SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285619 - 04/20/10 02:47 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Diki.

The keyboards function is to simply provide you with the platform to run whatever software you want on it seamlessly. Lionstracs are no more responsible for how Live Styler works than how any third party software application works.

If in past times the Bass Inversion function was missing from Live Styler, then back then that was the problem of the developer who wrote that third party application, not Lionstracs. As we can see the developer has included the fuction in Live Styler and it works.

Live Arranger is a different program. It too has the function but when switch on I can't hear the bass inversion. As I said above, this could simply be because it's disabled in the demo version or there is indeed a bug. If its a bug, then a simple bug report will get it fixed. It's not like the function is completely missing.

Either way.... none of this has anything to do with Lionstracs.

Regards
James

#285620 - 04/20/10 03:09 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The fact that AFG has to even ASK whether Ketron or Yamaha can play ON Bass chords pretty much exposes his ignorance about arrangers in general...

ALL arrangers for pretty much the last ten years or so have been able to play ON bass chords (slash chords, Bass Inversion, whatever you want to call them). Especially MOTL and TOTL arrangers. They are an integral part of music, absolutely essential to performing many different types of songs, and also to having true 'pianostyle' chord triggering. The fact that this BASIC function has been left off the MS since its' inception, and appears to not work correctly even on the third party software style players, relegates its' usefulness as an arranger to the same level as a toy Casio.

It's all well and good to gush about the advanced things it CAN do, but perhaps we ought to be paying more attention to the [b]basic
things it CAN'T?

This was Dom's mistake from the beginning. Rather than START with a fully functional arranger, and ADD the VSTi capability, he started with a VSTi player, and tried to shoehorn it INTO an arranger. And failed miserably, I hate to say. If you can't play simple chords like C/E, what's the POINT? [/B]

Diki,did i said something about Roland or Korg or other manufacturers?

sorry, but I do not talk about products that I've never seen (My first keyboard was a Yamaha). You sometimes talk about things you do not even use or have seen.

Moreover maybe I've ever been a Roland fan more than you are now.

you accuse people only. while you do not know their personalities.

sometimes you think they are thieves..........(remeber you the thread about live arranger on MS)

do you think bass inversion is too difficult to program for domenico and his programmers?
i think not. qranger is software to move forward and not backwards.

OS 1.8 was completely different from lionstracs arranger, If I am not wrong then there was bass inversion. I'm sure this option ever comes back.

I can at least programming styles, but you .............
only talk without having to know anything.

answer this,how many people do you think using bass inversion?

some user turn off because they do not like it on some arrangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-20-2010).]

#285621 - 04/20/10 03:19 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That's a cop-out, James, and you know it. The MS itself was sold for YEARS without any ON Bass capabilities as an arranger, plain and simple.

Who CARES where the fault lies?

The fault exists. That's all that matters.

It's no good going 'the MS is a great keyboard' if the software you run on it sucks. The keyboard is the gestalt of the hardware AND the software. No-one goes 'the Audya is great hardware, just the software sucks' or 'the T3 has great effects hardware, but the OS makes using it difficult'. They just go 'The Audya sucks' or 'The T3 sucks' (just examples, don't flame me! ).

And if the MS can't do ON Bass chords, either with its' own software or third party software, it isn't a good arranger. Period.

When someone steps up and fixes the issue (why Dom didn't do it years ago beats me), THEN, and only then, will you be able to say it's a good 'arranger'. But until then, excusing the fact that it ISN'T on someone else other than Lionstracs (they are the ones SELLING it, remember) when Lionstracs COULD fix the problem themselves is a cop-out.

#285622 - 04/20/10 03:29 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
can ketron or yamaha arrangers play on Bass chords?

You asked the question, sonny...

BTW, have you bothered to notice that AJ finally DID come in and clear up the Ketron styles copyright issue..? Which I was correct about all along? You use Ketron styles without paying for Ketron hardware, you are STEALING them. Plain and simple. Go back and look at your naive comments about the issue before you get all indignant, kiddo...

I don't have to assume anything. Your words spell it out plain and simple.

Bottom line is, you are so busy excusing the MS for missing basic features in existence for years, you sound ridiculous. You are supposed to be screaming at Lionstracs to be fixing this, not excusing their every blunder. Don't you WANT Bass Inversions? Or did you manage to play for years without ever using them? I am starting to believe the latter...

#285623 - 04/20/10 03:55 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
You asked the question, sonny...

BTW, have you bothered to notice that AJ finally DID come in and clear up the Ketron styles copyright issue..? Which I was correct about all along? You use Ketron styles without paying for Ketron hardware, you are STEALING them. Plain and simple. Go back and look at your naive comments about the issue before you get all indignant, kiddo...

I don't have to assume anything. Your words spell it out plain and simple.

Bottom line is, you are so busy excusing the MS for missing basic features in existence for years, you sound ridiculous. You are supposed to be screaming at Lionstracs to be fixing this, not excusing their every blunder. Don't you WANT Bass Inversions? Or did you manage to play for years without ever using them? I am starting to believe the latter...

the question was on bass chords:

So for example the Roland VA-Series Bass track for style creation is monophon

while on qranger you can record the bass polyphonic if you want.

but in answer to my question he came with bass inversion.

you misunderstand me again.

you have not seen that Ketron AJ said that it is only ROM styles. if someone buys Ketron styles in .pat format from ketron or third party he is free to use it with ketron hardware or other software arranger. live arranger use .pat format, and there is no copyrights on formats.

#285624 - 04/20/10 04:04 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

What on earth has whether a bass part is polyphonic or not got to do with whether it is capable of playing slash chords...?

It's no wonder I may not be understanding you... You aren't making any sense

#285625 - 04/20/10 04:13 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

And the whole POINT I made in the Ketron thread was about styles NOT paid for. As in 'stolen'. We already talked about this, and I explained it fully. If you can't understand my English, that's not MY fault. I write about as clearly as anyone here.

The style 'format' was NEVER mentioned by me. Format doesn't matter one iota. Style CONTENT does. Perhaps, before you accuse someone of not understanding you, you might try to realize that it MIGHT be because you aren't making any sense in ANY language...

#285626 - 04/20/10 04:18 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
What on earth has whether a bass part is polyphonic or not got to do with whether it is capable of playing slash chords...?

It's no wonder I may not be understanding you... You aren't making any sense

I thought he meant polyphonic chord recording and playback on bass track. on your Roland G70 you only have one bass track for syle (and it is monophon becouse of polyphony).

If I have a question misunderstand, does not necessarily mean that my answer to misunderstand question is also wrong. lol....

#285627 - 04/20/10 04:20 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
That's a cop-out, James, and you know it. The MS itself was sold for YEARS without any ON Bass capabilities as an arranger, plain and simple.
Who CARES where the fault lies?

There's no logic in that Diki.

That would be like me blaming Microsoft for a feature Extreme Sample Converter doesn't have just because it runs on my PC.

The Inversion feature needed to be implemented by the developer of Live Styler in order to make their product complete.

Which has happened so what's your problem now ?

Regards
James

#285628 - 04/20/10 04:24 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

Perhaps, before you accuse someone of not understanding you, you might try to realize that it MIGHT be because you aren't making any sense in ANY language...

Diki be careful with your ridiculous language
use.

Sorry to say this. with that language use is only one place YOU diki cAN mAKE SENSE, and that's the zoo FOR YOU.

and if you ever change your behavior read this:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021126.html

Page 5 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online