SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#284503 - 04/07/10 08:32 AM Re: Realtime sound system comparison
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the report, Bill. With luck, I'll be sailing to Cape May this July and get to hear Fran's setup live. I just want to hear what his audience is hearing, which is why I suggested recording identical songs using the same primary systems, but with changes in the PA. And, recording both from the same distance of 50 feet, which is also an important aspect. I've always been amazed at how great some systems sounded close up, but when you get some distance away the falloff, particularly in high and mid range frequencies, was horrible.

Thanks again,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#284504 - 04/07/10 08:42 AM Re: Realtime sound system comparison
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Lewis:
Fran and everyone
Sorry for the delayed response. Just got back from Cape May
Really enjoyed the night at Alfie's. Good dinner and great music. You sequences are right on and the Prelude running them sounded fantastic. Your singers are a class act.
OK lets talk sound systems.
First set--- sounded fine with just the Podium 12's. For one nighters thats all I would bring if I were you. Everyone was happy and dancing.
Second set.--- When you kicked in the Roland 100's we could "feel" the bass and the fullness overall increased. I must say so did the overall volume. Really though its no surprise. We all know and I again had it confirmed with my conversation with the Roland rep. BIg heavy cabinets are good for bass. My KX220's or your Roland 100's--- 70lbs each but they all kick. They really kick my a** when I have to move them to an upstairs affair. The problem is most of us are looking for smaller and lighter. Seems to be coming along with newer products. BA330 SA300
Third set --- DAMN I LEFT. My real desire was to really hear what the BA330 could do and I missed it!! Did you really play everything (two vocalists and sequences) through it alone????? Hard to believe. Imagine what two of them could do?? Total of about 60 lbs??
Again my friends and I had a great night and will be back soon.
We WILL have to hook up someday for some live chat.
ThanksnBill in NJ

Bill glad you had a great time in Cape may.....Fran's group "JUST IN TIME"
http://justintimeband.homestead.com/

Kicks butt down the shore almost every night in the clubs...I love when I'm not performing to catch their show, a good time is always had by all.....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online