tonewheel

i think what WE are saying in general is that

WE the customers, or future customers don't get ant answers from Ketron,
only occasionally from AJ

i speak from experience as Ketron Italy fails to respond to many emails

we are not saying that the distrubutors or retailers dont get weel treated

and no offense, but WE like to hear things from the horses mouth,

all we are asking for is a little support, a liitle enlightenment,

even an answer like Steve Jobs from a regular guy who sent email inquiring when the new MBP would be out...

Jobs response..."Not To Worry..."

If Steve Jobs can take the time to answer "Joe", Ketron can too...

it would only benefit them in the longrun...

When Ketron Italy receive any kind of support question the office forwards it to the local distributor. It happens here: sometimes people send the email via ketron.it and it gets diverted to us here in the UK.

AJ just works for a retailer and I work for a distributor so neither of us can really give you any direct information from the factory (for example release dates). But I do know if we have a forwarded email it is our responsibility to act on it. Sometimes we don't know the answer and have to ask the factory for help before or during contact with the customer. If we fail to respond it looks bad on Ketron Italy.

The trouble is, some people are using this as a support forum. Posting a question here and expecting an answer is rather silly. they need to go through the correct channels.

Point of purchase first.
then local distributor
ketron Italy is a last resort.

If I wanted support or help with a problem on my new ThinkPad I would never dream of asking for official assistance on a general internet forum with a few dozen active members. I would be on the phone to my reseller like a shot.

#284658 - 04/06/10 08:00 AM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
leezone Offline

maybe Steve Jobs can help us with OS4 as he too is releasing it very soon :-)

#284659 - 04/06/10 08:42 AM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
No if I do that it is bad advertising for Ketron. But take a look at their website. A lot of demos with Real Band.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 04-06-2010).]

don't worry, it won't be bad advertising - as i said this was more about Robert than the Audya...I honestly would love to see you do something similar.

#284660 - 04/06/10 08:49 AM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
don't worry, it won't be bad advertising - as i said this was more about Robert than the Audya...I honestly would love to see you do something similar.

Nah Robert is a much better player then I am. I am just a hobbyist. But making a backing sequence is very easy on BIAB and sound very good with their Real Tracks. What I am trying to say is that you don't have to spend a fortune to create a good sounding backing sequence.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 04-06-2010).]

#284661 - 04/06/10 08:59 AM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
The trouble is, some people are using this as a support forum. Posting a question here and expecting an answer is rather silly. they need to go through the correct channels.

..........and.......................

If I wanted support or help with a problem on my new ThinkPad I would never dream of asking for official assistance on a general internet forum with a few dozen active members. I would be on the phone to my reseller like a shot.

TWD, I'm usually in lockstep with anyone who has the good taste to recognize the tonewheel organ for the magnificent instrument it is..........HOWEVER, forums such as SZ, with knowledgeable members like Diki, Gary, Ian, Fran, Rikki, DonM, James, MAC, even yourself, and yes, even DNJ , would seem to me to be an ideal place to go for answers, especially when it appears one can go for weeks, months, sometimes forever, and not get a response from what should be the normal support channels. In fact, practically every major piece of musical or recording equipment seems to have a support forum, so why do you think the idea of posting a question here ("and expecting to get an answer") is "silly". It would certainly be INCLUDED in the list of places I'd go for support if I owned an Audya. JMO.

chas

#284662 - 04/06/10 10:28 AM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
Tonewheeldude Offline

i wasn't saying don't post here for general advice- what i am saying is don't expect an official answer from any manufacturer here.

this little community (and for an internet forum it is very small), by its very nature is a general interest keyboard forum with only a few regulars with knowledge limited to the instruments they own or have owned. Why would we expect them to know the answers or even expect the various manufacturers to post here?

The trouble is, when we come to a place like this everyday we start to think it is more important than it is. the truth is, there are most likely millions of little internet communities..each just as important to the group that use them as SZ. The manufacturers can't be expected to watch all of them.

sorry for keeping this off topic. Maybe this discussion should carry on in the bar over a pint of best?

#284663 - 04/06/10 11:00 AM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Quote:

this little community (and for an internet forum it is very small), by its very nature is a general interest keyboard forum with only a few regulars with knowledge limited to the instruments they own or have owned.
[/B]

Can you give us an example of a relatively larger Forum that is compatible to the SZ ?

------------------
createsongstyles.com
fakesheets.com

[This message has been edited by rphillipchuk (edited 04-06-2010).]

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#284664 - 04/06/10 11:19 AM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rphillipchuk:
Can you give us an example of a relatively larger Forum that is compatible to the SZ ?

You missed my point..I don't want to demean SZ, its a great place to come and chat with other musicians about all sort of subjects, including general musical advice. But for anyone who has invested in new gear, the best place to go for help is to the retailer or the distributor - somehere they can expect an official and correct answer. If they don't get the help they deserve as a customer then they have every right to complain to the same.

#284665 - 04/06/10 11:48 AM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi Guys, I realize I'm a newcomer to this forum as a member, however I have followed it for years. I can't help but chuckle to my self reading some of your posts.

It seems to me the discussions and what seems like arguments are between the Audya or other Ketron product owners, and the NON Audya or other Ketron product owners! What I read about the Audya from the NON Audya owners the most is about the PRICE. Features and Benefits for the money! I say:

If you can't afford this incredible piece of technology quit slamming it and talking about how you can accomplish the same thing for far less money doing this or doing that! The bottom line here with the Audya is the quality of sound, what your ears hear coming out of this machine.

The authenticity of the instruments is unmatched by any other keyboard I've ever heard or played. Just listen to the Swing Trumpet for example, Ketron should have installed a spit valve on this keyboard! Thats just one example, the list of just as good is quite extensive on this machine. They will even be better, ( I can't imagine )with the upgrades included in OS4.

In the almost 40 years I have been playing professionally, I have NEVER EVER had so many compliments come from my audience's! To me, that alone is worth $4,900 all day long!

Clean the wax out of your ears and appreciate what Ketron has put together for us keyboard musicians.

If you play professionally, it doesn't matter if you do your own sequencing, play midi files, mp3's, styles or whatever. Your audience doesn't know the difference anyways.

However they will recognize the quality of sound. You get what you pay for with the AUDYA, PERIOD!

Jim

#284666 - 04/06/10 12:03 PM Re: Robert Messier ROCKIN...AUDYA
leezone Offline

Jim,

just curious as to what you used b4 AUDYA?

i currently use a mix of Roland G-70 and Ketron XD-3, but prefer the "live" factor the audience brings to my music,
Ketron sounds like a real band...much more than Roland IMO
but there are styles i prefer on Roland, but not that many :-)

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 04-06-2010).]

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online