - 05/14/10 01:35 PM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Dnj Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 43703
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Just confirms my opinion...Music is at it's lowest point..

I guess we will never return to the great music of the 40's and 50's...


I dont know about you but I never left
there's a big audience for that list and beyond.....but it aint my list or my audiences......we all have choice and thats a good thing.....find "your slice" of the pie and enjoy eating it

Top
#287192 - 05/14/10 01:36 PM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Diki Offline


Registered: 04/25/05
Posts: 14208
Loc: NW Florida
And if you have to resort to DJ-ing to pack the floor, Donny, perhaps it is YOU that needs to get out and watch others more?
_________________________
An arranger is just a tool. What matters is what you build with it..!

Top
#287193 - 05/14/10 01:42 PM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
tony mads usa Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 01/16/02
Posts: 14376
Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

1. I Gotta Feelin - Black Eyed Peas
2. Crazy In Love - Beyonce
3. Everytime We Touch- Cascada
4. Single Ladies - Beyonce
5. Just Dance - Lady Gaga
6. Yeah! - Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris
7. Don't Stop The Music - Rihanna
8. Low - Flo Rida
9. Get Low - Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz
10. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
11. The Way I Are - Timbaland feartring Keri Hilson
12. So What - Pink
13. We Like To Party - Vengaboys
14. Evacuate The Dancefloor - Cascada
15. Cyclone - Baby Bash featuring T-Pain
16. Miracle - Casada
17. Lose Control - Missy Elliot
18. Dance With Me - 112
19. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
20. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed peas
21. 1,2 Step - Ciara featuring Missy Elliot
22. Party In The USA - Miley Cyrus
23. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
24. Tic Tok - Key$ha
25. Move Shake Drop (remix) - DJ Laz

Have fun tryng to play todays top requested dance songs to fill the dance floor on an Arranger KB as a OMB...


Donny ... are YOU PERFORMING those songs?
t.
_________________________
t. cool

Top
#287194 - 05/14/10 01:45 PM Re: What songs are you playing to fill the dance floor?
Dnj Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/21/00
Posts: 43703
So are you playing anything on that list Diki?.... its doesnt exsist in my world sorry...

Top
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 



Help keep Synth Zone Online