SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#283958 - 03/26/10 05:26 PM OT - Neighbour was burgled
DannyUK Offline

I'm a bit concerned even though it hasn't directly affected me, my neighbour was burgled two nights ago and now of course feeling a bit anxious especially since I've only just got my T3 the last thing i'd even want was to get it stolen. I am insured but even so i'd rather not lose it in the first place.

I was thinking maybe I should move it into my bedroom instead of having it in the main living room where it's really obvious to see, but then I'd always have to go upstairs a lot of the time. There is no easy way of hiding such a bit unit like this.

Thanks for reading, I guess I was just getting it off my chest.

Thanks,
Danny.

#283959 - 03/26/10 06:19 PM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Danny,

Sorry to hear of your neighbor's misfortune. In this part of the world, where guns are still permitted to be owned by ordinary citizens, the burglar has a good chance of being ventilated. If I recall, in the UK only criminals have guns. If that's the case, an alarm system, with an outdoors sign may be of some benefit, and could possibly act as a deterrent. Just some food for thought.

Good luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#283960 - 03/26/10 06:36 PM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
My 2 cent's.

A Burglar Alarm is a great deterrent. Just seeing that box sitting on the front of your house will put them off when there are other houses around that don't have one.

Wireless systems are dead easy to install too and run for about 2 to 3 years before needing any battery attention.

When I was living in the City our home was broken into as well as a few others on the same night. Not one of the houses that had an alarm were touched.

It's the worst feeling ever, so get an alarm ASAP.

Regards
James

#283961 - 03/26/10 06:47 PM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
A burglar alarm AND a 9mm Glock is the real ticket. Oh yes, don't forget the big ass German Shepard. You Brits might as well invite the burglar in, give him a spot of tea and help him carry the loot to the car. We would give him a spot of tea here in the States also but it would leak out of the holes in him put there by the 9mm Glock.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 03-26-2010).]

Tom

#283962 - 03/26/10 07:01 PM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I understand the anger but I'd hate to find out the burgler I just killed was a 16 yr. old kid. Let's see now, human life vs. Tyros 3, hmmmmm, tough choice. On the other hand, if someone came for my Nord C1......

chas

#283963 - 03/26/10 10:48 PM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
I'm a bit concerned even though it hasn't directly affected me, my neighbour was burgled two nights ago and now of course feeling a bit anxious especially since I've only just got my T3 the last thing i'd even want was to get it stolen. I am insured but even so i'd rather not lose it in the first place.

I was thinking maybe I should move it into my bedroom instead of having it in the main living room where it's really obvious to see, but then I'd always have to go upstairs a lot of the time. There is no easy way of hiding such a bit unit like this.

Thanks for reading, I guess I was just getting it off my chest.

Thanks,
Danny.

Danny,

The guys in the states are right we should have guns like they do and just shoot, in the UK we appear to end up doing what they do in the USA 10 years on, but never on guns will we follow. They are probably the same in the states, order a pizza and ring for the police, the pizza will come first. James is right if you have an alarm box on the wall usually they will move on to the next one that hasn’t, if you leave KB on display or even start playing loud someone will notice, also don’t ever leave you door or car keys on the bottom stair, they will fish it through the front door. The police say make it difficult for them and they will move on, you average criminal wants something small under the arm so change the plastic T3 for a very heavy metal ****** or a ****** or a ********, if he’s on his own he won’t be able to carry it. Frankly, you don’t want him in your house it must be very very distressing, some people never ever get over it. Do you have a neighborhood watch?

Regards Danny

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-26-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#283964 - 03/26/10 11:47 PM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
A burglar alarm AND a 9mm Glock is the real ticket.

Keep in mind that if you get a gun , fear could push you intoo using it even when those burglars are unarmed.

Thats why people are not allowed to have guns in their posession at home in the mopre civilised countries of this world like the Netherlands.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#283965 - 03/27/10 01:38 AM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
the problem is that you wont know if they are unarmed or not. I know i would prefer not to leave all the options to the burglar.

#283966 - 03/27/10 02:06 AM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you look at crime in the UK, Gun crime (In most crime committed) is negligible and changing the law to allow everyone to have a gun will just cause more criminals to buy one, AND be prepared to use it.
This is the last thing you want, as it just moves crime up to a whole new level where a Tyros 3 becomes more valuable than a human life.
In the States they have always had guns all through their history, whereas in the UK they haven’t, so how crime is tackled in one country, cannot be transferred to another.

Bill

#283967 - 03/27/10 05:09 AM Re: OT - Neighbour was burgled
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Danny,
In this part of the world, where guns are still permitted to be owned by ordinary citizens, the burglar has a good chance of being ventilated. If I recall, in the UK only criminals have guns. If that's the case, an alarm system, with an outdoors sign may be of some benefit, and could possibly act as a deterrent. Just some food for thought.

Good luck,

Gary

The USA intentional murder rate is 5.4 per 100,000 people. UK is 2.3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate.

Overall, the crime rates in the US are the highest in the 1st world, and the per capita prison population is the highest in the world. Either we have the nastiest people in the world, or we're doing the wrong things to deter crime.

BTW, sorry about your neighbor.

Beakybird

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online