Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#282708 - 03/05/10 10:52 AM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#282709 - 03/05/10 11:45 AM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
Tonewheeldude Offline

My Father distributes the KeyB in the UK.

Many of you already know I worked for Hammond for years and when he told me about it..I just didn't want to know.

He ordered them in anyway, but I 'knew' I was going to hate it..its a clone after all. But it didn't matter how much I tried I couldn't fault the thing. Its like playing a real vintage Hammond, not a digital one.

He was the countries biggest Hammond agent and when the XK3 came out they were going out of the door like nobodys business, but he noticed straight away people were buying KeyB instead of XK systems. In the end he didn't bother stocking the XK system anymore.

In the last month he has taken two XK systems in for KeyB's. One went to the Steve Howe Trio (Guitarist from YES) and the other to John Paul Gard (Pedalmania). Both serious Hammond people.

I will never say anything against the current Hammonds, they are fine instruments if you like to tweek the sound, but if your serious about vintage keys its impossible to tell the KeyB from a vintage C3...and the Leslie Sim! all the years I worked with Hammonds and Leslie's I maintained a sim was just to get you by. Not so with the KeyB, you just don't need a leslie speaker.

Its all a bit depressing because I look after hammond-organ.com and run hammondzone yahoo email group which is the biggest organ group on the web. I tell you its messed me up big time and I hardly dare post on the yahoo group anymore.

#282710 - 03/05/10 11:51 AM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:

"Show me the MONEY $$$$$" ...
t.

Sorry but thats just not true!

I know Joey personally. For him its about the music. Money is absolutely not the motivation here.

Its even the same with Elvio, the guy that builds the KeyB in Italy, he is a huge Hammond fan and his passion is the sound and to make the KeyB into the ultimate vintage feeling organ. He is a genius and an absolute gem of a person.

There are still some people in the music industry that are not motivated by cash thankfully

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 03-05-2010).]

#282711 - 03/05/10 01:06 PM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
That's good info, TWD. Thanks. I know Joey's dad, John, pretty well (haven't seen him in a few years). Does anyone know if it's being distributed in the US? I would seriously love to have that piece of gear. For the last few years, I've been very shaky about pulling the trigger on another B3 because of the maintenance thing. I did have one up until '04 when we left Hawaii. Other than upgrading my VP550 to a VP770, this KeyB Duo is about the only board I'm lusting after at the moment. Of course, I wouldn't kick a nice Oasys out of bed, either.

chas

#282712 - 03/05/10 01:46 PM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
TWD, would you confirm that the approx. $4500 price for the KeyB Duo actually includes the full pedalboard as well, or would that be extra, too?

#282713 - 03/05/10 01:56 PM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Diki, in one of the videos, I heard Joey quote $8500 for the rig he was demo'ing, which included stand, pedalboard (25), and bench.

chas

#282714 - 03/05/10 02:07 PM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Yikes!

OK, another dream dies...

So... anyone got a rack Nord Electro they wanna sell cheap?

#282715 - 03/05/10 02:44 PM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
Tonewheeldude Offline

I am not sure of the USA setup for distribution or pricing, I will ask and get back to you.

Diversi were rebranding and selling the old models but I am not certain that is still the case. I think it may be someone else now.

#282716 - 03/05/10 04:51 PM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Vintage Hammond VS DLQ KeyB2. Filmed at Hammond Italia Social Club, June 2006.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5U6y78M-7I&feature=related

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#282717 - 03/06/10 09:28 AM Re: Joey DeFrancesco on the KeyB Organ
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
It's got WHITE keys, not off-white.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online