SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#287552 - 05/15/10 01:57 PM Website with musical instrument prices?
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Folks, sometime within the last year or two, I believe someone posted a website where musical instrument dealers can go to look up the value of instruments for trade-in or resale. I have searched and searched but I cannot locate that post. (Maybe it wasn't even on SynthZone?!?)

If you know of this site, please help me out here and re-post the link.
Thanks!
Ted

#287553 - 05/15/10 02:15 PM Re: Website with musical instrument prices?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
This is a site that I discovered a while ago...perhaps it is the same?

http://www.prepal.com/

Ian

#287554 - 05/15/10 05:27 PM Re: Website with musical instrument prices?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ian,

That's the site I posted about 5 years ago on the PSR-tutorial site. I don't think it has been updated since then. Their PSR series doesn't go beyond the 740, which as you know, is an antique.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#287555 - 05/15/10 05:31 PM Re: Website with musical instrument prices?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Gary,

Yep, it might be the same one...I actually stumbled on it some time ago when looking for something else.

Not updated?

I haven't looked at it in a long time, so perhaps it is a bit old...but, it is the only one I was aware of.

Ian

#287556 - 05/16/10 04:01 AM Re: Website with musical instrument prices?
Dnj Offline

Just search on Ebay under Advanced search "COMPLETED AUCTIONS"...you can get a great idea on what certain item are selling for recently....good luck.
www.ebay.com

#287557 - 05/17/10 07:18 PM Re: Website with musical instrument prices?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Step 1. Go to google.com and copy-paste the full URL of the web page in the search box along with the inurl: operator (e.g. inurl:www.example.com). Hit enter.google.com/search?q=inurl:http://www.labnol.org/websites

Step 2. Now go to browser address bar (Ctrl+L in Firefox or Alt+D in Internet Explorer) and copy paste "&as_qdr=y15" at the end of the Google search URL. Hint enter again. google.com/search?q=inurl:http://www.labnol.org/websites&as_qdr=y15

Step 3. Google will load the results again and this time-- you’ll see the actual publication date of the web page next to the title in Google search results as in this screenshot

I came up with:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=inurl%3Awww.prepal.com%2F&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&as_qdr=y15

....which reads June 30, 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Hi Gary,

Yep, it might be the same one...I actually stumbled on it some time ago when looking for something else.

Not updated?

I haven't looked at it in a long time, so perhaps it is a bit old...but, it is the only one I was aware of.

Ian

#287558 - 05/17/10 07:31 PM Re: Website with musical instrument prices?
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Very cool Lucky! You learn something new every day!!

Ian thank you. I suppose PrePal was the site and I must have found Gary's reference to it on PSRTutorial.

If PrePal hasn't been updated since '02, I will be sticking to the SynthZone buy-sell board and eBay to determine what's a fair price. Thanks again!! -Ted

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online