SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#285145 - 04/08/10 09:36 AM Quantum Leap Goliath Virtual Instrument
Bachus Offline

http://www.soundsonline.com/Quantum-Leap-Goliath-Virtual-Instrument-pr-EW-176.html

This is supposed to be the ultimate GM VST... does anyone have experience with it, will it be usable with live styler as soundsource for the styles? Currently i am using Purity, but i am not overly happy with it.

Also the Soundfonts i have as an alternative are not on par with my main VSt (Komplete 5)as is the Yamaha GS VST module...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285146 - 04/08/10 10:59 AM Re: Quantum Leap Goliath Virtual Instrument
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I think you are going to have a problem when making program changes...it takes too much time loading the sounds selected by Live Styler ..when using a PC...

I gather you are not using a MediaStation...

I have had a similar load time problems with Native Instruments Bandstand....using a controller and a PC...

#285147 - 04/08/10 11:05 AM Re: Quantum Leap Goliath Virtual Instrument
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Bachus
I have not personally used it, but I know others that have, and yes it will work with Livestyler, (Just select the GM Sound mapping in Livestyler) however as to how many sounds you can use will be dependent on how much computer power and hard disk is already being used by Komplet 5.
Don’t worry about switching sounds, as like Kontakt (Which you already have) it can pre-load sounds, thus making them instantly available. (Something Bandstand couldn’t do)
NOTE: You will also need an iLock key.
Hope this helps

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online