Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#283049 - 03/13/10 06:15 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
In an attempt to sleep-gas the hijackers and return to the original thread....

Where were all these prices found? Online stores? If yes, please name them so we all know and can benefit.

Hi Trident
Most are mean prices from Google product search in Europe, exceptions are Wersi where the price is taken from the manufactures site, Bohm which is taken from a price list they produced last year and Lionstracs which is taken from an Austrian website http://www.tastenpoint.at/shop/index.php (Bohm, Lionstracs and Wersi have limited dealerships, so do not show up on Google product search)
Hope this helps

Bill

#283050 - 03/13/10 06:43 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
So Diki and Ian, how old did you guys say you were? I thought I was the only one still going through pre-puberty.

chas

#283051 - 03/13/10 07:04 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
So Diki and Ian, how old did you guys say you were? I thought I was the only one still going through pre-puberty.

chas

Well, Chas, old pal...this second pre-puberty stage has one advantage...I haven't needed to shave all day.

For my penance I shall limit myself to single-fingered chords for the remainder of the day, only use factory One Touch Settings, and remove the pictures of you and Diki from the cat's litter box...

Ian

#283052 - 03/13/10 07:11 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
....and remove the pictures of you and Diki from the cat's litter box...

Ian

chas

#283053 - 03/13/10 07:35 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It took nearly a half-hour to read the 63 posts above. Now I'm going to take my home keyboard out and do a professional performance. I'll probably use just a couple fingers for some chords, then switch to four fingers for others--you can do that with home keyboards. I'm going to play some old songs from the 50s, 60s, 70s, most will be upbeat, but I'll probably play some slow stuff too. I'll give the AD an invoice, then we'll sit in her office and set up another 9 jobs for the remainder of the year. Pro players have to do these things or they don't get paid. And if they didn't get paid, they wouldn't be classified as a pro player--they would be a home player, even if they played a Steinway with all their fingers.

When I get home I'll fire up the PC and while it boots up I'll probably mix a tall glass of Kickapoo Joy Juice. Both home and pro players, using both home and pro keyboards, are allowed to do this. It has become a daily ritual before clicking on the shortcut to the Synthzone.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#283054 - 03/13/10 12:56 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think I need a glass of your Kickapoo Joy Juice to put me on a level playing field with Ian. Maybe two That bacon and maple syrup made me thirsty!

What astounds me is the amount of time I wasted arguing with one guy that has made his own private 'definition' up, that few agree with (if any), and has the gall to think that, as long as HE says it is so, it actually IS...

MY 'definition' of arranger is, any musical instrument that drives Ian to delusions of Webster-like authority...

#283055 - 03/13/10 01:41 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

What astounds me is the amount of time I wasted arguing with one guy that has made his own private 'definition' up, that few agree with (if any), and has the gall to think that, as long as HE says it is so, it actually IS...

No buddy, there's no such thing as "wasted time", and I consider it an honor to educate you properly about what defines a "home keyboard"....and, we weren't "arguing"...you were just a little confused, and I was guiding you back on the path.

Now, I'd send you some bacon, but I never eat it, and the stuff here in the Maritimes ain't so good...it's cut that thin, that the pig didn't even flinch when they sliced it off his behind.

Luckily, I do have a Maple tree in my backyard...I'll send you a couple of leaves, and you can try squeezing the syrup out of them...

Now, any more questions regarding the status of arrangers, just phone any music store...and ask where they keep them.

Ian

#283056 - 03/13/10 01:54 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
....... has the gall to think that, as long as HE says it is so, it actually IS...

Woops, that sound like it could be a description of Diki as well as me.

Guess I should put on some smilies, just in case.

Cheers
GJ

Btw, is this tread "hijacked now?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#283057 - 03/13/10 10:13 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Btw, is this tread "hijacked now?

Yep, and bound for Cuba...!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online