Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#286294 - 04/22/10 04:54 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
I am not afraid James.
Even if I tweak the styles the MS still haven't the great Korg or Yamaha sounds in it. And I like tweaking. I do it all the time on my Korg PA500 and he sounds much better then I have heard on the MS. I also don't think it is the future. People like simplicity.

compare your sounds from Korg with this free software you can install on MS.
http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=842

or this:
http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=834

or listen to this free GIGA format piano CD from sonart audio for free download:
http://sonart.cc/shop/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=210

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-22-2010).]

#286295 - 04/22/10 05:15 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
That's not the point. I know that there are better piano sounds. My point is that the MS can't beat the sound of the Korg styles or Yamaha styles. I also have download live styler on my computer and no VST come even close to the real sound of Yamaha. In fact people on VST forums are looking for Tyros sounds. Most of the VST's that carries GM sounds sucks big time. The only one that sounded ok was the old Yamaha VST S-YXG50 but also don't come close to the Yamaha sound of today.

So my question is how could you make the styles on the MS sound as good as on a REAL arranger.

#286296 - 04/22/10 05:26 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
So my question is how could you make the styles on the MS sound as good as on a REAL arranger.

How good the styles sound is defined by how good the actual sounds are on the keyboard. Be it the content included, or additional sounds you buy afterwards like the ones AFG Music just pointed to.

Quote:
I also have download live styler on my computer and no VST come even close to the real sound of Yamaha.

Live Styler is obviously going to sound like crap when played on your PC because of the smelly GM sounds that come with windows.

However.... connect a quality sound library and it's an entirely different story.

Quote:

Simply do what I did in Video 7 I uplaoded.
When your ready and you want to go beyond a real arranger, simply buy a premium sound library.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 04-22-2010).]

#286297 - 04/22/10 05:34 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Simply do what I did in Video 7 I uplaoded.
When your ready and you want to go beyond a real arranger, simply buy a premium sound library.

Regards
James

I didn't use windows sounds. I use several VST's for Live Styler. Nothing came even close to my Korg.

#286298 - 04/22/10 05:43 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
That's not the point. I know that there are better piano sounds. My point is that the MS can't beat the sound of the Korg styles or Yamaha styles. I also have download live styler on my computer and no VST come even close to the real sound of Yamaha. In fact people on VST forums are looking for Tyros sounds. Most of the VST's that carries GM sounds sucks big time. The only one that sounded ok was the old Yamaha VST S-YXG50 but also don't come close to the Yamaha sound of today.

to start you can on MS create your own MS GM/GS set of sounds that you like from big MS library or free orginal giga sounds like free piano sound provided by sonart audio.

here after you can use this standard GM/GS for editing style or creation of styles.

This is one of the many ways.

but you can also on qranger editor select the track sound you like from giga folder that you like and load it.

but if you learn to make GM / GS set to, MS can using this for playing your midi songs with set also.

There are many possibilities. but just as it always tastes are different. that's a minus point for closed arranger, because you stuck to the sound of the manufacturer.

#286299 - 04/22/10 05:47 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
FransN Offline

Not really. The Korg PA800 and Korg PA2x Pro can load samples Import of Korg, Wav, Aiff and Akai files

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 04-22-2010).]

#286300 - 04/22/10 05:50 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
I didn't use windows sounds. I use several VST's for Live Styler. Nothing came even close to my Korg.

What did you use ?

Regards
James

#286301 - 04/22/10 05:55 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Not really. The Korg PA800 and Korg PA2x Pro can load samples.

i know but not every sound.

and you nee much time for loading the sounds from ram, and the ram is limited.

but on MS you turn MS on after 45-60 seconds the O.S and your sounds are there(giga sound-dreamchipsounds-10 VSThosts- MS synth-user sounds-combisounds-styles-songs...................)

when on MS / GROOVE you create your user sound set or your own GM / GS sound set is like they are rom chip sounds, they are always there.

#286302 - 04/22/10 05:55 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Not really. The Korg PA800 and Korg PA2x Pro can load samples Import of Korg, Wav, Aiff and Akai files

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 04-22-2010).]

True, but everything must be loaded to RAM and you only have 128MB on the PA800 and 256MB on the PA2X.

Loading times are upwards of 9 minutes on the Pa2X for 256MB of data where the Medaistation would take less than 1 second to load the same amount of data.

Regards
James

#286303 - 04/22/10 06:04 PM Re: Open or Closed Keyboard
FransN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
What did you use ?

Regards
James

I used the Yamaha S-YXG50, Edirol Hyper Canvas, Prodipe VE and Coyote ForteDXi I used with OMB. All GM and GM2 compatible and the old Yamaha sounded the best. But you know I am a big Korg fan and I bought my PA500 for only 900 Euro. The MS cost 2900 Euro excl tax. You can't beat the Korg there. Just as the Ketron Audya I find the MS way overpriced.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online