SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#284725 - 04/06/10 04:35 AM Roland BA330 Stereo Battery Powered Pa system..demo
Dnj Offline

#284726 - 04/06/10 07:03 AM Re: Roland BA330 Stereo Battery Powered Pa system..demo
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I own one but have used it on only one gig. Does anyone have any advice on where to place this so as not to feedback when playing keys or guitar and singing? (Behind you, off to the side... do you angle it away from your mic, etc.) I did have some feedback but I was terribly cramped in the space they gave me and the amp was not more than a few feet right behind me.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone else who owns one... do you use a mixer? My only complaint with this thing is the $*(%^*$%^ controls are on the back. I have never understood why manufacturers do this. It's impossible to tweak it without getting up and going behind the unit. With a mixer, that solves it... but... having a mixer complicates things. I like simple when I can do it.

#284727 - 04/06/10 07:07 AM Re: Roland BA330 Stereo Battery Powered Pa system..demo
Dnj Offline

Bill...... Fran has been using the B330 with much success...try to get in touch with him for assistance in this matter, I'm sure he can help.

#284728 - 04/06/10 07:30 AM Re: Roland BA330 Stereo Battery Powered Pa system..demo
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill , do you have the anti feedback switch on?

I get zero feedback ..even standing directly in front...Anti feedback works only on channel 1 and 2...

I like it without another mixer, but get unbelievable results with the Edirol mixer added..

#284729 - 04/07/10 04:08 AM Re: Roland BA330 Stereo Battery Powered Pa system..demo
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Bill , do you have the anti feedback switch on?

I get zero feedback ..even standing directly in front...Anti feedback works only on channel 1 and 2...

I like it without another mixer, but get unbelievable results with the Edirol mixer added..

Whether you use a mixer or not, are you coming from Main Out from your keyboard or mixer to Channels 1 and 2 on the ba330?

I am not sure what I did, but if I had to guess, I was probably using 3/4 or 5/6 for my keyboard, as I probably had a guitar in Channel 1 or 2. And did not realize that anti-feedback works only on 1 and 2.

Also... if you use the mixer, are you using the anti-feedback switch on the ba330?

So many questions, haha... have you ever used the ba330 alone with the Edirol and gotten good results or do you always use other speakers, too?

#284730 - 04/07/10 08:08 PM Re: Roland BA330 Stereo Battery Powered Pa system..demo
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill I have used the BA330 with and without a mixer..by itself..no other speakers...This was the way I intended to use it when I purchased it..

I have experimented using the BA330 and another speaker..a Podium 802 ( I currently only own a single 802)..and also used the BA330 with a pair of the Roland cubes..it worked great with both..The secondary speakers are controlled by the channel volumes of the BA330, and not effected by the master volume control of the BA330...the master controls only the level of the BA330..

This makes it very easy to use the mixer section of the BA330 with external speakers (powered)..

I find the amp fullness in sound and plenty of volume to cover 100 people venues..When I use the Edirol mixer..I have increased gain, and the BA330 handles it well...maybe capable to handle 200 people venues...

If you need to discuss anything you can email me...

#284731 - 04/07/10 10:27 PM Re: Roland BA330 Stereo Battery Powered Pa system..demo
Bachus Offline

How is the soundquallity?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#284732 - 04/08/10 12:16 PM Re: Roland BA330 Stereo Battery Powered Pa system..demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
How is the sound quality?

Describe 'purple' to a blind man...

Talking about sound is like dancing about architecture. It just isn't the right medium to gain any objective information. Only way to find out is to listen to one for yourself. Shouldn't be too difficult to find one at your local Roland dealer...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online