Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
MMMMmmmmm.... Bacon!

#283040 - 03/12/10 07:57 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:

so would you say this guy uses professional gear?

If the Audya has single fingered chord, I would say that Steve uses a "home" keyboard in a very professional way.

But, it still is a "home" keyboard.

Nothing wrong with using a "home" keyboard for professional gigs...most of us on SZ use them that way...but it still is a "home" keyboard as long as it needs to have single finger chording...I don't know any pros that use one-fingered chords, so why is such a feature on the instrument?

Because, it started out as a home keyboard, and had workstation enhancements tacked on.

Ian

#283041 - 03/12/10 08:06 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
MMMMmmmmm.... Bacon!

What does bacon have to do with your G-70 being a "home" keyboard, unless you think it's a "Pig", We used to call my old B-3 by that name because it was so heavy, so I can understand your reasons.

Bacon? I don't touch the stuff myself, too fatty, too salty, and full of nitrates.

You must remember...the G-70 was sold alongside other arrangers, digital pianos and Atelier organs...the home market.

It was sold in Canada the same way.

Ian

#283042 - 03/12/10 08:58 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Diki Offline

Ian, if YOUR 'definition' is the only thing that matters, you can hardly blame us for regarding it as a joke. For something to be any more widespread an accepted term than your own private language, it has to pass certain criteria. You keep narrowing your definition, as it suits you. First, it was keyboards with One Finger Chords. Finally acknowledged as spurious by a redefinition. Now it's 'arrangers with One Finger Systems'... That is, SO conveniently, ALL of them Quod erat demonstrandum. Game over, he shoots, he scores!

Only the most self deluded thinks that only HIS definition of a phrase is the one, the only, the ne plus ultra. So, by your own rules, MY definition of 'Canadian Logic' MUST be correct. After all, I say it's a fact. And no amount of proving me wrong will prove me wrong And, if I finally wake up from my hibernation, and realize I am starting to sound like an addled bear, all I'll have to do is change it to not include the bacon (but the winter and the maple syrup still stand), and hallelujah! I'm right again!

Global warming can't come soon enough for me!

#283043 - 03/12/10 09:01 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Diki Offline

BTW, all 'pro' keyboards have black and white keys. All arrangers have black and white keys...

QED

#283044 - 03/12/10 09:50 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

. Now it's 'arrangers with One Finger Systems'... That is, SO conveniently, ALL of them

Yes that's right...it is "arrangers with single finger chords"...very perceptive of you, considering your handicap.

That makes it very simple...simple enough for even you to understand, although I have a feeling it could possibly slip by you again.

So, here it is again...if an arranger has a single finger chord mode, it obviously is a home keyboard...beginners use one-finger chords, so that's why it's there.

Now, you can tack on all the features you want, but it is still a "home" keyboard.

Even more remarkable, is that they are marketed that way in stores...why?

Because they are regarded as instruments for fun and for the hobbyist.

Stenciling the word "Pro" on them, is an attempt to expand the market from "home" users to professionals....more money for the manufacturer...understandable.

Here in Canada, and the USA, I'm told, the few G-70's that were sold were displayed alongside other arrangers, Atelier organs, Casio keyboards...they were, and still are, regarded as "home" keyboards...for awhile no one knew how to categorize them...no speakers was an attempt at looking pro, but single finger chords, and auto accompaniment like the Casio's near-by, shouted "home" and "amateur"...so, guess what won out.

Now, I know you sometimes have rare moments of lucidity, so I'm hoping you are in one of them when you read this post, and you can not only understand my point, but you can cut out the insults to Canadians (and your revelations of your ignorance of them as well) and we can carry on with your futile attempts to call an arranger with single finger chording anything but what it is...a "home" instrument, for fun and for hobbyists, occasionally used by professionals.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 03-12-2010).]

#283045 - 03/13/10 12:16 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Bachus Offline

Why does everything need to be labeled and categorised ?

Since all arrangers have different options and all workstations too, lets just all name them "Keyboards" and just compare the features and quallity...

This whole discussion does not make sense to me anymore

http://keyszone.boards.net

#283046 - 03/13/10 01:48 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Tonewheeldude Offline

I am beginning to get Synthzone at last...The great thing about it..is that you can just pretend to 'miss' the things you would rather not see and go away knowing you are right and everyone else is wrong....how wonderful!

hehe

there is a fun element to the bantering as long as its not taken too far.

TWD

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 03-13-2010).]

#283047 - 03/13/10 02:30 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
[B]I am beginning to get Synthzone at last...The great thing about it..is that you can just pretend to 'miss' the things you would rather not see and go away knowing you are right and everyone else is wrong....how wonderful!

hehe
there is a fun element to the bantering as long as its not taken too far.

Right...just like you've been doing all along as well.

hehe

The "fun" element in the bantering, is usually watching how many insults, and how much mockery some people try to get away with, as long as the stuff is accompanied by a smiley (that's supposed to make it "okay"), and as long as it has little or nothing to do with the topic.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 03-13-2010).]

#283048 - 03/13/10 04:43 AM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
In an attempt to sleep-gas the hijackers and return to the original thread....

Where were all these prices found? Online stores? If yes, please name them so we all know and can benefit.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online