Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#286917 - 05/02/10 07:47 AM inside OpenLabs MIKO
AFG Music Offline

#286918 - 05/02/10 08:23 AM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
I've lost all respect for that company. They contacted me and demanded I removed their name from the meta tags I had on YouTube. As you know you use meta tags so people looking for information on say... open platform keyboards can find both Lionstracs and Open Labs products as they are the only two companies in the world making them. That's how search engines work.

Nope.... they were not happy about that one bit and I got the Violation of Trademark bull from them and was forced into editing my meta tags.

What a joke. They just used that line to force me to edit the tags so people wouldn't see Lionstracs keyboards when searching YouTube for information.

So.... I have zero respect for them any more. The entire point of YouTube is so people like me and other end users can communicate with other and share information. A company like them doesn't even deserve to be allowed to use YouTube as all they are doing here is shaping the results of the search engine to suite their needs and the promotion of their products, while also preventing the freedom of information.

James.

#286919 - 05/02/10 09:44 AM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Bachus Offline

Thats serious stuff James...

I agree with you that companies like this can not be trusted, when they have that kind of attitude i highly doubt their service too.

As long as Open labs does not support Karma they are nothing more then a combination of a masterkeyboard, some controllers and a PC. Even tough Riff looks like a very strong tool, its nothing else but a VST host.

Liontracs tough has a clear and clean interface of themselves with atleast the same possibilities as Open labs and even more because of Q-ranger and the other arranger options.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#286920 - 05/02/10 09:49 AM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Bachus Offline

when i look on youtube for "open platform keyboard" there still is a lot of your mediastation video's shown.

Link

We should keep it that way.

#286921 - 05/02/10 10:55 AM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
when i look on youtube for "open platform keyboard" there still is a lot of your mediastation video's shown.

Link

We should keep it that way.

Yep... that's because I modified my tags so I could still reach the people, but also not to mention Open Lab$ in the process.

Regards
James

#286922 - 05/02/10 11:54 AM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
I've lost all respect for that company. They contacted me and demanded I removed their name from the meta tags I had on YouTube. As you know you use meta tags so people looking for information on say... open platform keyboards can find both Lionstracs and Open Labs products as they are the only two companies in the world making them. That's how search engines work.

Nope.... they were not happy about that one bit and I got the Violation of Trademark bull from them and was forced into editing my meta tags.

What a joke. They just used that line to force me to edit the tags so people wouldn't see Lionstracs keyboards when searching YouTube for information.

So.... I have zero respect for them any more. The entire point of YouTube is so people like me and other end users can communicate with other and share information. A company like them doesn't even deserve to be allowed to use YouTube as all they are doing here is shaping the results of the search engine to suite their needs and the promotion of their products, while also preventing the freedom of information.

James.

I can not believe..
Violation of Trademark of what?

Anyway..I will mot put more fire on this point.
For me is more interesting how they develope hardware and how they assembly the all PC parts.

After saw this picture: http://darinmckinney.com/wordpress/images/mikoopen5big.jpg
I was shocked..
Now I understand why they have so BIG case, but this is not the big issue that I see.
The first board that I always like looking is how is made the audio card/board.
they use the standard Firebox on front and then they connect on the rear connector with so LONG analog audio cables??
Long Analog audio cables around one PC system are like one radio Antenna, + the all VGA cables around the Powersuplly...OMG..i can not believe...

Now also I understand why they have this hardware issue: http://forum.openlabs.com/index.php?showtopic=2198
This problem is normally when you power the audio card from the standard PC ATX power supply, is a issue that the all manufactures know.
On Mediastation/groove products, we hadthe same problems at beginn of the hardware project, BUT we have resolved with our own special power card: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/ms-atx-switching-p-218.html
Thsi will separate totally the noise from the ATX power supply.
If you look at my Mixerboard V5: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/2008/mixer5web.jpg
you can see that the all AD/DA AKM converter are soldered about close at the al XRL connector, with OUT any analog cables, for that also we get the 126dB dynamic range.

At the end..look how is made this PC keyboard and then look how is made the groove: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoIbTz1-1RI
big difference...

No comments about the software, because in some month will be available the full windows OS installer disk for the all groove and Mediastation too.
In this way then the user can choose wich OS booting: Linux or windows.
One keyboard...two OS distribution.
( now stop...I dont want fight for new violation trademark... )

#286923 - 05/02/10 12:52 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
No comments about the software, because in some month will be available the full windows OS installer disk for the all groove and Mediastation too.
In this way then the user can choose wich OS booting: Linux or windows.
One keyboard...two OS distribution.
( now stop...I dont want fight for new violation trademark... )

WOW, is that really going to happen? That is great news Dom, being able to boot into windows...yahoo!!

Can Windows 7 be used as the base OS?

The big advantages I see with windows, is a user can then use some disk imaging software (Acronis in my case) and create images for backups...Far easier than reloading saved libraries....Not too mention being able to use VST's that require USB dongle protection....

Big thumbs up from me.

Dennis

#286924 - 05/02/10 02:40 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
AFG Music Offline

as can be seen Open Labs outside looks good but inside looks disaster.

Only one thing they have figured out is how the case can be opened. I mean without wooden bracket used by Domenico to open MS/Groove

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-02-2010).]

#286925 - 05/02/10 02:41 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
WOW, is that really going to happen? That is great news Dom, being able to boot into windows...yahoo!!

Can Windows 7 be used as the base OS?

The big advantages I see with windows, is a user can then use some disk imaging software (Acronis in my case) and create images for backups...Far easier than reloading saved libraries....Not too mention being able to use VST's that require USB dongle protection....

Big thumbs up from me.

Dennis

He never said that the Lionstracs interface and stuff like Q-ranger and Linux sampler will work under WIndows...

He only said you can boot te mediastation under windows... but not what functionallity you can use...

Makes me wonder if there even is drivers to utilize all the Mediastations hardware under windows.

#286926 - 05/02/10 03:08 PM Re: inside OpenLabs MIKO
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Bachus you maybe need to read it a little better....

"the full windows OS installer disk for the all groove and Mediastation too.
In this way then the user can choose wich OS booting: Linux or windows."

The full OS Installer disk is the key. If you had a MS you would understand what OS installer disk means. usually it is the ISO for end users to burn and instal disk with the (currently) Linux Kubuntu distro, WITH all the media Station drivers.

Thats how I understood his comment. Maybe Dom can clarify a little further.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online