SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#284435 - 04/06/10 07:06 AM Re: Using the NEW iPAD with your arranger keyboard.
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
For those days where you aren't playing much you can use the iPad Light.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 04-06-2010).]

Tom

#284436 - 04/08/10 02:53 PM Re: Using the NEW iPAD with your arranger keyboard.
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Stephen, as usual you and I are on the same wave length. My iPad arrived on Saturday.
As you say the screen is awesome. Photos look great, it's really the way to go for photos, that you can take with you wherever you go. Surfing the web is awesome, email is now feasible which it never was on the ipod, , and the 3 Apple office suite apps are really good and inexpensive.
I am really interested in the MusicReader app, and will probably go that route just to try it out, but the smaller size screen and no foot pedal are real issues, potentially, for me.

#284437 - 04/08/10 05:11 PM Re: Using the NEW iPAD with your arranger keyboard.
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by PraiseTheLord:
Hi Stephen, as usual you and I are on the same wave length. My iPad arrived on Saturday.
As you say the screen is awesome. Photos look great, it's really the way to go for photos, that you can take with you wherever you go. Surfing the web is awesome, email is now feasible which it never was on the ipod, , and the 3 Apple office suite apps are really good and inexpensive.
I am really interested in the MusicReader app, and will probably go that route just to try it out, but the smaller size screen and no foot pedal are real issues, potentially, for me.

Graham Congratulations on the iPad. Ditto to your comments. Keep me posted on how the Music Reader app works for you, I'll do the same.

#284438 - 04/09/10 07:36 PM Re: Using the NEW iPAD with your arranger keyboard.
PraiseTheLord Offline

Hi salsaman

I just downloaded GoodReader for $0.99. You can set the iPad up as a network location on your PC, then copy (pdf) files over to the iPad and read them using GoodReader. Quality is excellent.

No foot pedal and relatively small size of the iPad makes it hard to use sheet music in a live situation; I hope Music Reader has some kind of half page turn option. But if you wanted to read pdf files, e.g. manuals it's a piece of cake!

#284439 - 04/15/10 03:54 PM Re: Using the NEW iPAD with your arranger keyboard.
PraiseTheLord Offline

Just checked the App Store and in fact there are several pdf readers.

#284440 - 07/09/10 12:05 PM Re: Using the NEW iPAD with your arranger keyboard.
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I was skeptical about the iPad for music - then I saw one. I thought the screen would be too small compared to my Music Pad Pro. However- the screen is so crisp, clear and bright, that I like it better than my MPP. I brought out into the sun - and I could still read the music!

So I got one. The app I use is called "unreal Book" - it's a great app - made for musicians! Has simple Set List creation ability, search for song titles, features for big PDFs that have lots of pages (easy to navigate) etc. Does exactly what I need.

Not sure if my more serious "dense" music (like 3-staff organ music or dense-note piano music) will hold up to the 9.7" screen, but my fake sheets, chord charts, and lead sheets (lyrics + chords) work perfectly and are very readable, and easy to navigate using unreal Book...

Jim Laing
Tyros 3

#284441 - 07/09/10 02:05 PM Re: Using the NEW iPAD with your arranger keyboard.
Dnj Offline

#284442 - 07/09/10 06:21 PM Re: Using the NEW iPAD with your arranger keyboard.
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Probably a dumb question, but is there a foot pedal to turn the pages? Can they be advanced wirelessly? -Ted

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online