SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#283019 - 03/12/10 06:08 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Next thing it'll be painting a number on a car's door suddenly makes it a racing car.

Ha ha.

Ian

Most rally cars are based on a standard road car but with enhancements.

ever heard of Saloon car racing?

How about a 10 second street racer based on 4 door family saloon?

TWD

#283020 - 03/12/10 06:17 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Ha finally figure it out how these smileys works

#283021 - 03/12/10 06:18 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Or adding traction control STOPS it from being a supercar! Ha ha!

Circular logic gets you nowhere, Ian. As long as you can put down one finger on a WS and get accompaniment, apparently no number of REAL 'pro' features overcomes that handicap. Sauce for the goose...

You've got to remember that ALL electronic keyboards started out with the humble organ. Every last one of them. They ALL have their roots in 'home' organs (nobody made portables at the start) no matter WHERE they are now. 'Pro' arrangers like the PA2Xpro, T3, E80/G70 and Audya have far more features taken from pro WS's, samplers, synths and other pro type keyboards than they do from home organs... but that is their common roots. By YOUR definition, every single keyboard on the planet is a 'home' keyboard. You are going to have to do better than that!

If you can't make a definition of a 'home' keyboard that doesn't include those keyboards that even YOU classify as 'pro', you haven't nailed it yet. One finger chords? WS's got 'em. Pro's playing arrangers? Plenty of those here. Roots in organs..? The lot of 'em.

Have another go...

#283022 - 03/12/10 06:22 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Ha finally figure it out how these smileys works

Congratulations, Frans. Now you can avoid posting any words at all, as most of your comments basically boil down to that emoticon...

#283023 - 03/12/10 06:23 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
FransN Offline

Now thats not nice

#283024 - 03/12/10 06:24 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Yes I know And I won't change my opinion until Yamaha finally decide to put the quality sound of their workstations into their arrangers.

Surely you jest? The Tyros3 has a great many patches from the Motif, and quite a few incredibly cool new ones that are exclusive to the T3.

My S910 also has a lot of Motif patches...all excellent.

Then there are the Super Articulation 1 and 2 plus Mega voices.

Great sounding patches aren't lacking on either.

But, if you prefer the Korg sound, then no amount of great sounding Yamaha synth and acoustic voices will ever win you over...but that's okay...there are plenty who are very impressed with the new voices.

As I said before...Yamaha's arrangers aren't "better", because that is a personal thing and there is no clear winner...but they are definitely among the best.

Ian

#283025 - 03/12/10 06:30 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Diki Offline

Quote:
Now thats not nice

See? The words are redundant

#283026 - 03/12/10 06:33 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
FransN Offline

Sure some sounds on the Tyros 3 and PSR are fantastic but I am talking about the total sound.

If you put a Tyros 3 or a PSR s910 next to a Motif XS you will notice that the total sound of the Motif is better and more expressive.

If you spend so much money on a Yamaha arranger don't you want the best sound available. I know I will and many with me.

#283027 - 03/12/10 06:40 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That's fine guys...I don't mind being ganged up on...especially when I'm right.

Big glaring and unavoidably unprofessional feature....Single finger chord...the hallmark of a home keyboard.

Why have it, if these arranger instruments are meant for pros first and home second...are some pros unable to form chords?

Even with three of you, you haven't even made a dent in my premise...not even a tiny little scrape.

When the arranger is made without single finger easy play chords, and factory one touch settings, then I'll agree it is made for pros...but not until.

It's still a "home keyboard" with a few workstation enhancements....not a workstation with home keyboard features.

Ian

#283028 - 03/12/10 06:43 PM Re: TOTL Arranger Prices
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
That's fine guys...I don't mind being ganged up on...especially when I'm right.

and oh so open minded too

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online