SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28413 - 12/26/98 11:44 AM XP-50 Setup to Change Banks from Cakewalk. How?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have imported the Cakewalk XP-50 Instrument definitions but am unable to setup the XP-50 to play them from my midi file. I noticed the inability to change system midi parameters in GM mode. I tried Patch mode but am only able to play a single patch at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#28414 - 01/02/99 02:21 AM Re: XP-50 Setup to Change Banks from Cakewalk. How?
Carlos Carbone Offline

Loc: Panama, Panama, Panama
The JV 1080 (and I think the XP-50 should be the same) has a GM RX(receive switch) and if it is set to off GM won´t work. This switch is located in the System Page. Also when I want to play a GM SMF I manually put the JV in GM Mode which is separate from Perform Mode.
About the bank selection, well it could be that tha bank change switch (also in system mode and in each performance memory) could be set to off. Also, remember that if you are playing multitimbral songs you should be in Performance mode.

#28415 - 01/11/99 08:11 AM Re: XP-50 Setup to Change Banks from Cakewalk. How?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jack...

Go hit my web page:

http://www.iag.net/~mv338

Once there hit the XP-50 Files link at the top and there you will find the answer that you seek...

In short, you have to create a blank performance on your XP-50 and call it Cakewalk...Assign each PART to an individual midi channel (ie 1-16)...Open a 16 Multi-Channel Template in Cakewalk...Now you should be able to Change your respective parts from Cakewalk using the instrument def file. The TEXT file on my page is more descriptive....

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online